Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Winstonthedog

DONKEYS

4 hours ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

The only true answer is Ryan Bennett; an ass to beat all other jackasses! 

We never actually bought him, he was a loan player, so he might get a pass on the thread topic.

Ward, £12m for a back up keeper was always insane, then we gave him a new 4 year deal in 2021 after he'd barely played to bump him up to £50k pw (apparently). His 22/23 'highlight' real is so laughably bad you actually forget the consistency of his shit performances. Had we played Iversen 10 games earlier we stay up comfortably. I've never known a combo more culpable for disaster than Rodgers/Ward, they were the anti-Mahrez/Vardy of 15/16.

Honourable mention to Adrien Silva, had we registered him on time (not his fault obviously) things might have been different but he was miles of it. ~£20m for 21 appearances in 3 years, 2 loans and a free transfer in customary Rudkin City fashion. This shit has been going on for 7 years! 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, The boy Linacre said:

I'm an unhappy fan about him because he made the last 24 months about HIM - BUT.......

We won the FA CUP

Finished 5th twice

Played in Europe and reached the ECL Semi against Roma, he just cocked the last season up BUT

"The management" shouldn't have panicked when newspaper talk said Arsenal were interested in him early on and jacked him up to £8m/py & they should have sacked him BEFORE that international window so they could get a new manager in, the Bournemouth & Villa defeats were integral to us going down.

I said it at that time but I'll never see us win the FA Cup and finish 5th in the top flight, in the same season, again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shambles said:

Filip Benkovic - £13m. 🤯

weird how he was supposedly really goof at celtic under rodgers. when rodgers did come here he never even gave him a chance.

list of donkeys: soumare, perez, bennett, tete, slimani, musa, ward, ghezzal,  diabate

Edited by don_danbury

2 hours ago, Stadt said:

Ward, £12m for a back up keeper was always insane, then we gave him a new 4 year deal in 2021 after he'd barely played to bump him up to £50k pw (apparently). His 22/23 'highlight' real is so laughably bad you actually forget the consistency of his shit performances. Had we played Iversen 10 games earlier we stay up comfortably. I've never known a combo more culpable for disaster than Rodgers/Ward, they were the anti-Mahrez/Vardy of 15/16.

Honourable mention to Adrien Silva, had we registered him on time (not his fault obviously) things might have been different but he was miles of it. ~£20m for 21 appearances in 3 years, 2 loans and a free transfer in customary Rudkin City fashion. This shit has been going on for 7 years! 

Very true about the policy ... would be good if Rudkin or the club stood up and explained it 

7 hours ago, bovril said:

Played in the World Cup! God has a plan for us all....

From memory: Henderson got a red card with 5 min left. Ward subbed in, let in 2 goals in those 5 mins and Wales got knocked out by Iran.

The man is a sports bettors' dream - guaranteed goals.

• Haha 4

9 hours ago, AKCJ said:

I think the issue with Soumare is more mentality and the fact he's clearly just not settled here. A donkey doesn't get loans to Sevilla and Roma.

I think Musa would be my shout. Outside of a friendly and getting fouled by Hector Bellerin on debut he literally did nothing here and looked like a League 1 player.

Almost caused a pitch invasion at Sheff Utd in the cup though :ph34r:

On 14/08/2024 at 09:18, Spudulike said:

I'd say Benkovic but we didn't actually find out. One of the most weird signings.

Weird all round...He had talent but his career just fizzled out...I got the feeling there was something more going on behind the scenes