Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Top selling up? Twitter rumour..

As much as I'm not sure about the rumour.

There is something not right at the moment, so something like this wouldn't surprise me at all. In fact its probably been on the cards for 4/5 years

• Like 1

Bring on the Saudis! 

Sell off the brand new hotel whenever it's built, use that for funds for transfers. 

Might as well go down the totally unethical and immoral route given that others have and won't/don't get punished... 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Bring on the Saudis! 

Sell off the brand new hotel whenever it's built, use that for funds for transfers. 

Might as well go down the totally unethical and immoral route given that others have and won't/don't get punished... 

I don't see how others haven't done it yet or even gone for the scatter gun approach. 

Go out and buy 5,6,7 £50m players, challenge for Europe and get Europe. Bigger revenue streams... more money etc. What's going to happen? A points deduction? Yeah.. you'll have the squad to deal with it and still chanellege the season or two after. 

• Like 4

Worrying - but not at all surprising - if our board aren't on speaking terms. Wonder which side of that battle Top falls down on.

Wouldn't be disappointed to see KP cut ties - we had a great few years but things have certainly shifted recently. Just hope that if Top does sell up, whoever comes in isn't even worse.

Wonder what this would mean - if anything - for the stadium expansion. Presumably that's dead in the water and would have to start over from scratch with whoever takes over?

Probably an unsubstantiated rumour anyway, so won't get hopes up... lol

6 minutes ago, Ashley said:

I don't see how others haven't done it yet or even gone for the scatter gun approach. 

Go out and buy 5,6,7 £50m players, challenge for Europe and get Europe. Bigger revenue streams... more money etc. What's going to happen? A points deduction? Yeah.. you'll have the squad to deal with it and still chanellege the season or two after. 

Precisely what Chelsea seem to be doing, knowing there's a transfer ban coming. 

Hoard players so that when players naturally leave or want to leave, they've still got loads ready to step in. 

What other team in their right mind has 7 or 8 keepers on the go lol

47 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:
Tensions behind the scenes Rudkin and Whelan no longer on speaking terms the boardroom is in turmoil according to what I've heard. Top has lost interest and is willing to listen to offers for the club. #lcfc

Fingers crossed 🤞 

Careful what you wish for....Mike Ashley has plenty of cash floating around, and there are still several Arab states keen to do a spot of sports washing.  Add the possibility of asset stripping Americans or shady Eastern European businessmen, and suddenly the grass may not be so green elsewhere.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, westernpark said:

You could argue he never did, if their default position when doing badly is to blame fans for being mean. You learn the most about someone when the chips are down.

Has he done that?

5 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

The current board have not got the interest of Leicester City at the forefront. Choose whatever word you want. Top isn’t a hero

i don't think that king power are getting more out of the club than they're putting in.  so parasite seemed an odd word to use  - that's all. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

i don't think that king power are getting more out of the club than they're putting in.  so parasite seemed an odd word to use  - that's all. 

Ok point taken. I’ll use jackass from now onwards :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Stadt said:

Yeah a new owner could come in and get us relegated, break PSR/FFP regs, have our best players leave, £100m+ worth of talent leave on free transfers, rip off the fans, hike prices up, not address long standing issues like ticketing and keep shity staff in place

chill out Suze ......

1 minute ago, Stadt said:

Yeah a new owner could come in and get us relegated, break PSR/FFP regs, have our best players leave, £100m+ worth of talent leave on free transfers, rip off the fans, hike prices up, not address long standing issues like ticketing and keep shity staff in place

Well its not impossible is it?   lol

1 minute ago, Stadt said:

But I doubt they would enable us to win the Prem., and the FA Cup and compete in Europe on equal terms.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The Whelan and Rudkin part is the most frustrating element, this has been going on for a while and nothing has been done about it. The lack of leadership stinks, I appreciate that not everyone has to be best of friends or even like each other but FFS this is becoming a detriment to our club. Deal with it.