Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Top selling up? Twitter rumour..

22 minutes ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

King Power has bounced back financially following the pandemic. Money isn’t the problem. 

It is those in charge of it. When you think about how much we were paying Bertrand, Vestergaard, Soumare, Perez etc and the money wasted on fees we are a million miles from the likes of Brighton, Palace, Bournemouth etc.

Change needs to happen and quickly.

That is true... Rodgers certainly a lot to answer for, but again Top never should have signed those cheques and Rudkin should have going out and their recruiting better players.

Chasing the champions league dream, can be a dangerous game, if not played right could be damaging for a club especially if you dont make it. Same happened to Aston Villa i think with Randy Lerner under MON they spent over 100million back then to get into the top four. Only to finish sixth three times. What happened later, club got themselves into a right mess and then got relegated. Portsmouth too.. though there decline happen much quicker.

Cant forget to include Everton aswell, Leeds way back also.

Edited by Leicesterpool

Just now, Leicesterpool said:

That is true... Rodgers certainly a lot to answer for, but again Top never should have signed those cheques and Rudkin should have going out and their recruiting better players.

Chasing the champions league dream, can be a dangerous game, if not played right could be damaging for a club especially if you dont make it. Same happened to Aston Villa i think with Randy Lerner under MON they spent over 100million back then to get into the top four. Only to finish sixth three times. What happened later, club got themselves into a right mess and then got relegated. Portsmouth too.. though there decline happen much quicker.

It almost like the financial rules are setup to stop anyone breaking into the top 4..

• Like 1

I can't see the account on Twitter and after yesterday's performance in the Zaha thread when I nearly bought the thread to it's knees I am scared to do anything any more. What is this Ashley's credentials or this just a "ITK" sorta guy?

34 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Worst case Mike Ashley 

Beware of Trojan's bearing gifts. 

You could get a Saudi, you could get a Mike Ashley. You could get one like Sheffield Wednesday that is basically at war with the fans, releases weird statements about the fans behaviour and is now saying if you are caught in a knock off shirt you will be booted out the ground. 

1 hour ago, Lionator said:

He could do the much easier thing and just sack Rudkin? 

Rudkin won’t ever get sacked. 

He’s got Top by the balls unfortunately. 

Whelan on the other hand is a very well respected woman, especially within the football circuits.. I can’t remember who it was but a female CEO was recently on talk sport saying how delighted she was that Susan was back in the PL board room, as they all rate her very highly. Ultimately, she will likely go, and we will be stuck with Rudkin….. rudderless, spineless, clueless Rudkin. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Fortunately it's not in transfer talk so I don't care lol

But almost certainly complete rubbish. 

Tier 5 with Nixon then? 

2 hours ago, Wymsey said:

Would you be happy with Saudis?

If they're pledging to get rid of Rudkin and Danny Ward then I'll be down the KP in a thawb and keffiyeh before the ink is dry.

Really torn with this because King Power are becoming our downfall, yet just about everything good we've achieved has come under their ownership.

We can't continue to decline whilst holding on to the nostalgia of 'we won the league' and ultimately,  it's probably best for both parties that the clubs sold.

I think Top just isn't equipped to run the club, and he's let down by his key advisories. The rot is much deeper than Top, the whole club would need a reset.

Rudkin the cockroach would probably survive even if the club did get sold!

A lot about our ownership does frustrate me, but I don't dislike them. Whether they genuinely like the club, or whether it's just a business to them, they'd still want the best success,  they just seem to struggle with how to achieve it. Running a football club obviously isn't their bread and butter duty free etc so clearly out of their depth.

Edited by adejo92

29 minutes ago, ramboacdc said:

I can't see the account on Twitter and after yesterday's performance in the Zaha thread when I nearly bought the thread to it's knees I am scared to do anything any more. What is this Ashley's credentials or this just a "ITK" sorta guy?

A terminally online bedroom ITK desperate for a bit of engagement. 

Which he now has... lol

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Whelan and Rudkin not on speaking terms? Ha ha. 

Maybe this is why that post season review didn’t get published. 

They weren’t speaking, so nothing to report. 

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

There's more chance of us signing the entire Ayew family than Top selling up this year. 

Depressingly Abedi 'Pele' Ayew probably still gets into our matchday squad even at 59.

Edited by ealingfox

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

There's more chance of us signing the entire Ayew family than Top selling up this year. 

Having said that, looks like Nixon was correct with Ayew. 

The absolute state of some of the comments in this thread.  Good grief.

Some folk on here have no idea of what a poorly run football club looks like.

I'll just place this here.  If you'd like to see where the great teams we should try to emulate appear on the list.

image.thumb.png.b09797ec99f02f995692652fb4e26bc4.png

• Like 1
  • Sad 1