Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Top selling up? Twitter rumour..

1 hour ago, fleshdaddy said:

Wouldn’t surprise me at all, and surely now we’re a Premier League club again, albeit likely only for another season, it’s the best time to sell up to get the most amount possible. 

Would you spend say £300m to buy us outright now. Pts deduction and our weakest side ever in the prem.

Lets be honest do any of us think we will be prem next season. So if we don't no business man will.

Psr rules mean they can't put millions in to get us back up or even keep us up if sold tomorrow.

1 hour ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Rudkin has had reported issues with:

Pearson

Ranieri

Puel

Enzo

Whelan

Macia

Walsh

a number of scouts

God knows who else. If it smells like a rat, it’s a Rat Top. ****ing hell. 

Bad egg. He must give a fecking great blow job and swallow.

1 minute ago, sylofox said:

Would you spend say £300m to buy us outright now. Pts deduction and our weakest side ever in the prem.

Lets be honest do any of us think we will be prem next season. So if we don't no business man will.

Psr rules mean they can't put millions in to get us back up or even keep us up if sold tomorrow.

Bad egg. He must give a fecking great blow job and swallow.

No chance, they have sunk in around that over the last 10 years.

You don't become billionaire without turning a profit.

Just now, StanSP said:

So winning a trophy in 2021 means we can't be mad at how the club is run? 

Seriously? 

"Parasite", "Brentford, Brighton & Palace" better run than us?

Bear in mind some thought it was a fiasco under Pierrpoint, Kinch et al in the early 2000's Just before we went bust and we've still won EVERY domestic honour whilst Villa, Everton, Leeds, Florist, Newcastle etc etc have won the square root of Scottish Football Association.

The last 25 years under numerous ownerships have been the most successful and most disappointing in our history but really, some folk need to take a look our history and at the rest of the league if they think we are poorly run. 

• Like 1

Hmm think the store is missing out here, they should sell little Rudkin action dolls, maybe some repurposed action man figures might do,  with a voodoo guide and pins and such, hmmm Ward too. 

I don't believe for a minute that Whelan and Rudkin aren't on speaking terms. 

You can't run a multi million pound business if Directors aren't speaking to each other - I don't buy it.

They might not like each other but they still have to work together.

It's not the playground FFS.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, pleatout said:

The last 25 years under numerous ownerships have been the most successful and most disappointing in our history but really, some folk need to take a look our history and at the rest of the league if they think we are poorly run. 

We're definitely poorly run in various aspects:

Disconnect between club and fans 

Season ticket physical card charges 

Club shutting down positive fan engagement 

Club refusing to engage with fan groups (Union FS) 

Club unable to buy players/see deals through 

Breach of financial rules leading to lame excuses to try and get off the punishment 

Relegation 

Forced to sell players at a cut price due to financial breaches

Seemingly not even close to being ready for this season 

Stadium expansion being on hold/delayed/total lack of updates or news 

Shit kits 

Incompetent people in jobs higher up

• Like 4

Just how does the same club who voted against charging people to watch Premier League COVID games only a few years later charge £10 for a friendly? 

How has that disconnect to the fans kept getting even worse? Was it ever good or were we blinded by a free pint and donut? 

I want answers 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ClaphamFox said:

Curiosity got the better of me so I checked out this guy’s twitter feed. Jesus, what has become of us if we’re actually taking this seriously? 😂

Agree with this but the club will remain silent about everything as usual and let it fester sadly. 

Not saying they should react to no marks on Twitter but a good statement to put everyone's mind at ease about everything that's gone on wouldn't go amiss. 

What we will get is an AI formulated bit of garbage from Top's PA in the programme notes before Spurs pound us. 

11 minutes ago, pleatout said:

"Parasite", "Brentford, Brighton & Palace" better run than us?

Bear in mind some thought it was a fiasco under Pierrpoint, Kinch et al in the early 2000's Just before we went bust and we've still won EVERY domestic honour whilst Villa, Everton, Leeds, Florist, Newcastle etc etc have won the square root of Scottish Football Association.

Yeah we've    done well ,but let's  see what we win over the next 5 /10 years ,I bet except maybe  a promotion it'll be nothing .The club needs a shake up whether that's a sale or not, something  needs to change .

8 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

Genuinely wouldn't be surprised to see Cooper walk at this rate 

I feel sorry for him. He came to us knowing how difficult it was going to be to keep us up with the pending points deduction but he can't have imagined how dire a position he would be in come the opening game. I just hope the fans don't take their frustrations out on him if results don't go our way however, I fear the boo boys will be out in force by halftime.

Thing is fans HAVE to give cooper a chance.. to go into the first game booing and being so negative is a shocking attitude.. I say to the end of October and then cast opinions.. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, StanSP said:

We're definitely poorly run in various aspects:

Disconnect between club and fans 

has there ever been a "connect".. I had a row with Pierpoint about season ticket holders and the way the club treated us - about 25 years ago

Season ticket physical card charges 

Missed a trick.  Should have put ST prices up by £25 and offered a discount for a eticket.  The reason is obvious.  They dont want us lending our card to others.  They want us to sell the match ticket back at ST rates and then sell it on at full price.  It's all about maximising revenues

Club shutting down positive fan engagement 

Club refusing to engage with fan groups (Union FS) 

It's poor, but when have they ever done it?

Club unable to buy players/see deals through 

Really? What we havent bought any players for 3 years?

Breach of financial rules leading to lame excuses to try and get off the punishment 

No, they have used legal argument.  If the rules are badly written, then they should look for loopholes.  Everyone else does/has  Man City, Man U & Chelsea to name 3

Relegation 

Gambled and lost.  It happens.  Should maybe have sacked Rogers earlier but he won the FA Cup for us.

Forced to sell players at a cut price due to financial breaches

Cut price?  Who?  If no one buys at your price then you sell at the price someone wants to pay.  We have always had to do that.  I remember being at a talk by Alan Bennet 30 odd years ago and him saying that NatWest told them they HAD to sell Kevin McDonald to Liverpool

Seemingly not even close to being ready for this season 

I seem to remember folk saying the same last season

Stadium expansion being on hold/delayed/total lack of updates or news 

Plans are there, planning is there.  They are ready to go when the team/circumstances are are right.  You'd have an argument if it was all hot air, like it was throughout the 70's, 80's and 90's.  Beaumont Leys, my backside!

Shit kits

That's a personal preference thing.  I'm sure a focus group will tell you that they are popular or something.

Incompetent people in jobs higher up

Define incompetent.  The fact that we've won stuff, been in europe, signed some of the best players we've ever seen at our club and most of them for loose change.  Yep been relegated, but then I'm not sure there hasnt been an owner in our history that hasnt done that.

Edited by pleatout
I'm an idiot
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

"Twitter rumour"

After all these years and seemingly not even Musk recently plunging X into the depths of a sewer of disinformation can deter threads like this. Does this forum ever learn?

Wait until you have some actual confirmation - this place is doom laden as it is. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

Just how does the same club who voted against charging people to watch Premier League COVID games only a few years later charge £10 for a friendly? 

How has that disconnect to the fans kept getting even worse? Was it ever good or were we blinded by a free pint and donut? 

I want answers 

I have a theory, it's mine, feel free to rip it apart but here goes...

Lets say that Melchester Rovers board knows that almost every game is streamable for free.  Melchester fans wont pay anyway.  They'll pick up a link to stream off MelchesterTalk forums.

Meanwhile the owners of Melchester, a worldwide hotel group offer all their guests (whether they want it or not) streaming of the game in their rooms and pay Melchester £10 for every room it is streamed to.  Thereby generating a several hundreds of thousands of pounds of revenue that otherwise couldnt be pumped into the club under FFP rules.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Not true? 

Really?

You seriously have to ask? 

Honestly what do you think? 

Whatever people think of them they work together.  

That's simply not possible if they don’t talk to each other. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

No chance, they have sunk in around that over the last 10 years.

You don't become billionaire without turning a profit.

People don't buy football clubs to make money 

• Like 1