Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
niyaminski

Hypothetical New Ownership- Who Would You Like?

If anyone wants an insight into how pivotal an Owner / Manager relationship is and you have Spotify, I’m listening to the Gaffer by Neil Warnock at the moment. I‘M sure it’s a good read as well. 

However we could literally be out of the frying pan and into the fire.

going to be a very unpopular view, but Top in, Rudkin out. many owners take a back seat role and let others run it, trouble is that smarmy arsehole has got himself into the heart of the club and poisoning it from within. Get Rudkin gone and watch things change for the better

• Like 4

1 hour ago, guest123 said:

going to be a very unpopular view, but Top in, Rudkin out. many owners take a back seat role and let others run it, trouble is that smarmy arsehole has got himself into the heart of the club and poisoning it from within. Get Rudkin gone and watch things change for the better

If Whelan ran the show with another, I think things would be better. She’s always been held in high regard by people within the game, so I’m not sure if she’s entirely to blame. I get the impression the majority sits with Rudkin, I’ve heard he’s an arrogant **** as well. But unfortunately he’s got Top by the bollocks. 

• Like 4

KP have alot of credit in the bank for me, yes mistakes have happened / are still being made.... Grow a pair and get rid of Rudkin ,Whelan and associated staff and lets build this club into something special again.

5 minutes ago, LFEFox23 said:

KP have alot of credit in the bank for me, yes mistakes have happened / are still being made.... Grow a pair and get rid of Rudkin ,Whelan and associated staff and lets build this club into something special again.

We’ve been saying this for years now though, when does their credit run out?

I can’t see Rudkin ever being sacked, I think Top sells the club before sacking him. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Not sure it would. 

‘We’re skint what do you expect?’

’PSR is hampering us’

’No-one wants to join us because we’lll probably go back down’

’The points deduction means we were never gonna stay up’

The excuses are already being lined up, completely ignoring those clowns at the top are the reason for all of these excuses in the first place. 

If we lose 20+ games and we go down with a whimper people won’t be happy . There’s only so much you can excuse.

There was a bit of discontent last season at the style of play, those same people won’t because we’re going direct but losing 2-0 every week.

2 minutes ago, CountesthorpeFox1 said:

I have never understood the thought process of ‘Get rid of KP’. We could have a multi billionaire in charge and it would make zero difference due to FFP being a 3 year rolling thing. People want transfers and want transfers now yet in the same breath lose it how we got ourselves in this financial situation by offering silly contracts. 

The reality is we based our business plan on coming in Europe and got relegated which didn’t just screw our revenue for 1 year it messed it up for several. The problem KP did was try and compete but if we hadn’t we wouldn’t be happy about that but it’s easy in hindsight to say we shouldn’t have. The issue is FFP clearly ring fences clubs and we were the ‘best of the rest’ at the worst time as it was just before it all exploded in terms of them actually enforcing it. 

Now as a club we are being sensible financially to try and start again and the reality of that probably means we are not going to be able to compete and will turn into a mediocre championship team until all these contracts are up (yo-yo team at best) and then we start again. 

FFP is the problem not our ownership. Rudkin is a massive t*at though… He is incompetent and needs to go. 

We are run so poorly , get King Power gone, Top is the worst of the worst he’s so detached from reality.

Just now, CountesthorpeFox1 said:

What do you actually base that on though? He is willing to pump money in but his hands are tied. Let’s not forget where we came from. 

Do you have your head in the sand? Charging 10 pounds for pre-season games? Charging 25 pounds for a season ticket card? The club is being run not for the fans, and not too mention the incompetent football operations being delegated by Jon Rudkin and co, we are run by incompetent people, Top If he isn’t going to hire the right people to effect change then King Power should sell up!

Who would buy a club (wasting a small fortune) who are expected to get sporting penalties for the few seasons and if you spend those penalties are going to get worse. 

The only reason we got promoted and not currently sat on minus points is Tops lawyers are the 2nd best in the league (behind Man City) 

I’m happy for KP to keep being the bank behind the club, but those who are making/advising the decisions need to go

Just now, beepee1984 said:

Who would buy a club (wasting a small fortune) who are expected to get sporting penalties for the few seasons and if you spend those penalties are going to get worse. 

The only reason we got promoted and not currently sat on minus points is Tops lawyers are the 2nd best in the league (behind Man City) 

I’m happy for KP to keep being the bank behind the club, but those who are making/advising the decisions need to go

Anybody could hire competent lawyers! If you throw the money at them. Same lawyers Forest used.

Get King Power gone.

8 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Do you have your head in the sand? Charging 10 pounds for pre-season games? Charging 25 pounds for a season ticket card? The club is being run not for the fans, and not too mention the incompetent football operations being delegated by Jon Rudkin and co, we are run by incompetent people, Top If he isn’t going to hire the right people to effect change then King Power should sell up!

I don’t think I do have my head in the sand. It’s a business, and you want it run properly yet you are not happy with price increases? The outlay of the club will have increased substantially due to a crazy inflation over the last few years and we don’t expect them to recoup that in the things they can sell? That’s basic business, your outlay increases and your revenue has to. What you’re  actually unhappy about is inflation. we froze tickets for years and years, you simply can’t do that forever otherwise you end up making losses, even if that can be funded by our owner we’d be in a worse state for FFP

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

£200 million was just the debt King Power wiped off into equity on the last set of accounts.

It’s likely that much deeper pockets would be needed to buy the club at this point - even with a willing sale.

Picked the number out of thin air but you're right, it would be significantly more. 

You don't have to be rich, you just have to have your head screwed on.

The Coates family at Stoke are far richer than Bloom and Benham are but the latter are more intelligent.

Top isn't that rich by PL standards and I'd wager he's the least intelligent.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Stadt said:

You don't have to be rich, you just have to have your head screwed on.

The Coates family at Stoke are far richer than Bloom and Benham are but the latter are more intelligent.

Top isn't that rich by PL standards and I'd wager he's the least intelligent.

If Boehly is intelligent he's keeping it under wraps.

24 minutes ago, Foxmeister said:

If Boehly is intelligent he's keeping it under wraps.

He's reckless in football but he's co-founded business and his net worth is $7bn, Top is worth less than half and he's inherited that.

Top doesn't get his wallet out and we're still reckless.

34 minutes ago, Lionator said:

A deceased John Elsom would still get more deals done than Rudkin.

He would also get us saddled with so much debt we would go into administration and spend some time in League 1.

• Like 1