Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
niyaminski

Hypothetical New Ownership- Who Would You Like?

5 hours ago, guest123 said:

going to be a very unpopular view, but Top in, Rudkin out. many owners take a back seat role and let others run it, trouble is that smarmy arsehole has got himself into the heart of the club and poisoning it from within. Get Rudkin gone and watch things change for the better

Unfortunately I’m starting to think that Top and Rudkin come in a pair. Or at least that the chances of Rudkins sacking are very minimal.

I quite like Top and his family, but if he won’t sack Rudkin, then he needs to sell up for the future of our football club.

4 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

We’ve been saying this for years now though, when does their credit run out?

I can’t see Rudkin ever being sacked, I think Top sells the club before sacking him. 

Saving us from potential liquidation, winning the Premier League and FA Cup , two amazing European journeys, building a new elite training ground and planning on changing the whole complex of the stadium -  but as soon as we have a bad few years we turn our back on them?  

I fully agree the past 3 years have been tough and some very bad decisions have been made, but lets also not forget that Top was forced into this position after what happened to Vichai.... Maybe the plan was for Top to take over and run KP and LCFC or maybe it wasnt?

1 hour ago, Foxmeister said:

If your kid asks for an example of an oxymoron for their homework, this is a good one.

How is it an oxymoron, the statements aren't directly contradictory? 

We've converted a few loans into equity, it's not a direct injection of cash for transfers. We've been reckless through mismanagement of contracts and wages rather than Top splashin the cash.

Besides we're reckless obviously implicates the whole board and management rather than just Top.

Be realistic, no one will want to buy a provincial club in the midlands. 

We would probably get a skint corrupt bloke from some dubious nation, or an asset stripping American! That's the reality.

The best we could hope for is someone rich locally but its unlikely. Football isn't a particularly lucrative business unless you are the rich six.

Whoever it is we will go back to meandering in the Championship. 

45 minutes ago, LFEFox23 said:

Saving us from potential liquidation, winning the Premier League and FA Cup , two amazing European journeys, building a new elite training ground and planning on changing the whole complex of the stadium -  but as soon as we have a bad few years we turn our back on them?  

I fully agree the past 3 years have been tough and some very bad decisions have been made, but lets also not forget that Top was forced into this position after what happened to Vichai.... Maybe the plan was for Top to take over and run KP and LCFC or maybe it wasnt?

Very important to separate the KP times, pre and post Vichai. Two completely different times and unless Top drastically changes, it’ll continue to be completely different. 

5 hours ago, Happy Fox said:

We are run by clowns, get them all gone. We need to run them out by force. Protest every home game.

Leicester and Leicestershire community hasn’t got it in them for a football club. 

1 hour ago, Stadt said:

How is it an oxymoron, the statements aren't directly contradictory? 

We've converted a few loans into equity, it's not a direct injection of cash for transfers. We've been reckless through mismanagement of contracts and wages rather than Top splashin the cash.

Besides we're reckless obviously implicates the whole board and management rather than just Top.

Because the loans that were converted into equity are a direct result of investment into the squad.

38 minutes ago, Foxmeister said:

Because the loans that were converted into equity are a direct result of investment into the squad.

They were to pay for working capital mostly, mostly because of the massive wage budget that snowballed, you could call a huge wage bill investment but it wasn't very deliberate as we regularly had 30+ senior players contracted. We've basically had one season of significant net spend in 21/22 at roughly £60m. Maybe it's semantics but investment to me is a clear, demarcated cash to spend on a specific end rather than just being engulfed in a massive wage bill.

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

The biggest reason Top selling terrifies me is the potential for much worse owners. 

In fact, I actually can't imagine many situations where it gets better. 

I think it's extremely likely that we'd end up getting sold to an American investment company with no interest in growing the club who only want to just milk cash from it like most other Americans invading European football. 

Tony Bloom or Matthew Benham aren't going to turn around, say "what am I doing with my life", sell up and buy Leicester instead are they? 

And there aren't any modern, progressive, intelligent, football minded billionaires lying around that happen to be Leicester fans that want to buy us as a passion project. 

The best case in a sporting sense is some unethical despot wants to buy us for sports washing and then we lose our club anyway, I'd be straight out. 

For me, naive as it is, I just hope Top learns. Grow a spine, get rid of Rudkin, look around at the clubs doing better than us and learn from them.

All we have to do this year is survive at all costs and next season we'll be nearly entirely shot of our devastating FFP losses in a three year window, our amortisation will mostly be cleared up, our wage bill will be miniscule and we'll be set to do a West Ham and buy a squad again from scratch. 

The future doesn't have to be bleak but Top has got to snap, finally realise he can't keep letting Rudkin flounder around and that the club needs consistent direction between managers. Or he steps back from running the club and finds an experienced chairman to rebuild. 

Either way, I know people have no faith in any of that happening but I think a 39 year old CEO growing in to the role and becoming a better owner has more chance of happening than this miracle unicorn coming and buying LCFC. 

Stop talking sense man, you have the dogs set on you.

1 hour ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

It's got to be Qatar for me. That Hisense / Alipay at the arse end of 2022 really did a number on me, consider me sports washed.

Qatar 100%

We as fans need to push this into existence. United fans tried to and were close, but they got Jim Ratcliffe instead lol

Edited by BrilliantFox

4 minutes ago, BrilliantFox said:

Qatar 100%

We as fans need to push this into existence. United fans tried to and were close, but they got Jim Ratcliffe instead lol

Knowing our luck, we wouldn't even end up with that calibre of English businessman. We'll probably end up with the ghost of Clive Sinclair being channeled through a Ouija board by Rudkin.

_101873519_047229298-1.jpg

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Stadt said:

They were to pay for working capital mostly, mostly because of the massive wage budget that snowballed, you could call a huge wage bill investment but it wasn't very deliberate as we regularly had 30+ senior players contracted. We've basically had one season of significant net spend in 21/22 at roughly £60m. Maybe it's semantics but investment to me is a clear, demarcated cash to spend on a specific end rather than just being engulfed in a massive wage bill.

There would seem to be a semantic argument. I would say that the way our model was set up was to buy young players to then sell on at a profit to, along with tv and matchday money, fund the wage bill.

Clearly, for that to work, we needed to pay big wages to secure contracts long enough to not end up with a Tielemans situation. Unfortunately our success identifying talented players dried up, that's not on Top though. The PSR problems are a matter of losses made and they've only come out of one person's pocket.

Well John Textor is looking for a Premier League / Championship club to become a majority stakeholder in.

He has a share in a host of clubs through ‘Eagle Football Holdings Limited’, including Lyon, Botafogo and a 45% stake in Crystal Palace - and is reportedly looking at Everton.

He would have to offload his Crystal Palace stake before getting involved with another English club - but is this the sort of guy you want taking over?