Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Allenho11

Worst season in the clubs history incoming.

2 hours ago, Cropwellfox said:

Completely outdone all ends up by Ipswich in the market. Well done to them, meanwhile we are beyond parody. Absolute disgrace, appalling mismanagement just goes on and on and on. 

Its almost like Ipswich don't have PSR hanging over them and can spend all they want this year in the hope of staying up.

Feels worse than 1994 when we really struggled after going up but we had key injuries then. 

It's difficult not to foresee a bleak season - If anyone thinks differently it'd be great to hear but I can't see where our goals are coming from and we look to give other teams so much time and space 

• Like 1

We don’t help ourselves.

Lots of speculation but fail to bring in enough (any) real quality to improve the first XI.

Fan morale drop like a stone

Team starts poorly and crowd turns

only way that changes is if Cooper organises the group and we find an identity and some form out of nowhere.

• Like 2

I think we can all acknowledge that pre season looks like a disaster. 

Shrewsbury 1-2 Leicester
Leicester 0-1 Palermo
FC Augsburg 1-0 Leicester
Lens 3-0 Leicester

We haven’t signed anyone and the team is worse than the one that went down and got promoted. We’ve Lost out best player, head coach and to a degree identity of how we will play. We haven’t even re-invested the money from KDH (yet).

We’ve signed a centre back, that I’m

not sure we needed personally. 

Cooper doesn’t seem to want to play Ricardo, who in my opinion is our best player. No Idea what’s occurring with that one. 

Financially PSR has put us in a challenging situation.

We are a Hermansen injury away from witnessing Danny Ward in goal again.

We are potentially looking at a midfield that has as much creativity as a plank of wood. 

We’ve not scored in three of our four pre season games. in fact, we looked awful again Lens altogether with only one shot on target. One shot on target against Ausburg. Although we did manage to get four shots on target against Palermo.

All in all, I can see why lots of us have a pessimistic outlook for this season. 

I’m no fan of Cooper and how the last 7 or 8 weeks have gone. I’ve decided against going on Monday due to work related stuff, so I’ll watch it on Sky. I expect us to lose and Son to score at least two! 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Wymsey said:

Exactly.

All of this negativity is getting tiresome.

Just back the team, whoever plays etc.

are you aware you can back the team whilst highlighting the failures of the management of the club? I've been to the first 2 friendlies and supported the team no matter what, as per usual. that doesn't alter the fact we were shite and i wasted my time and money 

edit - and i'll still do more games than 99% of people on here moaning

Edited by guest123
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, Allenho11 said:

I think we get stuffed on Monday and unfortunately it becomes clear very quickly we haven’t got enough to compete.

This could be the season where the ownership leaves and we exit the league with a record low points total.

Play the academy lads and give them a chance. Alves, Cannon, Nelson, Baybrooke. Get them in and ready for next year. 

You’re young aren’t you?

Chatting with my Forest mate this week, it really hit home how screwed we are with Cooper too. Says he always played best players out of position & midfield was just basically another line of defence, then i remembered we started Ndidi, Choudhary & Winks in the final game of pre season 😭

The least the club could have done this preseason is buy in some promising young players on perm deals, sack of any thoughts of staying up but sprinkle the team with hungry & borderline PL breakout season players, but no. As far as I can see we are the only nailed on relegated teams but unlike last time, we won’t be back to the PL for a very long time

• Like 1

The writing is on the wall unfortunately.

anyone who thinks otherwise is being guided by blind optimism. 

There’s absolutely nothing to suggest we’re going to be anything other than a shambles. 

Manager is clueless… board are clueless….. players look lost. 

In short, we are royally ****ed. 

• Like 1

It's a bit grim if you ask me with a crap preseason behind us, just by signing two decent attacking players would be a massive lift for everyone but I'm not sure this is going to happen anytime soon. Come on Top get your hands in your pocket and give us all a massive lift before a ball is kicked

25 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Genuinely feel so disconnected from the club. 

Said to my partner the other day I'm honestly considering sacking Leicester off doing England games and the odd non league here and there. 

Hopefully that mindset will pass but that's me right now. Sounds like it's not just me though and multiple others. How on earth have we got to this situation. 

With you on that one. I feel the same….

• Like 2