Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Allenho11

Worst season in the clubs history incoming.

6 hours ago, FoxOfMelton said:

I genuinely think we could potentially break Derby's record. Everything is so utterly bleak at the minute.

How many games did Derby win during that season?

We only need to win more than they did and they will still have the record lowest points.

See, I'm being positive. :thumbup:

A shame that a club of our size is being written off like this before we start and it is nowhere near an outlandish claim. I think we accept we could be in a battle but with as good a chance as any of surviving.

This is dreadful.

• Like 1

When I saw the thread title, I thought it waa a bit of hyperbole. 

However, looking at where we stand:

We have the points deduction hanging over us.

We lost our best player and manager from last season

We have a crap injury list with 1 fit striker (who it seems the manager isn't keen on).

We were fairly atrocious in pre-season, not showing much as an attacking force.  Or a midfield force or defensive force for that matter.

Whatever style of play Cooper will adopt, it looks and feels different to last season, it isn't Enzoball, but it isn't Gerritforward, either.  

We've spent a bit, but on players who need to prove themselves as being improvements on what we had before.

Other clubs are spending far more.  It's widely known that our financial position won't allow us to buy big.  

When West Ham, Fulham, Brighton and Ipswich have brought in eyecatching players that look like good signings, we are going to have to paddle really hard to compete.

Instead, we've given expensive contract extensions to players who might not cut it at this level.

It doesn't look like the new manager is all that bothered about giving our Academy products a chance.  

There is disgruntlement among the fanbase about the way the club is run, and rumours of trouble in the upper management of the club. 

The GOAT is ageing.  He might come back and dazzle, but it isn't nailed on.

Have I missed anything?

So yeah, it aint looking great.  :nono:

At best, we are back to being plucky underdogs who will need to learn to relish any good times, because it doesn't look like there are going to be that many good times.  

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

I did say we are rudderless, KDH sale was a reaction panic decision like most are now days from the trio.

Squad looks to have massive issues, it would be one of the most miracle seasons if cooper pulls it off.

not being rudderless is about 90% of the issue 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, georgelcfc34 said:

Some serious overreactions around.

Our squad is a premier league squad already. It never should have got relegated and it was way too good for the championship. We are a bit light in attack currently but that will get sorted out by the end of the month.

i think most of the negativity is because of the impending points deduction and the poor pre season.

You will all be in for a shock Monday evening. We will be quality on the counter with mavididi and fatawu, while winks has a serious point to prove. I fancy us for a 2-2 draw

I like to have a drink after work too.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, westernpark said:

I like to have a drink after work too.

So what part of the squad is so bad in your opinion? Ndidi and winks in the middle of the park is mid table quality. Fatawu and mavididi? What’s so bad about them? The goat upfront? Decordova reid who was a mainstay in a quality Fulham team.

International defenders galore?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, georgelcfc34 said:

So what part of the squad is so bad in your opinion? Ndidi and winks in the middle of the park is mid table quality. Fatawu and mavididi? What’s so bad about them? The goat upfront? Decordova reid who was a mainstay in a quality Fulham team.

Put it like this, I’d only be confident in Hermansen, Ricardo and Winks to perform to the levels needed to keep us up. 

1 hour ago, KP Fox said:

Worst Season ever? I guess whoever created this thread wasn't a fan in 2002 or 2008.

This 

were in the Premier , not in administration and not in league 1. 
I can remember worse times. 

• Like 1

I have been supporting this club since 1962 & I've seen many "worst season in clubs history" years. We got over them & we'll get over this one. This may be the whiniest season in our history though !!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, georgelcfc34 said:

Wout Faes the same international defender ripped open by so many quality Championship sides last season, Millwall, Borough, QPR! Also a bomscare last relegation, he is an atrocious player and should be benched. 

• Like 1

Our squad is a premier league squad already. It never should have got relegated and it was way too good for the championship. We are a bit light in attack currently but that will get sorted out by the end of the month.

i think most of the negativity is because of the impending points deduction and the poor pre season.

You will all be in for a shock Monday evening. We will be quality on the counter with mavididi and fatawu, while winks has a serious point to prove. I fancy us for a 2-2 draw

Don’t kid yourself…

We can’t defend

We have zero creativity 

We can’t score goals 

We have a manager whose task is a bit like herding cats. 

in short, we’re screwed and Derby’s record is in serious threat. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

All good points but I think the pessimism is based around how ill prepared we look so far. Now saying that if cooper gets it all together come Monday and by that I mean we look half decent and competitive we may still lose but it’s not a drubbing than we  have some room for optimism after all. Let’s wait and see but I like many others feel really really nervous. That negative energy will permeate around the ground too which the players will Definately sense.

It's deja vu. Still scarred from our last Premier League pre-season. Most fans could see what was happening as the club and players arrogantly slept walked to relegation. Has nothing been learned? It's happening again. Wake the fook up. I've paid a lot of money for a season ticket and deserve better.

• Like 1

The only good thing from this weekend is that our 1st game is not until Monday. Hope the players are watching and getting ready for what to expect. Championship honeymoon is over!

I don’t think the deals we have done have been that bad - we just haven’t done enough.

BDR, Golding, Buonanotte, Okoli - sensible if not exciting.  

signing Abdul - great news

contract for Alvez - great news

contracts for Vardy, Vesty and Wilf - all quite understandable.  2 years might have been preferable 

Yes we’ve lost KDH but as soon as Chelsea bid that was going to happen.

If Zaha and one of the strikers had come off, it’d be close to a good window so fine lines.

• Like 1