Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Allenho11

Worst season in the clubs history incoming.

11 minutes ago, nettle said:

It's a bit grim if you ask me with a crap preseason behind us, just by signing two decent attacking players would be a massive lift for everyone but I'm not sure this is going to happen anytime soon. Come on Top get your hands in your pocket and give us all a massive lift before a ball is kicked

The problem is any talent knows we are a basket case and will also be told by their agents not to come here.

Even if there was any desire to invest - which l don't believe there is - we will only attract mediocre (at best) players.

Lets not kid ourselves here, we are going down and going down badly, accept that and anything better is a bonus.

Support the lads wearing the shirt but call out the Donkeys running (destroying?) the club.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Sly said:

I think we can all acknowledge that pre season looks like a disaster. 
Villarreal 1-2 Leicester

Shrewsbury 1-2 Leicester
Leicester 0-1 Palermo
FC Augsburg 1-0 Leicester
Lens 3-0 Leicester

We haven’t signed anyone and the team is worse than the one that went down and got promoted. We’ve Lost out best player, head coach and to a degree identity of how we will play. We haven’t even re-invested the money from KDH (yet).

We’ve signed a centre back, that I’m

not sure we needed personally. 

Cooper doesn’t seem to want to play Ricardo, who in my opinion is our best player. No Idea what’s occurring with that one. 

Financially PSR has put us in a challenging situation.

We are a Hermansen injury away from witnessing Danny Ward in goal again.

We are potentially looking at a midfield that has as much creativity as a plank of wood. 

We’ve not scored in three of our four pre season games. in fact, we looked awful again Lens altogether with only one shot on target. One shot on target against Ausburg. Although we did manage to get four shots on target against Palermo.

All in all, I can see why lots of us have a pessimistic outlook for this season. 

I’m no fan of Cooper and how the last 7 or 8 weeks have gone. I’ve decided against going on Monday due to work related stuff, so I’ll watch it on Sky. I expect us to lose and Son to score at least two! 

fixed it for you, you missed the villarreal game:ph34r:

• Haha 1

This is not our worst, we have financial backing even if we can’t use it. We are a premier league side until at least May

We’ve had Administration years, League 1 years. 

The worst we can do this season would end with Championship football & writing Derby out of the history books, but alas I think the bottom half of the premier is poor enough that their record is here to stay, 

People keep mentioning the League 1 years, the relegation the year before was probably one of the lowest points (in my life) as a Leicester supporter but the League 1 season itself was brilliant. Proper fans, games, real grounds and we were the best team in the league. Was one of the best seasons in my life as a fan, regardless of it being in the 3rd tier.

This season, we've been promoted as Champions and are back in the the PL but there is just little to no connection left with the club at all. I've never been this disconnected like many others have said. I was able to get on and look at tickets for Monday's game and the cheapest seat I could find was £55 - absolutely no chance am I paying that. Looks like Tranmere and any other potential home cup games will be it for me this season, unless they somehow manage to f*** up the pricing for those games as well.

Edited by lcfc278
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Looking at it now, yes, we are in for a miserable season. But players will move in the last week of the window so there will be opportunities to do some good deals you'd think.

This season was always going to come down to our Summer recruitment - It's been very poor so far but as I said, there's still time. I was very disappointed with the Vestergaard and Ndidi contract extensions, but I guess we'll need them as it stands now.

Worst season in the clubs history though? Just recency bias. Even in my lifetime, those few seasons before the relegation to League 1 will take some beating. There was literally nothing positive about the club back then! lol

Edited by James_lcfc
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

I am

Me to.  I cannot understand how people spend money for Sts etc and not be up for it.  Its going to be a fight.  We know that.  Can you imagine the players with the same mentality of the fans filled with doom and gloom.  If I was a manager I would not be playing lads with that mentality.  I wish I could stop the fans going to the matches with similar mentality.  The team need us. They need positivity and desire and noise coming from US, the fans.  You can't afford to be fickle if you follow our club.  You cannot change what is happening behind the scenes.  But you can be a loud proud supporter.  It is far better for you mentally. We know our atmosphere needs improving.  To do that you have to be positive.  No-one knows how the season will pan out.  That is the beauty of football.  Ride the rollercoaster with gusto, or don't get on it.  

• Thanks 1

I think this season will mark in history as the season our “era” was officially over.  I think this year we have the absolute opposite of the title winning season where we embarrass ourselves and finish bottom on a horrific points total and we vanish into the lower tiers for the foreseeable future.  

But it was a fun ride right?

• Like 1

It will be a successful season in my eyes if we get to a point where the vast majority of the fan base turn on the club and the ownership. Won't happen though. They'll get applauded for a record low points total. 

Edited by Ian Nacho
  • Like 1

2004-2008 was the worse period for the club and the relegation to the third tier, for the first ever time, confirmed that.

We've finished bottom of the top division before. Nothing new if we do it again.

Talk of this being the worst season is hyperbole. I live in the north west and have seen Macclesfield and Bury physically close, as well as the absolute catastrophe that is Oldham's ownership.

That said, I do feel that this will be our last season of top flight football for a while and it will not be a pretty one. Coupled with the club management taking a real left turn over the last few years and it really turns me off. 

The price rises, the sponsorship, the lack of fan engagement - feels like we've turned the corner into Everton territory. 

• Sad 1

I think "worst in the club's history" is classic knee-jerk internet hyberbole, but the other side of this coin is frightening.

There are people in this thread, on this forum, and on social media just "ready for the football," excited to get back to the KP, "go and support Man City blah blah" etc. It's absolute nonsense. Nonsense. 

At the rate we're going we could be set for a long, hard slog of a season. The kind of season where we lose 4-0 to Man City at home, glum 0-2 defeats to Crystal Palace. You know, the kind of result that gets people booing and whining their arses off when the excitement of the new season has well and truly worn off (and let's be honest, it doesn't take much for our fans to do that.)

The "hands over eyes I'm just here for the football" attitude is ridiculous. We have missed out on multiple transfer targets, have a points deduction hanging over our shoulders, have an average manager and had an insipid pre-season where we've shown we clearly need to bolster the squad.

It's not about being doom monger. You know, we might surprise everyone and finish 15th, and it'll give all the happy clappers the ammunition to sit on their throne of superiority. But lordy, come on now. We are being mismanaged from the top, have a severely weak squad for the level we're about to compete at, feel rudderless and without any kind of long term vision.

People are worried, they have a right to be worried. They might get carried away with the language used on how the season will go, but there has been nothing since we got promoted that gives any indication we'll perform at this level.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gravel said:

If you want unbridled success then bugger off and support Man City, Real Madrid or one of those clubs.

Not one person here has said they want that. 

I find it incredible that people still can't separate things. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Cjt1976 said:

No way this could ever be close to the worst people have short memories of the really bad times Taylor, Levein, Hollowhead 

Add to that, McLintock, Hamilton, Pleat. 

Could we possibly have yet another thread bemoaning our future prospects, manager, pre-season performance, lack of transfer activity, the board, the chairman/ownership, the players, ticket prices, the stadium, financial management, catering, desertion of the club, deflation and the impending prospect of the worst points tally in Premier League history - only, the forum seems oddly very quiet and reserved on these topics. 

I see some of the pundits are weirdly optimistic for us.

Chris Sutton thinks we will be well organised under Cooper and we are the best equiped of the promoted clubs to be stay up.

Already reminding me of the misguided and blind loyalty many 'experts' had for us when we were spiralling out of control under Rodgers.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Gravel said:

Fookin ell. What with the moaning about kits and "Worst Season..." thread all positivity seems lost on here.

If you want unbridled success then bugger off and support Man City, Real Madrid or one of those clubs.

Neck some happy pills and get your head's out of the oven everybody. 

It's just a ride.

Couldn't agree more.

There are improvements to be made (and should have been made at the start of the window), but our squad is nowhere near as bad as is being made out.

• Like 1