Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Allenho11

Worst season in the clubs history incoming.

1 hour ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

I see some of the pundits are weirdly optimistic for us.

Chris Sutton thinks we will be well organised under Cooper and we are the best equiped of the promoted clubs to be stay up.

Already reminding me of the misguided and blind loyalty many 'experts' had for us when we were spiralling out of control under Rodgers.

Lol.. Oh dear, a vote of confidence from Chris Sutton?

R.jpg

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Nolucklcfc said:

I can’t remember a more negative feeling amongst a fanbase before a season. 

I remember 2012/2013 being pretty negative. Can’t remember us signing anyone and if I recall we went down away at Boro first half of the first game. It all went quite well from that half time though.

• Like 1

Taylors season was desperate and this reminds me of that - I think we got beat 5 nil at home to Bolton and the proceeded to get relegated - he was a complete gimp and has all the signs of being a repeat sadly.

3 minutes ago, ashbyj said:

All our recent success achieved was from the foundations built by Pearson, Walsh and Shakespeare, they should be the ones remembered with statues, king power’s contributions were minimal.

Apart from fact that they saved us financially as mandaric had had enough - bought all the players and provided the platform for NFP and team I agree!! Sometimes ….

3 hours ago, LeePhilpottsBaldSpot said:

Couldn't agree more.

There are improvements to be made (and should have been made at the start of the window), but our squad is nowhere near as bad as is being made out.

It might not be 'bad' but it's miles from the quality needed to survive in the Premier League.

Mads, Ricardo, Winks, Buonanotte, Fatawu & Ndidi are the only players I think would stand a chance of getting into another Premier League starting 11 and even then, bottom half teams at best.

Even Ndidi I'm basing off of a prime Ndidi, the current Ndidi wouldn't get touched by other Premier League teams. Mavididi far too inconsistant but good on his day.

I dunno, I just think that as a starting 11, in a division where you need everyone to be at their best, we are no where near what's to be required.

17 hours ago, Wymsey said:

Exactly.

All of this negativity is getting tiresome.

Just back the team, whoever plays etc.

It was always going to be a tough ask but nobody really knows how this season is going to pan out despite the signs all pointing towards it being disastrous. Last time we were relegation faves we won the Prem., lol! I'm not suggesting anything of the sort will happen this season of course but 17th would be great! 

Edited by Guy

18 minutes ago, ashbyj said:

All our recent success achieved was from the foundations built by Pearson, Walsh and Shakespeare, they should be the ones remembered with statues, king power’s contributions were minimal.

Puel most recent*. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

Mads, Ricardo, Winks, Buonanotte, Fatawu & Ndidi are the only players I think would stand a chance of getting into another Premier League starting 11 and even then, bottom half teams at best.

I think Justin is good enough, and I'm pretty confident Mavididi can make the step up.  Decordova was a regular starter in the Prem last season - getting on a bit, but he can add value.  

I have huge concerns over Wout Faes, but he does start for Belgium so I'm sure he'd get in some Prem teams. He's the sort of defender who could be very good if he had the right partner. No idea about if Okoli is that partner!

Definitely concerned about the squad depth and strikers, but I think we can compete with at least 6 or 7 teams over the course of a season.  Maybe I'm naive, but I'd rather be that than as miserable as some of the posters on this forum!

1 hour ago, Trumpet said:

I remember 2012/2013 being pretty negative. Can’t remember us signing anyone and if I recall we went down away at Boro first half of the first game. It all went quite well from that half time though.

Nah this is different level to that. People haven’t forgiven the relationship 

Look back in 2020 West Ham fans were fuming after doing nothing all summer and selling Diangra to West Brom… even Mark Noble kicked off. But then Moyes led them to europe. It just goes to show you never know what can happen and behind the scenes a team can be doing everything right.

This is nothing like that, we’re breaking Derby’s record! 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Haha 2