Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Allenho11

Worst season in the clubs history incoming.

1 minute ago, Saxondale said:

People talking about losing love for the club and not bothering anymore, just frig off and support Man City.

- This...

2 minutes ago, Saxondale said:

Bit part of me thinks a lot of fans want us to fail just to be able to say “see, I told you we were shit”

...and this. See it in every match day thread - and it's largely the same people. If we do win, they are suddenly nowhere to be seen. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 16/08/2024 at 07:36, Ashley said:

Genuinely feel so disconnected from the club. 

Said to my partner the other day I'm honestly considering sacking Leicester off doing England games and the odd non league here and there. 

Hopefully that mindset will pass but that's me right now. Sounds like it's not just me though and multiple others. How on earth have we got to this situation. 

Yep. Going for a few beers with mates I wouldn't see otherwise is the only thing making me renew these days.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LCFCJohn said:

I’m surprised how many people seem to be missing the point of the OP by quoting for example, 2008.

I clearly read this as worst season as a stand alone car crash and not in the context of the fact it is still the top flight.

Lets say for example, we did break or come close to Derby’s record, losing by 4-0/5-0 or more every week and who knows, maybe ship double figures in a game. As a stand alone season, that would be worse than the season we were relegated to league 1 as we were still competitive and only narrowly relegated. 

Obviously if you’re referring to low point, then yes 2008 all day. As others have said, we have finished bottom of this league before, but I understand the concern that with the leadership of the club, we could do it in an unprecedented, embarrassing (in the context of this club) style.

I think it’s contextual. We’re a completely different beast to the club we supported then, we may as well be a different organisation all together. 

I think what motivates this unwavering fear of failure in us, is the fact the position we are in, is plain and simply down to negligence at board level, it’s not like we’re a small club with no resources, we should be a comfortable top 10-8 team with the resources we have, but those resources have been mismanaged, neglected and poorly invested and it’s led to where we are now. 

I think when you take all of this into consideration, this is why people feel it could be the worst season we’ve ever had. Simply because of the great height we’ve fallen from. 

2008 in terms of league standing is absolutely a low point for the club, but we were a fairly modest organisation then, we’re not anymore, we’re poorly ran, and there’s a genuine chance we could lose every game, and get relegation with the worst stats ever produced in premier league history. 

• Like 1

To me, the worst seasons were when Little walked, the relegation season when tater peeler left the team a shambles  and we went into admin and the season we finally nosedived to div.3.

Have to see where this coming calamity will rank amongst that lot.

Don't know if anyone watched the Man U game last night, but for me the the Prem is improving every year. Fulham were brilliant, great movement, pressing, fast paced, I do wonder what the hell we're going to do as we're going to be out manoeuvred all over the park.

We have to have a siege mentality, it can work, but you have to have the right players for that and I'm not convinced we have the right manpower.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, marcymarc666 said:

Don't know if anyone watched the Man U game last night, but for me the the Prem is improving every year. Fulham were brilliant, great movement, pressing, fast paced, I do wonder what the hell we're going to do as we're going to be out manoeuvred all over the park.

We have to have a siege mentality, it can work, but you have to have the right players for that and I'm not convinced we have the right manpower.

I think @ClaphamFox has nailed it. Cooper has likely been asked to play like Man City….. Enzo said “I can’t do that because you’re shit, but I can play my way which is similar”…. Cooper seems to have agreed to do it, but deep down he knows that he can’t with the current crop of players he has. Which is why he has been playing players out of positions, one to prove a point to the board, that if they want us to play in this way then they need to invest. 

Id like to think Cooper values his job more than that though, and come Monday night if he knows they can’t play in this manner he sets us up to be more robust. Unlike the championship, Rotherham probably hasn’t got the tools to undo you, but in the premier league, you play with feathers, you’ll get your arse tickled….. we will be lambs to slaughter, and Cooper know that. It’s just if he still wants to prove a point by letting us get embarrassed by spurs, or he sets the team up how he sees fit.

I fear the club have eventually gone for Cooper because 1: naturally something happened when attempting to appoint Potter and 2: he’s agreed to everything they want. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Pliskin said:

I think @ClaphamFox has nailed it. Cooper has likely been asked to play like Man City….. Enzo said “I can’t do that because you’re shit, but I can play my way which is similar”…. Cooper seems to have agreed to do it, but deep down he knows that he can’t with the current crop of players he has. Which is why he has been playing players out of positions, one to prove a point to the board, that if they want us to play in this way then they need to invest. 

Id like to think Cooper values his job more than that though, and come Monday night if he knows they can’t play in this manner he sets us up to be more robust. Unlike the championship, Rotherham probably hasn’t got the tools to undo you, but in the premier league, you play with feathers, you’ll get your arse tickled….. we will be lambs to slaughter, and Cooper know that. It’s just if he still wants to prove a point by letting us get embarrassed by spurs, or he sets the team up how he sees fit.

I fear the club have eventually gone for Cooper because 1: naturally something happened when attempting to appoint Potter and 2: he’s agreed to everything they want. 

I get the impression Cooper feels he's lucky to be here. I'm sure we'll prove him wrong 

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

Wasn't this Rodgers tactic, also? 

Look where that got us.

1 hour ago, Tommy G said:

There are a group of posters on here who are constantly negative - whether it be managers, ownership, standing, clappers, concourse food, stewards, Jim at the ticket office, ticket cards etc. 

Whilst I’m not daft enough to realise there are clearly some big issues behind the scenes, we aren’t competitive in the transfer market and we are facing a points deduction - there is no other option really but to get behind the team, if we double down on the negativity then we are screwed. 

The majority of the stuff discussed is out of our control, as it is in other clubs up and down the country - it feels at the minute we are the worst run football club in world football if you read this forum - if everyone can spare 90 mins every week to get behind the team then I’m sure the players and manager would appreciate it - we might not be able to compete with most of the teams in this league but we can be as good or better in terms of effort and spirit - we by no means had the best team on paper when we won the league in 2016 but the team, fans and manager got it over the line. 

There will be people that thrive on negativity, not just when it comes to football but life in general - it must be some type of coping mechanism, I don’t understand it. Get behind the lads.

A quick glance around your past posts barely shows you as a hive of positivity but don't let that get in the way of a few 'thumbs up' votes.

• Haha 2

I think it’s fair to say with a degree of confidence, bar a miracle we’re going down. 

So, rather than appease Top and his mates lunacy, Cooper needs to grow a pair and look to building a young exiting team and look at the academy players. 

It’s looking likely that we will get relegated, so if much prefer we blood young players in and at least go down trying to build something. Get the likes of Alves, Nelson, Braybrook and Golding into the team. Look to try and pick up a few young talented players who need development. We can’t go back down with a battered squad of average players on massive wages, because it will then mean years of slumming it out in the championship. 

There’s a reason why teams like Bournemouth, Brighton, Fulham and Brentford are starting to show signs of stability, there’s a plan, they all appear to have different plans, but long term plans and vision. I’ll even include Southampton in that too, they went down and invested in young players and are now back up, but I would say players wise they’re in better shape than us. 

There just doesn’t seem to be a plan, under Vichai there always seemed to be a long term vision it progressed gradually, and there were sum duds along the way but generally you could see the direction the club wanted to go in. Now, you can’t…..everything appears to be done on a whim, without thought or logic, everything is a reaction to something else rather than proper planning. It seemed like last season we were getting back on track, but Enzo leaving just proves the club still have no long term plan….. I get the impression they thought “Enzo will stay here forever”, but when he left, it was a scattergun approach to try and find a manager, and that’s continued into the transfer market. 

One of two things needs to happen to save this club. 

1. Cooper makes it clear that he will look to build this club from the academy, and try and start to create a young hungry team on the pitch, but receive assurance that he will be given time to do this, even if it means we go down and have to follow in the footsteps of Bournemouth and Fulham to some degree. 

2. We get completely humiliated this season, to the point of getting hammered every week, this forcing Top to asses his leadership team and make the necessary call to rip his board room apart, and start a fresh surround himself with decent football/business people. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

A quick glance around your past posts barely shows you as a hive of positivity but don't let that get in the way of a few 'thumbs up' votes.

And this is why people go on the Forum in the first place. If you want to have a moan, have a moan, if you want to say we're amazing say it ! I'm sure we've all said good and bad about our team, who cares, it's about freedom of speech isn't it !

The other choice is just to read the posts and keep your mouth shut.

Let the whingers whinge, it makes it more interesting !

Whole summer has been a shambles. Bearing in mind we've been prepping for the PL since around November and known KDH was going since January. 

But but, points deduction aside, you could just about make a case for 13 or so existing players to make a fist of it..

It's not.much consolation, but a combined Luton, Burnley and Sheffield Utd 'dream.team'  xi of last season would be still miles off what we can field this season. And that's about as much solace as I can take right now. 

2 hours ago, marcymarc666 said:

PL is improving compared to what? Compared to previous PL years, to Championship, to other European leagues, to Leicester? I watched the game and I saw 2 teams leaving huge gaps everywhere, especially Man Utd had no midfield at all. PL was always fast paced so idk what you mean about improvement. 

Have you watched the Real Madrid vs Atalanta game? Forget about Real Madrid, if Man Utd or Fulham play Atalanta we're talking about 6 or 7 nil humiliation easily. Yes, PL is entertaining but I can't see how any team here apart from Man City, Arsenal and Liverpool can be competitive against teams like Atalanta. 

6 minutes ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

PL is improving compared to what? Compared to previous PL years, to Championship, to other European leagues, to Leicester? I watched the game and I saw 2 teams leaving huge gaps everywhere, especially Man Utd had no midfield at all. PL was always fast paced so idk what you mean about improvement. 

Have you watched the Real Madrid vs Atalanta game? Forget about Real Madrid, if Man Utd or Fulham play Atalanta we're talking about 6 or 7 nil humiliation easily. Yes, PL is entertaining but I can't see how any team here apart from Man City, Arsenal and Liverpool can be competitive against teams like Atalanta. 

I didn't mention Atalanta, I don't give a toss about that league.  Since we won the Prem it has improved, teams press higher, Guardiola has led a transformation in tactics, players are fitter, we play a more expansive game now.

That's why people are panicking on here thinking we're going to be out of our depth and they're correct, hope I'm proved wrong on Monday.

• Haha 1