Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Allenho11

Worst season in the clubs history incoming.

I'm realistic about where we are as a club now. But the summer transfer window has been a complete failure in my eyes. I appreciate the financial constraints, but I expected us to improve the team and we haven't done that enough. Golding, Reid, Okoli and Buoanatte probably make us on a par with last seasons squad. The links we've had to good players haven't materialised. We're just not a well run club. We lived the dream under Khun Vichai, and since he passed it's never been the same. I'm going to watch this season from a far, probably go to as few games as I've ever been, I won't buy the shirt and I generally won't be as interested. I still come on here to read opinions and share thoughts. But I just feel detached from it now. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, adejo92 said:

A quick glance around your past posts barely shows you as a hive of positivity but don't let that get in the way of a few 'thumbs up' votes.

I don’t think anyone is “positive” but then again there’s no need for every single post to be ultra negative is my point

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, marcymarc666 said:

I didn't mention Atalanta, I don't give a toss about that league.  Since we won the Prem it has improved, teams press higher, Guardiola has led a transformation in tactics, players are fitter, we play a more expansive game now.

That's why people are panicking on here thinking we're going to be out of our depth and they're correct, hope I'm proved wrong on Monday.

Fair enough, this was my question. 

I'm also one of the pessimistic ones but I still think we have a range of players who will at least try to keep the pace needed for this league. Luton did it last season at some degree. I might be wrong and we go down with a bang on 12pts but I think we might be able to take advantage of the naivity which comes with this high pressure tactics deployed by the majority of teams. 

3 hours ago, Saxondale said:

Stop being stupid babies. You’ve got to take the rough with the smooth.

People talking about losing love for the club and not bothering anymore, just frig off and support Man City.

Whilst it is true that we’re obviously in for a challenging season - for predictable reasons - the amount of negativity and overreaction is ridiculous.

I’ve got to be honest, over the past few years, the Leicester fan base has become a bit embarrassing. 

It’s fun to take the piss out of Forest fans for being stuck in the 70s and Coventry fans for being idiots, but I’m afraid the Leicester fans have become a bit entitled.

One thing is an absolute certainty: if the Leicester crowd resorts to booing and jeering when we go one nil down to Tottenham, the only way is down. 

Bit part of me thinks a lot of fans want us to fail just to be able to say “see, I told you we were shit”

Great post. It wouldn't surprise me if there are boos when Cooper gets introduced

• Like 3

On 16/08/2024 at 10:04, Lionator said:

This takes me back to the person that posted the James lyrics.

”If I hadn’t seen such riches I could live with being poor”

image.jpeg.afa9d44021efd4b7f2562cea82acac94.jpeg

On 16/08/2024 at 10:34, Gravel said:

Fookin ell. What with the moaning about kits and "Worst Season..." thread all positivity seems lost on here.

If you want unbridled success then bugger off and support Man City, Real Madrid or one of those clubs.

Neck some happy pills and get your head's out of the oven everybody. 

It's just a ride.

The absolute state of this post! lol

3 hours ago, Foxin_Mad said:

We are probably going to win zero games, I honestly can't see who we beat. Very difficult if you don't create or score, and the manger is a pillock who refuses to play a striker up front. 

FYI our two main strikers are injured, and we haven’t even played a game yet! 

Unforgivable to start an EPL season weaker than we finished a Championship season. Simple as that.

The league itself has a lot to answer for keeping us in limbo re the points deduction though. Nothing but spite was keeping them from resolving this in the off season.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Tommy G said:

FYI our two main strikers are injured, and we haven’t even played a game yet! 

But he won't play Cannon he's clearly an idiot if he thinks playing a non striker when a striker available is a good idea. Think goals for will be very scarce, definitely some records smashed this year. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BigGibbo said:

Unforgivable to start an EPL season weaker than we finished a Championship season. Simple as that.

The league itself has a lot to answer for keeping us in limbo re the points deduction though. Nothing but spite was keeping them from resolving this in the off season.

Tbh we have challenged the league which has delayed the decision, really we should be let off like Man Utd we're. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Saxondale said:

Stop being stupid babies. You’ve got to take the rough with the smooth.

People talking about losing love for the club and not bothering anymore, just frig off and support Man City.

Whilst it is true that we’re obviously in for a challenging season - for predictable reasons - the amount of negativity and overreaction is ridiculous.

I’ve got to be honest, over the past few years, the Leicester fan base has become a bit embarrassing. 

It’s fun to take the piss out of Forest fans for being stuck in the 70s and Coventry fans for being idiots, but I’m afraid the Leicester fans have become a bit entitled.

One thing is an absolute certainty: if the Leicester crowd resorts to booing and jeering when we go one nil down to Tottenham, the only way is down. 

Bit part of me thinks a lot of fans want us to fail just to be able to say “see, I told you we were shit”

100% agree with this post. The majority of so called fans on here are so negative, the site is toxic. 

I sit in SK2 and was ashamed of some of the fans around me last season. Even when we were winning the league, the spite and nastiness levied at the players for any mistake was criminal. 

The players aren’t stupid, they know many of our key board warriors are waiting to pounce on their first mistake. Instead of constant criticism, we need to create a supportive environment (we are supporters after all), but no doubt the boos will ring out if we are losing at half time on Monday. 

If we do get relegated, then this will be down to some of our supporters for the toxic environment they have created as well as the board and management. 

• Like 3

Anyone who thinks this will be the worst season in the clubs history obviously hasn't supported the club very long.

You'd be hard pressed to beat 2007/08. Plenty of other dire seasons both before and after that too.

23 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Anyone who thinks this will be the worst season in the clubs history obviously hasn't supported the club very long.

You'd be hard pressed to beat 2007/08. Plenty of other dire seasons both before and after that too.

I dunno dude, maybe if we've got a plus points total by Christmas I'll be happy, then finishing the season on about 10. But it won't be the worse season in history as it's the premier League. So fingers crossed and all that.

Our squad isn't too dissimilar from last year and although we evidently need strengthening, we have a decent amount of PL quality in our squad and with the addition of one or two we'll have a competitive enough first 11. Our squad is the issue and we lack some real strength in depth. A few injuries in key positions and we will struggle. 

1 hour ago, Nick said:

That article is like somebody has read some forum posts on here and then just typed it out.

To be fair, I follow Charlie Carmichael on Twitter and he regularly tweets his frustration with what's going on at LCFC. It does read like a summary of FT frustrations though!