Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Allenho11

Worst season in the clubs history incoming.

I cannot believe that people who didn't enjoy what happened last season, would be negative about what's about to come. I am shocked!

It's tricky. On the one hand, I understand why people didn't necessarily enjoy how we played in winning the league last season, and the disappointment on missing out on Top 4 football (by finishing 5th) a couple of years in a row. On the other hand, when have these people ever enjoyed a season? In say the last 30 years, how many seasons have they actually enjoyed? I am sure some will rank winning league one as a highlight, but for me, given that was the only season in that division in out history, winning it only met expectations didn't it?

I suppose my position is, as a leicester fan, it is very easy to just be unhappy 90% of the time, if you're not careful. And where is the joy in that?

• Like 1

Feels weird to be the relatively positive one (in comparison to others) for once.

I read people saying they've never felt more detached and disillusioned with the club than what they are currently, off field I share those sentiments, but I'm pretty sure they're talking on field too.

As far as I'm concerned it can't get much worse than 21/22 and 22/23, I really was at my wits end with on field stuff, I genuinely was ready to turn my back on it all and I did during the 2nd half of 21/22, I refused to go to games, I tried to come back with an open mind at the start of 22/23 but well, the writing was on the wall along time before despite people being shocked about what ensued. That was when I was at my most detached and disillusioned.

Its all about expectations and this what got me when people were throwing the 'entitled' tag out, I expected far better with how were were playing in 21/22 and 22/23, it was turgid, disgusting and it was clearing going to end one way but the club (and clearly a large majority of fans alike) were asleep at the wheel.

Now, we find ourselves where we are, it's stating the bleeding obvious we're going to struggle, but the damage was being done 3 years prior to now and it was allowed to happen (its still is by who still being employed by the club).

Expectations need tempering and people need to realise where we are. Now, we are truly seeing who are entitled.

A couple of people who continually laugh at my posts but will never actually engage in conversation or debate laughed at one of my predictions back then that what was being allowed to happen would be as damaging as what happened under Peter Taylor, I stand by that comment as we learn more as things come to light. 

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Webbo said:

We have countless moaning threads on here like this but somebody starts a positive thread and it's removed before it's 1 page long?

I haven’t been registered on the site long, but it appears there isn’t free speech on here. If the mods don’t agree with what you say - it gets deleted

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

The Cooper out thread got removed too, what's your point? 

It's not like there's a shortage of whinging on here. Would 1 positive thread really be that bad?

• Like 2

On 15/08/2024 at 23:30, Dan LCFC said:

I hope it's bad enough to force a proper turn on these ****ing *****.

For a few years now I’ve been having the same conversation with my Wednesday mate where we’ve both agreed that relegation could be catastrophic, but staying up due to a manager pulling off a masterclass is often just as bad, because it allows the owner/board to justify their previous actions. 

Wednesday have been doing it for years, now Danny Röhl looks to be papering over the cracks caused by the owner. 

We are in the exact same position. 
If cooper proves us wrong and pulls off a masterclass, the board will have an argument to justify staying on, and Top is too weak to sack any of them. 

We are effectively in a Lose-Lose situation. Even if we stay up we are just another season closer to the board taking us down.

2 hours ago, Strokes said:

If we are going to be shit, I hope we stink the place out. Red cards every game and zero points.

This. I think it has to be so bad that there’s no argument for Rudkin etc staying on. Sadly they will just point at the amount we’ve spent and Top will accept that. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cityfanlee23 said:

For a few years now I’ve been having the same conversation with my Wednesday mate where we’ve both agreed that relegation could be catastrophic, but staying up due to a manager pulling off a masterclass is often just as bad, because it allows the owner/board to justify their previous actions. 

Wednesday have been doing it for years, now Danny Röhl looks to be papering over the cracks caused by the owner. 

We are in the exact same position. 
If cooper proves us wrong and pulls off a masterclass, the board will have an argument to justify staying on, and Top is too weak to sack any of them. 

We are effectively in a Lose-Lose situation. Even if we stay up we are just another season closer to the board taking us down.

It will be one of our greatest seasons ever if we stay up. Couldn’t care less about the season after that at the moment. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, gazzaa2 said:

It's a bit like 02/03 when we knew we didn't have enough to compete but needed the financial boost of promotion.

We'd have been in a worst state if we stayed down.

I thought Leicester were down before a ball was kicked that Sir Les season.Yet they very nearly stayed up.That team had goals in it.With one or two clever signings I would think this current team have more chance of survival.

Let's not get delusional - we have had many very bad seasons but at least for this one our expectations are very low. The reality is even without a points deduction we are unlikely to stay up but let's try and enjoy it as much as possible as we regroup. We should use this season as a chance to get a squad capable of getting promoted again with our inevitable return to the Championship. The one thing I hope for is that the person who is mostly responsible for this (Jon Rudkin) is held accountable and moves on for someone who knows what they are doing to come in and get us back on track            

14 hours ago, Claridge said:

It will be one of our greatest seasons ever if we stay up. Couldn’t care less about the season after that at the moment. 

And I’m fully on board with that, but this is the cycle. We stay up, we continue with Rudkin and pray the manager can pull off another world class performance every week. Over time we continue to make poor financial decisions and it catches up with us and we are back to square 1, relegated with a massive financial cloud over us. 

I hope we stay up, we can’t really afford not to. 

15 hours ago, Claridge said:

This is so important, IF we manage to survive, we could build and really push on to get to where we were, if we get relegated, I fear for the worst, a repeat of the league 1 drop levels. Our management team have royally f'ed up with the PSR stuff, plus the lack of real cutting edge. From the Albrighton Fozcast, he believed the new training ground and the fact that it was like a spa really made our players lose that drive, it was basically like going to a spa everyday. I hope that they cut out all that stuff for this season and really give the players a kick up the arse!

I know Spurs could still do us here in injury time but we've gone toe to toe with one of the so called 'big' teams and could just have easily won it as lost it.

Early days of course but perhaps the pessimism in here was a tad overly dramatic?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, DennisNedry said:

I know Spurs could still do us here in injury time but we've gone toe to toe with one of the so called 'big' teams and could just have easily won it as lost it.

Early days of course but perhaps the pessimism in here was a tad overly dramatic?

Of course it was over dramatic. People were talking about Spurs as if we were playing an actual top team. That’s what annoyed me. That’s why I was positive and said we would get a result, if there was any “big” club I wanted to play first it was Spurs.