Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Long Eaton Fox

The Wrong Targets

3 minutes ago, Lineker's Left Foot said:

Ryan Fraser, Matt Targett, Chris Wood should be probably who we’re looking at in the sense that they would accept a deal with us- not to say I’m a fan but it maybe the type of player we need or would say yes

Ryan Fraser? 😂. The other two would do a job

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Hlozek was the right target until an unfortunate series of events. Hoffenheim lost a player to injury at the same time as they got a lump sum windfall from Rutter. 

I complety agree but would argue that by the time their player got injured and Rutter got sold he should have already been a Leicester player. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Long Eaton Fox said:

We seem to be targeting the wrong players. Soule, Zaha, Hlozek and Ioannidis. There is no way any of them would want to join a club in our predicament. They play for or are joining Champions league or Europa league teams.

We need to be realistic about where we are at the moment. In the past targeting lower leagues has paid off for is. We need to revert to that again. Chair, Hamer and Adebayo are examples, although not young, they would improve the team whichever division we're in. They would be affordable both in transfer fee and salary. I thought Chair was impressive at Leicester last season and both Hamer and Adebayo performed well in the premier league.

We need to stop window shopping in Harrods and get some bargains from Aldi or Lidl.

Are we targeting these players thinking they will actually sign, or are we doing it to appease fans/Cooper so at the end of the window they can shrug their shoulders and say they tried.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Hlozek was the right target until an unfortunate series of events. Hoffenheim lost a player to injury at the same time as they got a lump sum windfall from Rutter. 

No he wasn't, the Hlozek guy wasn't even interested in joining us like Soule. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Tuna said:

We should be looking in the championship, lots of decent players there but we are obsessed with going abroad.

Aslong as a player is good enough I don't think where they're being signed from is particularly important 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Lineker's Left Foot said:

Ryan Fraser, Matt Targett, Chris Wood should be probably who we’re looking at in the sense that they would accept a deal with us- not to say I’m a fan but it maybe the type of player we need or would say yes

Nope. This'd be like 03/04 all over again. We going down anyways so play the yoof innit 

Do we even speak to targets to obtain interest?

we’ve been bidding on players who seemingly have no interest in joining. 

There is people on this forum I would trust 10 x over with a transfer budget and strategy than our current board, owner and DOF. 

19 minutes ago, Lineker's Left Foot said:

Why would Wood leave Forest for us?

8 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

Aslong as a player is good enough I don't think where they're being signed from is particularly important 

Agreed but we hardly ever look in the championship these days.

22 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Genuinely don’t think he was ever going to choose us over many other clubs.

Agents are using our club, it’s very clear to see. 

10 minutes ago, Iran said:

No he wasn't, the Hlozek guy wasn't even interested in joining us like Soule. 

Based on what ?

we might be useless when it comes to transfers but we wouldn’t pursue a player unless we’d been told he was happy to come 

beyond that, stuff changes 

we heard from soule that he was impressed by our desire to buy him and that he probably would  have come if Roma hadn’t come to the table