Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Long Eaton Fox

The Wrong Targets

Just now, MGLCFC said:

Wow - they're spending the Wonga. Could end up like us if it all goes wrong.

Certainly a risk, the only thing I would say is they essentially came up with team on a league one budget and most of the players they have bought won't be on silly wages, unless babylon John is consulting.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Thebluefox85 said:

You have got to ask the question why aren’t we in for Jack Clark he’s a quality player future potential is high and we are signing ayew 🤣🤣

The manager said we wanted a number of players with premier league experience, according to Percy. I'm not overly sold on that approach, personally, I've rather take a longer-term view of signing players who build a very good team if you go down. But if we buy a younger players with potential up top to go with it, then it's not too bad. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Babylon said:

The manager said we wanted a number of players with premier league experience, according to Percy. I'm not overly sold on that approach, personally, I've rather take a longer-term view of signing players who build a very good team if you go down. But if we buy a younger players with potential up top to go with it, then it's not too bad. 

People seem to forget we have Alves 19, Fatawu 20, McAteer 22 as options for attacking midfielder areas so we have lots of talent to develop.

Our summer recruitment has seen us bring on Golding 18, Fatawu 20, Skipp 23, Okoli 23, we have brought it player who can develop. 

Only two of our sigings have been senior professionals.

I think that balance has been about right especially if we bring in a young CF and another attacking option.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, TrickyTrevLeftPeg said:

Really impressed with him every time I've seen him.

Player we should have been looking at.

He only really rose to prominence at Sunderland. Spurs farmed him out on loan then flogged him off. I'm guessing we want a sure thing and hence are signing Ayew who has been playing at Prem level for years so we know what he'll bring. Clarke has got a higher potential upside but could also flop at Prem level. He's a risk and there's more reward there but also a higher cost. If we stay up and have a settled squad he's the type of player we might take a chance on next season.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, TrickyTrevLeftPeg said:

Really impressed with him every time I've seen him.

Player we should have been looking at.

We're clearly not looking for assists or goals, Reid Ayew and Skipp are here to fulfil Coopers dream for a team of water carriers

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

People seem to forget we have Alves 19, Fatawu 20, McAteer 22 as options for attacking midfielder areas so we have lots of talent to develop.

Our summer recruitment has seen us bring on Golding 18, Fatawu 20, Skipp 23, Okoli 23, we have brought it player who can develop. 

Only two of our sigings have been senior professionals.

I think that balance has been about right especially if we bring in a young CF and another attacking option.

Very good point to be fair, although I'd have liked the 2 experienced lads to have been of a better standard, particularly Ayew, considering he's our back up to Vardy and hardly knows where the net is.

We do need someone to take the strain of goals from midfield like KDH did last year. Hopefully Facundo does that alongside a new recruit in the later days of the window.. another loan will do.

17 minutes ago, Simonb said:

Very good point to be fair, although I'd have liked the 2 experienced lads to have been of a better standard, particularly Ayew, considering he's our back up to Vardy and hardly knows where the net is.

We do need someone to take the strain of goals from midfield like KDH did last year. Hopefully Facundo does that alongside a new recruit in the later days of the window.. another loan will do.

I agree, but that is going to be even more expensive and probably wouldn't want to come to us in our current predicament. 

He isn't a Vardy's backup.