Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxes_Trust

We’ve Defied the Odds Before. Get Behind the Lads...

I think we'll go down.

We are making economic decisions that make this a likely reality

We have a few who are good enough.   Hermansen,  Justin, Perreira, Winks? Fatawu.  Maybe Mavididi and Ndidi.  Perhaps Alves will emerge this season.

But we lack depth and nous and will have points deducted.  

There is a very good team of ex Leiecester players playing elsewhere 

It's hard to be optimistic about the current season. If we plummet, hopefully we'll have a good Championship winning team

• Like 1

That's all well and good, and in times like 2015/16 when we we struggling it was easy to get behind the team and club.

Now though it feels like the club has turned on the fans, and it's ran and owned by incompetent idiots, so it's much harder to be positive.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DennisNedry said:

That's all well and good, and in times like 2015/16 when we we struggling it was easy to get behind the team and club.

Now though it feels like the club has turned on the fans, and it's ran and owned by incompetent idiots, so it's much harder to be positive.

This, and there seems to be an air of unreasonable and unjustified arrogance about the club…. I think this is going to be an incredibly humbling season for them. I just hope it marks the end of the current leadership team, and Top has an opportunity to rebuilt the boardroom with decent football people, and receive some proper guidance for once. 

• Like 1

As a fan you always want to support the team. The problem is, the louder the fans are, the more support you give the team, our higher ups are that in denial to the problems we have, they'll think they have the supporters backing, which at the moment isn't the case. The balance we need to have is fully support the team and players out on the pitch, but make noise around the discontent with the board I.e with rudkin out banners and chants towards the board. It's a fine balance as you don't want the negativity to affect the team. As it is, its going to be a mountain to climb to avoid relegation.

5 minutes ago, HUNTA84 said:

As a fan you always want to support the team. The problem is, the louder the fans are, the more support you give the team, our higher ups are that in denial to the problems we have, they'll think they have the supporters backing, which at the moment isn't the case. The balance we need to have is fully support the team and players out on the pitch, but make noise around the discontent with the board I.e with rudkin out banners and chants towards the board. It's a fine balance as you don't want the negativity to affect the team. As it is, its going to be a mountain to climb to avoid relegation.

Problem is, the vast majority won’t. The group I go with, none of them have the bollocks to be against Top et al, through fear of not getting their free cake and beer. 

Were a minority on this forum, the majority of our fan base don’t take part in things like this, and they are the ones who would blindly follow the club everywhere, will buy shirts with betting companies on the belly and claim the free beers and cake, and be completely unaware of what is actually going on inside the club. 

The only way the fan base as a whole will turn, is if things get really bad on the pitch, to the point of getting whipped every weekend with no fight, then the majority will turn and potentially start to ask questions. 

The ideal scenario would be that doesn’t happen, we compete on the pitch but can air our frustration with the board at the same time, but this just won’t happen, the moment it does Top will wheel out the free beer and cake and all will be well again. 

It’s a very passive fan base collectively at the KP, the likely scenario at the end of the season will be we get panned every week, go down on minus points and the reaction will be “oh well, it just wasn’t our year this year duckeh”.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Problem is, the vast majority won’t. The group I go with, none of them have the bollocks to be against Top et al, through fear of not getting their free cake and beer. 

Were a minority on this forum, the majority of our fan base don’t take part in things like this, and they are the ones who would blindly follow the club everywhere, will buy shirts with betting companies on the belly and claim the free beers and cake, and be completely unaware of what is actually going on inside the club. 

The only way the fan base as a whole will turn, is if things get really bad on the pitch, to the point of getting whipped every weekend with no fight, then the majority will turn and potentially start to ask questions. 

The ideal scenario would be that doesn’t happen, we compete on the pitch but can air our frustration with the board at the same time, but this just won’t happen, the moment it does Top will wheel out the free beer and cake and all will be well again. 

It’s a very passive fan base collectively at the KP, the likely scenario at the end of the season will be we get panned every week, go down on minus points and the reaction will be “oh well, it just wasn’t our year this year duckeh”.

I agree.

You look at the £25 stuff. An overwhelming failure on the clubs part yet how many joined in with the chants against it. You had fans swearing and shaking heads at the those calling it out.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

I agree.

You look at the £25 stuff. An overwhelming failure on the clubs part yet how many joined in with the chants against it. You had fans swearing and shaking heads at the those calling it out.

A lot of our fans really struggle to separate out the concept of holding the club accountable for their actions and supporting the team on the pitch. Other clubs don’t seem to have this problem.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Ricey said:

A lot of our fans really struggle to separate out the concept of holding the club accountable for their actions and supporting the team on the pitch. Other clubs don’t seem to have this problem.

Yeah I wonder what the reason may be.

As much as the majority of us are absolutely fed up with this board and ownership, I do hope that the majority also back the team. There’s no point going if the attention is to be toxic from the beginning. End of the game fine but not during. 

1 minute ago, Nolucklcfc said:

As much as the majority of us are absolutely fed up with this board and ownership, I do hope that the majority also back the team. There’s no point going if the attention is to be toxic from the beginning. End of the game fine but not during. 

It doesn’t have the desired effect at the end of the game though. If we win, no one will join in or care and if we lose the stadium is half empty before the players have even started shaking hands.

The UFS way of doing this is the right way. Short, sharp and concise protest followed up instantly by a song getting behind the players.

1 hour ago, Mike Oxlong said:

I prefer being grumpy and pessimistic 🤬

I'm pessimistic even when we're supposedly good as we're often let down even then.

23 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

Yeah I wonder what the reason may be.

Demographics maybe ?

The Bus 1 Brigade make up maybe as much as 50% of the fans so remember vividly the days of Administration, Manderic etc etc and are shit scared of going through that again. They currently see Top as a safe option no matter what and simply don’t want to rock the boat. They continue to support the team and turn a blind eye to everything the Board does on the principal that it is still better than our darkest days. How close to that changing is for some I’m not sure but for most of them I don’t even think relegation would change their minds

• Like 1