Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxes_Trust

We’ve Defied the Odds Before. Get Behind the Lads...

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

I ****ing hate posts like this. They always come across as a cross between tone deaf and completely patronising. 

People don't need to be told to support their team, especially not by a group that are supposed to represent them as supporters. 

But as well intentioned as sentiments like this are, what it actually comes across as is English, stuff upper lip, keep calm and carry on, blitz spirit bullshit. 

Which is exactly why Brits roll over for every authority figure trying to shaft them and just take it. People are justifiably angry, saying "oh yeah but just go and cheer anyway" is quite revolting when you stop and think about it. 

You’re quite looking forward to Monday then? 

It's a great sentiment but as hard as I try with every bone and sinew of my being I just can't drag myself into the mindset that I'm excited, or even remotely looking forward to what lies ahead and that's just not like me.

It's as if the whole LCFC thing of recent has drained the life and soul out of my passion for the game/club/team and supporting it.

But I'll be there on Monday night, like I will be most other games, hoping against hope that what I'm watching will be something that will reignite my fire for it all.......but I really am struggling to see it right now.

I'm confused as to why this is written in such a way as to suggest this situation has come around completely organically with nobody being culpable or responsible for it. It's 'we are where we are' again without being quite as unthinking.

It's closer to blaming the fans for any dissatisfaction than anything else.

Absolutely no way there are three worse teams than us & that's without the points deduction. 

The 'bowl' will be rocking tomorrow night, especially at half time with the T-Shirt cannons and people walking up and down the stands selling Nacho's and hot dogs.

44 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I ****ing hate posts like this. They always come across as a cross between tone deaf and completely patronising. 

People don't need to be told to support their team, especially not by a group that are supposed to represent them as supporters. 

But as well intentioned as sentiments like this are, what it actually comes across as is English, stuff upper lip, keep calm and carry on, blitz spirit bullshit. 

Which is exactly why Brits roll over for every authority figure trying to shaft them and just take it. People are justifiably angry, saying "oh yeah but just go and cheer anyway" is quite revolting when you stop and think about it. 

Pretty much this:appl:

I think many of this squad are popular with the fans. Vardy is the eternal hero. Ricardo is loved. Winks, Mavididi, Fatawu and Hermansen have made a great impression in the last year. Justin is well liked. We have a few unpopular players but I reckon the bond between players and fans has improved hugely from the relegation season.

But they are being handicapped by the poor running of the club. Points deductions imminent and a struggle to improve the squad quality. And as likeable as they are, it is difficult to sit and applaud a team losing regularly (as I anticipate). Try as you might, you can't separate it.

this season feels like the final year of muzzys time with us. 

we went down, a group of players stuck around to right the wrong, got us back up at the first attempt but the next time will feel they all have to move on.  

I could take going down with a nice refreshed squad, but bringing in players like bdr and ayew just reminds me of us bringing in people like gillespie and ben thatcher … bare minimum attempt to try and stay up but going to end up going down in a far worse state 

history often repeats itself 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Thanks 1