Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Important Fan Information

14 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

No doubt there'll be a few purchases. Some people buy the overpriced dross we sell now.  It would sometimes be beneficial to be able to get a bite to eat before the match, like tonight for example. But, if the prices are ridiculous lots won't bother or it won't be affordable. I'm certainly not paying £15 for a Yorkshire pudding! 

It was £12 or £15 for a burger at Kasabian in Viccy Park. Totally ridiculous. 

My wife paid £13 for some noodles at one of these tribute weekend things … I told her exactly what I thought about that …as if  paying for a ticket for a s..t event like that wasn’t enough 

16 minutes ago, trugerkem said:

My wife paid £13 for some noodles at one of these tribute weekend things … I told her exactly what I thought about that …as if  paying for a ticket for a s..t event like that wasn’t enough 

I was made to go to that. I hate tributes. I also raged at the price of noodles 👍

3 minutes ago, Kopic said:

Don't have a ticket for tonight but heading down for these festivities. Date night with the other half sorted.

And I thought it was just Taylor swift concerts where ticketless fans hung around outside just to feel part of it......

For the record I have a teenage daughter who educated me on such matters rather than me just Googling Taylor swift ......honest 😂

Edited by rugbyblue

1 hour ago, davieG said:

In 30/40 years time the old uns will be reminiscing on when they used to have clappers and honesty flags

In 30/40 years time they won’t have bothered going for 25. There is absolutely nothing attractive about our club to teenagers or grown adults, the older fans will die and our fanbase will shrink. Parents won’t take their kids eventually as well, because it’s too expensive and they never had an affinity with the club when they were a teenager (i.e. now).

Football represented something to me when I was young, now it represents something completely different. I still want the team to do well, but I’ll never pay for a ticket again.

The chicken & chips poutine thing I had was ok, gravy slightly questionable goop.

But it was £14 FFS - I assumed it would be expensive but was rushing so didnt actually check the price until I ordered

It was that or go hungry as I had to get home from work, then up the motorway to the ground then parked and as ever parking is shite.

I'd have got a less offensively priced pie instead but didn't fancy going down 10 mins before HT.

No chance I'll be buying from there again

• Sad 1

44 minutes ago, LinekersLugs said:

£3 for a bottle of water is simply disgraceful 

the IPA I had was at least IPA flavor 

but I was disappointed to be charged £3 for a bottle of water 

our club is intent on ripping us off 

and we as a fan group are powerless 

I noticed £2.10 for a pack of crisps.

1 hour ago, hebangsthedrums said:

The chicken & chips poutine thing I had was ok, gravy slightly questionable goop.

But it was £14 FFS - I assumed it would be expensive but was rushing so didnt actually check the price until I ordered

It was that or go hungry as I had to get home from work, then up the motorway to the ground then parked and as ever parking is shite.

I'd have got a less offensively priced pie instead but didn't fancy going down 10 mins before HT.

£14 for a portion of chips lol

****ing hell 

1 hour ago, hebangsthedrums said:

Where were these new stalls? Outside all I saw were the usual vans? 

Must say i did notice that the queues in the Kop about 30 mins before kick off were non existent. 

Hopefully people are finally waking up and stopping buying the muck they serve. 

I did check out the price of the Guinness zero as they surely cant get a can wrong but it is around £6 a can! madness.  

12 hours ago, LinekersLugs said:

£3 for a bottle of water is simply disgraceful 

the IPA I had was at least IPA flavor 

but I was disappointed to be charged £3 for a bottle of water 

our club is intent on ripping us off 

and we as a fan group are powerless 

Easy ..... don't buy it .... 

• Like 3