Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Important Fan Information

4 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Maybe I'm old fashioned but I just go for the football. Not interested in all this "smooth match day experience" stuff.

I know what you mean but it would be great if there was a proper fan zone next to the ground, with decent beer and good food stalls,  together with massive screens showing live games. Sadly, that's still on the drawing board as part of the stalled stadium expansion. 

Edited by Sunbury Fox
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, It'sblueupnorth said:

There generally aren’t any problems with the actual system it’s usually the people trying to use it

I mean yes, the weakest link in any computerised system is the end user but you can't really idiot proof the system more than it already is (open ticket on phone, touch phone to reader), so questions should be really asked about whether forcing uptake is sensible

13 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

I mean yes, the weakest link in any computerised system is the end user but you can't really idiot proof the system more than it already is (open ticket on phone, touch phone to reader), so questions should be really asked about whether forcing uptake is sensible

Don’t get me wrong I hate the fact that it’s being forced and I will hang onto a physical card for as long as I absolutely can, but like you say it is an idiot proof system 👀

4 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Would someone be so kind as to put a picture up of the referenced ‘Honesty Flags’ to inform the rest of us plastics that don’t attend matches.

Usually a blue or white flag with the slogan FEARLESS FOXES or similar on. 
They are placed sporadicly around the ground, take up on them died down. You get about 4 messages a game asking fans not to take them home.

Awful name.

• Like 3

So from this I have taken the following info. 

> I'll be miffed with the traffic and the stupid amount of road closures.

> If I make it to the ground early I will be encouraged to put on weight from the food choices and get miffed with my indigestion pre match 

> Then I'll be miffed by all the numpties that haven't come prepared with their mobile tickets, or have lost the ability to scan their ticket on the machine and cause me to be late in and miss the tribute. 

> Once in, be miffed at the price of the coffees as they have increased

> Then I'll pick up a clapper, and be miffed early in the game when it breaks as I've used it to take my frustration

> Be miffed at the result

> Then be miffed at the amount of traffic due to all the roadworks around the city

But a new ticket office....now that is good news 

Edited by fox_favourite

There is a lot there that shows the club are trying. They are addressing a lot of concerns people had around lack of pre-match entertainment, difficulty of picking up tickets, have stopped the clappers being on every seat and have at least acknowledged in a roundabout way people are unhappy with mobile tickets.

And yet not one positive comment here.

Yes, I hate the way everything has to be phrased to try and put a positive spin which is so badly done and seen through it comes off as treating us like morons, and it doesn't address some of the real issues like availability of tickets and standing areas, but it does feel like they are doing things to improve the fan experience (I puked in my mouth a little using that phrase), so I feel they should get some credit.

OK, done. Carry on piling in people! 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Usually a blue or white flag with the slogan FEARLESS FOXES or similar on. 
They are placed sporadicly around the ground, take up on them died down. You get about 4 messages a game asking fans not to take them home.

Awful name.

And without fail see about 4 people trying to take one home after the game

2 minutes ago, Izzy said:

I remember when 'pre match entertainment' was getting into pen 3 a bit early and starting a few chants when the players were warming up.

You paid on the gate with no worries about tickets and didn't need any flags or clappers to generate an atmosphere.

A cup of Bovril and a fag was enough at HT then back to the pub afterwards for a de-brief.

It was all about the football on the pitch and the singing in the stands, that's' all that mattered.

Now the game itself feels like a side show. The game has lost it's soul.

You missed out the 'Foxy Ladies' doing there thing although they may be a bit over the hill now.