Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Important Fan Information

I guess it’s the club trying to do a bit more for fans on a matchday which is the right thing to do.

You have to do enough though to change habits which TBH, for the majority of us is going to be impossible for them. We are years deep in our routines now. These things like City Square work well but they are best launched when you have a new stadium or stand, and then you have to make the offering unbelievable to get fans down and to create new habits.

The challenges for LCFC is the way they have treated us all lately with pricing, running the club poorly, the masterclass in mismanagement that gave us an unnecessary relegation and a promotion that we celebrated by pushing an app with a load of influencers that none of us could relate to.

On a positive they are trying some new things so well done for that but also clubs in lower leagues and with smaller budgets than us have been doing this better for years now. We are so late to the game with this.

It is very American to try this stuff but then Americans do stuff so well and have a greater spend per head than UK clubs. I do understand the club trying more of this but if you look at City Square, Brighton and Brondys matchday experience they excel. It’s all scalable though and you’d hope those at the club go and experience the very best to get a gauge of what works and why.

The difference is though, those clubs that do it well are very fan focused. For us to try this now is positive but also destined to struggle as better food options and someone on the decks isn’t going to compensate for many for the absolutely disgusting way fans have been treated over this summer especially. 

Pass me one of those lollipops 🍭 🦊

Edited by RYM
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Winstonthedog said:

Who actually writes this patronising crap ... its beyond belief 

Perhaps the same people that thought this would be a good idea?

Interested to see this. It’s taken them about eight years to catch up with existing patterns elsewhere. Its success will be partly determined on price as well. 

Issue is they’ve left it so long is there are people like myself who won’t give them a penny more than except what gets me to enter the ground 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, st albans fox said:

I go to St Albans when I can with my youngest 

atmosphere is great - friendly banter with opposition fans irrespective of the result (unless it’s Hemel - we hate Hemel) 

change ends at half time so always behind the goal you’re playing towards 

and the result doesn’t really matter to me which makes it non stressful. I can genuinely appreciate everything that happens on the pitch. 
food isn’t a rip off and it’s below national league so you can watch the game with a beer 

A lot of these food options and local brewery beers are already at St Albans ! This is how far behind LCFC are. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ian__marshall said:

I've been pretty hacked off with the club of late, and a lot of criticism aimed at them has certainly been justified. 

However, having been at the recent 'Your 90 minutes' meeting, they've addressed a lot of the points raised in a very short space of time, so on this occasion I think they deserve some praise as it does actually sound like they've listened to the feedback and acted on it.

The only thing I'm going to reserve judgement on at this stage is the pricing of the new catering. This was raised during the meeting and noted that the incumbent vendor isn't offering value for money, so I'm intrigued to see how the new vendors compare versus the concourse. 

This has been in planning before then. It will be the work of the new fan engagement bod. Straight from the 100 play book. 

5 hours ago, blueharmie said:

My god I hate modern football and this post hasn't changed my mind .

Disgraceful Americanism of the game.

I’ve got a feeling this will probably be my last season, that’s from someone who has been P1 and going to if not all, the majority of aways as well since NFP’s first stint in charge.

Back then you’d look forward to not just the game but the complete day out, now it’s got so sterile and all this constant begging from the club about arriving early and that crap that goes on outside the fan store.

I too think it’s gone all American which is a great shame. I’ve already given up on all aways this season, next it will be my seat at home.

Quorn FC seems very tempting. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The only way to get fans in early is to make some areas unreserved which if all ticket would need areas fencing off.

Maybe the safe standing area could be unreserved, yeah not likely in a hundred years.

54 minutes ago, promised land said:

I’ve got a feeling this will probably be my last season, that’s from someone who has been P1 and going to if not all, the majority of aways as well since NFP’s first stint in charge.

Back then you’d look forward to not just the game but the complete day out, now it’s got so sterile and all this constant begging from the club about arriving early and that crap that goes on outside the fan store.

I too think it’s gone all American which is a great shame. I’ve already given up on all aways this season, next it will be my seat at home.

Quorn FC seems very tempting. 

I understand this.  I feel like that from time to time, that's it's too sterile and the entertainment and celebrations are forced somewhat......but then you get the odd moments like the mavididi equaliser at chelsea or preston away that take you back in time and make it feel like it used to feel when we fell in love with leicester city. Unrehearsed, natural, spontaneous joy....and that's why I keep coming back, waiting for those moments.

Let's face it the game has changed beyond recognition for a lot of us....it isn't crammed into pen 2, fag smoke in the air, pay on the day, paper storms and crowd surges anymore with a choice of pie or Bovril as refreshments. A lot of us want the current experience to be like that and the fact is it never will be again, even with the good work done by ufs and the people in sk1 to generate some sort of atmosphere. I don't like the Americanisation and music etc but for a lot of young ones it is the norm.  Doubt it will stop and most clubs will be doing similar stuff.  

Is it compulsory to make snide and/or sarkey comments about the Club on here?  Really gets a bit wearing.  Support the Club for fvks sake.

Edited by PaulW
  • Like 3

22 hours ago, PaulW said:

Is it compulsory to make snide and/or sarkey comments about the Club on here?  Really gets a bit wearing.  Support the Club for fvks sake.

We do support the club,  just not the people in charge.

In 30/40 years time the old uns will be reminiscing on when they used to have clappers and honesty flags

1 hour ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

Anything north of a tenner on these new food stalls and it will bomb.

Saw some of the pricing for something similar at Tigers last season and some were £15-17!

No doubt there'll be a few purchases. Some people buy the overpriced dross we sell now.  It would sometimes be beneficial to be able to get a bite to eat before the match, like tonight for example. But, if the prices are ridiculous lots won't bother or it won't be affordable. I'm certainly not paying £15 for a Yorkshire pudding! 

It was £12 or £15 for a burger at Kasabian in Viccy Park. Totally ridiculous. 

• Like 1