Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

How many signings will we make before the end of the transfer window?

How many signings will we make before the end of the transfer window?  

202 members have voted

1. 1. How many signings before the end of the transfer window?

• 5+

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 30/08/24 at 22:00

There will be a lot of movement this week.

Lots of over-inflated squads that will need trimming. Think we’ll end up with another 4, one permanent, one on loan with obligation and two straight loans 

Edited by Jazzy_Jeff

Vardy had virtually no service at the weekend so an attacking midfielder to as far as possible replace  KDH has been no  1 priority IMO all summer

Ideally a big centre forward that can hold the ball up and score a few goals but if not any capable striker 

Wouldn’t want to see any more money spent on other areas until these 2 areas are covered

As long as we hang on to Ward, I will be satisfied.  I suspect no one is coming in. The alleged activity is a smoke screen to keep FT under control until after the Window Shuts.  It called Sensi-optics.

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

Would be ok with Weghorst for some reason. lol

You just know that Cooper is desperate for a ‘big man’ to hold onto the ball up front. He’s probably searching FM now with one search parameter - over 6’5”. 

Anybody, coz having been to both games so far that side has no to very few goals in it.  

I don't understand why they won't gamble on staying up.  We need a striker no doubt & at least a creative/attacking midfielder.  We HAVE to have some quality go forward.

Worried......

Why are we just so inept at this and when we do get them in we pay way over the odds and pay THEM way over the odds so we can't get rid of them, the list is too long to show but the latest iteration is our "sprinting" friend Soumare.

Edited by The boy Linacre

Leicester sign winger Chossenotte from Reims
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/c9d1v03g2e5o

"She is Leicester's sixth signing of the summer after the arrivals of former Reims team-mate Noemie Mouchon, Tottenham defender Asmita Ale, Jamaica midfielder Chantelle Swaby, Belgium defender Sari Kees and Manchester City midfielder Ruby Mace."

Our WSL team has made more signings than our men's team. 

1 hour ago, HitchinFox said:

Our WSL team has made more signings than our men's team. 

Are you sure - men have signed Fatawu, Golding, Ayew, Okoli, Skipp, BDCR, Buenonotte (granted loan) - I make that 7, compared 6 by the ladies. Add to this the imminent signing of  Bilal EL Khannous, that's 8.

Edited by MGLCFC

26 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

Are you sure - men have signed Fatawu, Golding, Ayew, Okoli, Skipp, BDCR, Buenonotte (granted loan) - I make that 7, compared 6 by the ladies. Add to this the imminent signing of  Bilal EL Khannous, that's 8.

Why let facts get in the way of the narrative (that we haven't got enough signings)? 

Who are you, Rudkin? ;)

8 minutes ago, HitchinFox said:

Why let facts get in the way of the narrative (that we haven't got enough signings)? 

Who are you, Rudkin? ;)

I think we've made enough signings, just not that many who are the right ones.

2 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

I think we've made enough signings, just not that many who are the right ones.

Fair. 

Not sure Okoli or Golding will add anything this season. Jury is still out on BDCR, Ayew and Skipp. 

We had to sign Fatawu (which is good) and Buonanotte has shown promise. So at the moment, our success ratio is around 2/7. That could improve, of course (depending on performances), but "uninspiring" is probably the best word to describe our business so far. 

However many signings we do or don't make, you can rest assured that for any incomings it will be dragged out to the last minute (or 14 seconds too late).

Why do we appear to do this every window? Are there other clubs that do this or is it only us?

Rudkin out.

Edited by 1972 Fox