Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

The Positivity Thread

6 minutes ago, bovril said:

That was a fun season. Winning every week, old school stadiums and 'real' fans, sponsored by a tile company not some crypto betting shite, Pearson putting together a squad of young players looking to prove themselves and wise old heads, good vibes returning to the club after nearly a decade of shite. God this is supposed to be the positivity thread! 

Spot on with this but you can't include being sponsored by Topps Tiles as a positive 

21 minutes ago, foxer said:

John Rudkin is 56 years old so if he retires at say 65, we've only got 9 more years of this. 

Southern League Central Division Champions - you made us sing that!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Way back in '96, 90 minutes magazine published an article saying we wouldn't win a single game, we finished 9th and won the league cup. You just never know with Leicester, that's the greatest joy of following the club for nigh on 50 years, even our bad times are spectacular.

The "League 1" thing that's coming up more and more often is interesting, as you get older time moves quicker, it's recent history to me, much less so to a 20 something, when I was that age the older fans were telling me how dreadful we were and how great the 60s were but I was loving the annual Wembley trips and at least competing in the 2nd tier.

Everyone take a deep breath, the good times will come again and at some point in our lifetimes it'll be a whole lot worse than now. Enjoy the ride, there's no other club in the world that gets the heart racing like ours. COYF!!!!!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bovril said:

That was a fun season. Winning every week, old school stadiums and 'real' fans, sponsored by a tile company not some crypto betting shite, Pearson putting together a squad of young players looking to prove themselves and wise old heads, good vibes returning to the club after nearly a decade of shite. God this is supposed to be the positivity thread! 

Jumpers for goalposts.

marvellous-ron-manager.gif