Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The whole world smiles

Serge's Leicester poem

Didn't hit for me, but that's probably because I've never been less optimistic for anything in my life. 

We do need a call to arms though. We've no chance if the fans don't play their part, and we need to go big from the start. Especially whilst we're trying to attract (shit, old, over valued) new players.

I think it’s pretty decent. Obviously has a club bias with making sure we nod to the owners but apart from that and the ludicrous club led FNQ I think it’s good.

A good few talking points for my lads on the historical references. 

Good to have a fan in Sergio doing it.

Doesn't change my outlook on the season but I did like it. 

Nods to our history and legends that have left a legacy for the most part. So I can get over the one mention of Top, the mention of Cooper who hasn't done anything yet, and a few seconds of last season which shouldn't have happened. 

Overall, don't mind it and appreciate the effort. 

For those familiar with Japanese Haiku, following the 5-7-5 syllable rule, I give you.

Odd time for a Fox

Game in ruin hard to watch

I hate football now

Over to you!! :ph34r:

Edited by ScotFox1
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, ScotFox1 said:

For those familiar with Japanese Haiku, following the 5-7-5 syllable rule, I give you.

Odd time for a Fox

Game in ruin hard to watch

I hate football now

Over to you!! :ph34r:

Unlikely champions

Rudkin presiding over

A reverse phoenix

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Groby_Blue said:

Micky Adams came out with it and it stuck. 

Yeah it was during that ten year period of mid table obscurity in the championship. 

Probably as a way of trying to persuade the fans not to leave.

8 hours ago, adam said:

Bit weird. No other club would include their owner in something like that.

Would any other club have been okay with their owners parading the Premier League around?

I have no idea why we observed minute silence for the King of Thailand either. Unless he was the real owner. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Libertine said:

Nah it mentioned Big Nige and he was one of those weird Pearson haters.

Because Pearson had a match to prepare for when they came to parade themselves pitch side and Tom's ego couldn't take being ignored by Nige. 

If you want to see Tom live by the way there's probably still tickets left at your local village pub.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

Because Pearson had a match to prepare for when they came to parade themselves pitch side and Tom's ego couldn't take being ignored by Nige. 

If you want to see Tom live by the way there's probably still tickets left at your local village pub.

I remember that when Pearson was fired, they both celebrated it on the grounds that Neil Lennon might be the next boss. So I'd hesitate before going wild about their endorsements.

And I might be wrong, but I think Pearson - when asked - said he preferred The Cure and XTC. And not just because the latter wrote 'Making Plans for Nigel'.

21 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

No mention of Rodgers who was the manager who won the FA Cup but a heartfelt mention for top?

Thought it was quite good on the whole - enjoyed the historical references.

Think most would be glad Rodgers wasn't mentioned. Winning our first fa cup will always be an amazing part of history but he'll always be remembered for playing his part in destroying the club 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Groby_Blue said:

Micky Adams came out with it and it stuck. 

Wasn't that keep the faith? I remember Darren Fletcher (nobhead forest fan from 106 century FM and now TNT sports) accusing him of stealing it off him as if it was his.