Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The curious case of Ricardo Pereira

2 hours ago, honeybradger said:

Surely we could have subbed in Ricardo instead of Soumare though. Having him as an unused option on the bench doesnt feel right.

Soumare and or McAteer when you could have brought on Ricardo, i can't understand why that would happen, not criticising Cooper, but we haven't had a journalist ask about it either, that worries me, is that weird?

Hope he's not had something bad happen in his personal life.

2 hours ago, Sunbury Fox said:

I get what you are saying but shouldn't Cooper be building a system that fits/suits the strengths of our best players, rather than a system that doesn't?

Agree, but then we know Ricardo is a player who can learn a new role, can't imagine a system where he isn't useful.

Even if it's just replacing Fatawu on right wing for last 20mins. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

Can get away with it in the championship, against a top 6 premier league team I’m not sure 

Not like we can get away with playing Soumare against the top 6 either, he was honking. I think we would have been much better off with Ricardo and even might have had a chance to go on and win the game.

4 hours ago, Heskey2011 said:

Soumare and or McAteer when you could have brought on Ricardo, i can't understand why that would happen, not criticising Cooper, but we haven't had a journalist ask about it either, that worries me, is that weird?

Hope he's not had something bad happen in his personal life.

I thought the same after the game,   the interviwer didn't ask why Ricardo was left out of the side. We probably would have got the  usual he's carrying a knock.

But I thought it was strange that the question wasn't asked. 

• Like 1

I think the worry might be that he isn't up to it physically as a right back in the Prem anymore

I am not sure if I can see him getting up and down the wing all game, especially if we are going to be counter attacking a lot more

Might be where we have to move him into mainly being an option as one of the centre mids which I definitely think he could carry on doing in the Prem (which would though then mean we might need to sign a new right back)

I think most fans would've seen him as the better option to bring on instead of Soumare

• Like 2

Justin is a better defensive full back than Ricardo, Riccy though can still do a job for us there as well as provide another option in CM and on the wing, if he wants to leave I'd let him go though and try and pick up another RB to compete with JJ

3 hours ago, Jimmy said:

Justin is a better defensive full back than Ricardo, Riccy though can still do a job for us there as well as provide another option in CM and on the wing, if he wants to leave I'd let him go though and try and pick up another RB to compete with JJ

It sounds harsh I know especially how good he's been since signing but there's no sentiment in Football.

If Cooper doesnt plan on using him regularly then we should cash in and get our money back while he's still very saleable.

Then as you say bring in a new younger RB to compete with JJ.

10 hours ago, moore_94 said:

I think the worry might be that he isn't up to it physically as a right back in the Prem anymore

I am not sure if I can see him getting up and down the wing all game, especially if we are going to be counter attacking a lot more

Might be where we have to move him into mainly being an option as one of the centre mids which I definitely think he could carry on doing in the Prem (which would though then mean we might need to sign a new right back)

I think most fans would've seen him as the better option to bring on instead of Soumare

It’s this. It is not a coincidence that his injury issues paused when he became a midfielder, I forget who did the media but it was covered at the time: full backs have such a physically demanding job in the game now with ground covered, dynamic movements, and the number of big tackles, changing his role helped to protect his body. 

If he is a regular right back again it’s only a matter of time before the next big injury. Especially in this league, with the pace and power of the game. 

Edited by FoxesWalk

7 minutes ago, Sly said:

I’m assuming at this point, Ricardo has upset Cooper. 

Can see him leaving before the end of the window. I don't care what other people say he is miles better than Justin and Kristiansen, there is no reason to not start him.

• Like 2

I really hope someone in the media asks him about Ricardo

I would love to know what insane reasoning he has for him to have not played a single second of football so far

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 3

On 21/08/2024 at 19:07, Jimmy said:

Except against Fulham? 

On 21/08/2024 at 19:07, Jimmy said:

How on earth do you work that out? Just because Ricardo didn't play there last year and is more flexible doesn't mean he's not better. 

For a start he doesn't need to be faster because his reading of the game and positioning is far better than JJ who is just woeful (even more so on the left).

19 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Seems to be suggesting he, and by extension probably Mavididi (+ any other conspicuous absentees), doesn’t give it everything in training? So work rate is his primary barometer for judging players?

• Like 1