Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DJ Barry Hammond

Oliver Skipp Confirmed

5 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

No real idea who this guy is, but his bio says he hosts ‘the double pivot’ podcast.

A mix of comments beneath it too.

I get a feeling this is a signing is one that will forever divide the fanbase - so pretty much a typical Leicester signing! 

A Yank hosting a podcast called the Double Pivot.

And folk wonder why people say the game's gone.

• Like 1

He's not really my sort of player at all but he's definitely an improvement on Soumare and Hamza, possibly also Wilf especially on the ball. I just seriously hope after getting him and Okoli for about £30m we have left ourselves room to spend at least a similar amount on a couple of attacking players otherwise we have got our priorities very wrong imo

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Announcement video as exciting as the signing itself…

Wait, there’s more! 

He sounds as excited as we all are! 

Those are so awful they're brilliant.

lollollollollollol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The O'Neill era was marked by unimpressive and unimaginative-looking signings which made you say 'oh, that old carthorse?!' or 'is that really what we need?'

I'm clinging on to the hope that these signings are in that Claridge / Keller / Prior / Marshall / Cottee / Taggart / Sinclair / Impey bracket, rather than anything from the Adams era. Even Pearson liked a few veterans, albeit at budget prices.

It's more expensive, even relatively speaking, than any of the aforementioned, but then again he's a good few years younger than most of them were. Even if Reid and, if he comes, Ayew, certainly aren't. And our recent recruitment hasn't always suggested that recruitment is in line with management. But you never know.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LVFox said:

Big fee, it's done now.

Good thing is he appears a good professional, gives great effort and is a good age with PL experience. Happy he's in our squad, just need to forget how much we've spent on him.

Hopefully Soumare ****s off soon.

Seems extremely excessive this fee. How Winks is 10m and Skipp 20m is bewildering to me...

7 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

Wonder if he'll be out at half time to get a welcome from Leicester and goodbye from Tottenham fans.

Can't imagine so with our club, bit too engaging and stuff really.

Coupled with us singing "he left cause you're shit"....as we are 3-0 down

• Haha 2

Just now, onekeithweller said:

I feel Skippy is being judged unfairly on here. FT’s a bit akin to a kangaroo court.

There are barely any posts calling him shit. 

There are plenty of posts saying it's a bad signing because it's not what the team needs (correctly). 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, inckley fox said:

The O'Neill era was marked by unimpressive and unimaginative-looking signings which made you say 'oh, that old carthorse?!' or 'is that really what we need?'

I'm clinging on to the hope that these signings are in that Claridge / Keller / Prior / Marshall / Cottee / Taggart / Sinclair / Impey bracket, rather than anything from the Adams era. Even Pearson liked a few veterans, albeit at budget prices.

It's more expensive, even relatively speaking, than any of the aforementioned, but then again he's a good few years younger than most of them were. Even if Reid and, if he comes, Ayew, certainly aren't. And our recent recruitment hasn't always suggested that recruitment is in line with management. But you never know.

Your so right. Glamour individual signings won't keep us up without the resilience and attitude players like Taggart, Claridge and hopefully Skipp bring . 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

No real idea who this guy is, but his bio says he hosts ‘the double pivot’ podcast.

A mix of comments beneath it too.

I get a feeling this is a signing is one that will forever divide the fanbase - so pretty much a typical Leicester signing! 

Double pivot podcast is pretty good. He's decent on analytics and a spurs fan, I'd take his opinion with a lot of credence on this tbh

20 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

Wonder if he'll be out at half time to get a welcome from Leicester and goodbye from Tottenham fans.

Can't imagine so with our club, bit too engaging and stuff really.

He’ll be on hand to be wheeled out immediately when the inevitable sack the board chance starts to ring out in the stands.

• Haha 1