Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DJ Barry Hammond

Oliver Skipp Confirmed

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

You can see how he'll fit in with the system.

Ndidi was great at recovering the ball and pressing, but looked fairly lost when with the ball at his feet. 

Skipp should hopefully allow us to dictate play from both him and Winks.

Yes you could see him fitting into that role better, definitely good competition in there so should up standards a lot. 

21 hours ago, shen said:

Established? He was a rotation/backup player for Spurs. Despite breaking through a long time ago he's not been able to cement a place in the team. 

Compare this to the fee Spurs paid for Maddison, a high-scoring, high-assisting star player at Cov, Norwich and with us for several years in the PL.

It's just an eye-watering price and a fee we will likely never get close to recouping.

I hope he turns out fine...

Past history shows .... we never recoup a fee or anywhere close to it ... with the exception of a few the idea of letting contracts run down is the model 

Just now, Danno said:

He’s not an attacking midfielder, what don’t you understand about that? 

So he's backup for Winks & Ndidi. Even so you'd think he would contribute something going forward for that money. Seems a lot for a squad player, but whatever.

As long as we still get the attacking midfielder & striker we have a much more pressing need for and somehow don't fall foul of FFP paying these prices then I'm not mad at it...

Watched a highlight video that Tottenham posted on YouTube.

...it wasn't very long, and didn't really contain much besides his goal against Chelsea. 

I guess in his position, he won't be known for anything spectacular or 'stand out'

No way winks and wilf can play every game - cooper plays 2 holding so we desperately needed a third - I like cooper already - he has looked at hamza and soumare and knows straight away neither can play prem level football - its refreshing to have a gaffer that has eyes - skipp is a great addition to give us 3 to rotate between in those 2 positions starting and in game subs when one of the other 2 are knackered -  so important this one - all aboard skippy son 

now go and get those 4 more needed please - LB, Wing , CAM, Forward 

after the absolute shambles of a pre season we have had and the current state of the club and how we all feel - Monday night second half has given us some HOPE - it’s all we needed - get the next 10 days right with 4 decent signings and we have every chance of keeping that hope going 

Edited by jv1
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, BigGibbo said:

So he's backup for Winks & Ndidi. Even so you'd think he would contribute something going forward for that money. Seems a lot for a squad player, but whatever.

As long as we still get the attacking midfielder & striker we have a much more pressing need for and somehow don't fall foul of FFP paying these prices then I'm not mad at it...

When up to speed I see Ndidi as the squad player and Skipp first choice. However, it's a long season, we'll need both. Would you rather have Soumare or Hamza? 

• Like 1

I think the fact that Cooper has worked with him before with England, he will know his strengths as a player. I’ve always liked his work rate and ability to break up play.

Cooper clearly wants players that are going to work hard. 
Without Wilf or Winks, we’re light in midfield quality and I can see Soumare leaving still. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

When up to speed I see Ndidi as the squad player and Skipp first choice. However, it's a long season, we'll need both. Would you rather have Soumare or Hamza? 

If we can still recoup at least half of it for Soumare then it will look like good business to be fair.

Happy enough for Hamza & Braybrooke to fight for 2nd backup spot with Winks, Ndidi & Skipp playing the majority.

• Like 2

On 21/08/2024 at 08:02, volpeazzurro said:

Rather have one of the crowd that came down to the open training sessions......

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, moore_94 said:

What Skipp brings?

Skippy brings a calming influence and that can support our game.

I mean, Rudkin could've just gone down B&M and got a scented candle multipack for a tenner :dunno:

• Haha 1

A priority is to fix the Ndidi DM position and have someone other than Ndidi or Hamza who can actually link up play between our CBs and midfield.  One of the most important fixes we need. If this is what Cooper has seen and prioritised, my respect for Cooper will instantly double. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, South Shire Fox said:

Thoughts? Looked neat and tidy from the bits i saw 

Tidy player - no where near what we paid for him. When I say that I mean £25m for us this year should have a significant impact on our side - a game changer, I don’t think he is but will put in a decent service

6 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Reminds me of the polite and presentable blokes you see working at tourist attractions like museums where you wonder how on earth they make ends meet. Harmless enough but always a question mark.

I would like to study what goes on in your head

• Haha 3

I think he'll do alright for us. I like what he brings. He's neater on the ball than Ndidi and I think he'll work well with Winks. He's a bit more robust than winks, which means he'll offer a bi of protection, but can still pass. 

I still think £25m (Inc addons) is a lot, but as a player, I like him. 

• Like 1