Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DJ Barry Hammond

Oliver Skipp Confirmed

7 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Reminds me of the polite and presentable blokes you see working at tourist attractions like museums where you wonder how on earth they make ends meet. Harmless enough but always a question mark.

Haha. I can see where you're coming from

He definitely comes across as socially awkward in his interview. You think it's lack of enthusiasm, but I think it's just him. He is one that is probably completely different around people he knows, stick him in front of a camera/mic and he freezes. 

Edited by fox_favourite

Looked a 10 a penny average midfielder of course his impact may improve as he acclimatises but at this time he doesn't look like he offers more than many a Championship midfielder might offer.

I await to be surprised.

Same with Ayew what ever his skill set and position is.

We're slowly building a team of average players but I guess that is our lot after the catastrophe of our relegation.

I was quite impressed with his little cameo.

I think he will improve us in that double pivot role instead of Ndidi.

I give Ndidi a lot of stick, but to be fair to him, I thought he was one of the better players yesterday when he moved further forward. Obviously he’s not creative enough for that role really, but he was one of our better players in the second half.

He was awful playing that deeper role earlier on though, as he has been for years now. Skipp has to play there.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, James_lcfc said:

I was quite impressed with his little cameo.

I think he will improve us in that double pivot role instead of Ndidi.

I give Ndidi a lot of stick, but to be fair to him, I thought he was one of the better players yesterday when he moved further forward. Obviously he’s not creative enough for that role really, but he was one of our better players in the second half.

He was awful playing that deeper role earlier on though, as he has been for years now. Skipp has to play there.

Really ?? 

I thought he looked like a 5m championship buy 

he has nothing that seems overly special at this time 

looks a lot of money for an average player 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, South Shire Fox said:

Thoughts? Looked neat and tidy from the bits i saw 

Still question makes over the fee and of course the fact that he's similar to Winks (not an attacking threat, lacking in physicality) but we immediately looked better in that area of the pitch when he came on. Simply because he can hold the ball and knows how to use it. Wilf just isn't the same player anymore so we can't have him in there.

• Like 1

Most of Fulham attacks came from us giving the ball away in bad area, came on looked assured on the ball and full of energy.

If we are going to continue to try and play out from the back, he need to play over Ndidi.

Think he'll do well.

1 minute ago, Lambert09 said:

I liked the look of him tonight. Strangely reminded me of early KDH 

Agree with this. He’s clearly got talent and got around. If anything, he looks technically better than KDH. He put a shift in tonight though. 

• Like 1

He's much better on the ball than Ndidi that's for certain and was driving forward more than I expected, though maybe that was down to the level of opposition. Him, Winks and Buonanotte/El Khannouss is a decent, technical midfield three I reckon with Wilf to step in for situations when we need a bit more bite.

• Like 2

Liked him a lot…. Just what we need…. He’s probably worth what we paid for him…. I suspect we’ll grow to like him very much

he doesn’t half get stuck in…. Very neat and today and rarely gives it away