Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC vs Spurs - Match Thread

Well I see glimpses of good play, which makes me think against bottom half teams we might be capable, but yeah spurs are comfortable mostly.

Deffo nerves in some of the players, The Brighton loan player looks decent I think.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Gamble92 said:

I think Spurs are there to be got at but why isn't Mavididi playing if we are planning on the counter?

Reid doesn't seem to have anything like the pace of Mavididi. 

We can get back in this

For his defensive work - with the irony being his man scored the goal (to be fair, he did track the run).

I’ve spent a bit of time away from this forum and just come back. I don’t think I’ve ever seen such unjustified knee jerk negativity so early in the season. It’s really sad we’ve all resorted to this extreme negativity. Will check in later in the season when we have a little more realistic perspective.  Up the Foxes. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

I think Spurs are there to be got at but why isn't Mavididi playing if we are planning on the counter?

Reid doesn't seem to have anything like the pace of Mavididi. 

We can get back in this

In Cooper we trust :scarf:

• Thanks 1

Just now, st albans fox said:

Like watching us play against prime man city

How far is the tempo from Ipswich on Saturday ? 

there’s no excuse for looking like we can’t be bothered - there are players on the bench that are better than those out there - they should be leaving everything out there and they aren’t 

Ipswich had much more of a go at Liverpool in the first half. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Danno said:

Agreed. Can’t defend, can’t go forward, doesn’t burst down the wing like he used to and just constantly gives the ball away

If someone else played LCB last season we’d have got way more points 

The players know we're a soft touch.....if we had a more hands on owner or proactive DOF they would have fried to get him sold or given him abit of a kick up the backside 

Just now, KingsX said:

I wasn't going to post the half time stats this season.  But this is just epic, must-see splatter-film stuff.  The only thing close is the score

halfstats.thumb.JPG.28bffa23f9f4363d10ef40d0168c0e48.JPG

You can't call a ball heading to the corner flag a shot

• Haha 1

Just now, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Not even the Gillette advert can perk me up here

FURDER TO SON

DOIN WHATCHA OWLWAYS DUUURNNN

I'm relying on you to keep our collective spirits high for the next 37 games mate. 

• Haha 1

It's going to be a long season ... but this is the opener versus Spurs, it was only ever going to go like this. 

No surprises so far, other than Mavididi not starting. 

James Justin the scape goat but he's 1v1 against Son or Maddison every attack. He's got no hope and is doing ok... 

• Like 1

Just now, grth2004 said:

Love Vardy but with age he’s missing that pace and ability to chase players down. 
He needs more help up there 

He's injured that's how ****es up the story is at the club atm Vardy is playing probably 4 weeks before he should be

Well we have done a lot better than I expected. Buonanotte been a real positive and we are showing the fight I hoped for. We are showing signs of lacking the coherence of playing together week in week out though. I’d like to have seen Ricardo starting against son on the right. Kristianson has done ok but id have started Justin over there too. Still that’s a good showing given where we are. Mav to come on the left and give Vardy a couple of chances hopefully this next half.