Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC vs Spurs - Match Thread

He has sprinkled a bit of positivity with that line up by starting Buonanotte and Vardy, then just doused it in shit by benching Ricardo and Mavididi. 

The Ricardo conundrum has baffled me all pre season, if he is persisting with three at the back when in possession, I don’t see Ricardo starting, unless he swaps Justin over to the left and has him tuck in as a LCB. 

He seems adamant at this moment in time not to play Ricardo in CM, I just think he’s scared shitless that we’ll get dicked on transition time and time again if he plays Ricardo in that position. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Tbf I don’t mind the look of that. But not playing Ricardo is genuinely mental. He’s the best player at the club by a mile. Fvck. 

So on the break the plan is give it to fatawu. That’s a lot of pressure on a young lad on his first prem game because I don’t see where else the pace is. 

3 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

I imagine hes started Reid for his defensive work.. Perez style. Fulham fans said hes a grafter

I thought that 

then checked 

based on 130 appearances 

• Defence
    Tackles 111
    Blocked shots 36
    Interceptions 49
    Clearances 84
    Headed Clearance 44

5 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Two of last seasons best players dropped. 

But it's OK because we've got a thirty year old Fulham reject that averages **** all goals a season. 

Poor take lad, he got 6 in the equivalent of 16 full matches in the PL. Mavididi got 12 in 40 in the piss the championship team.

4 minutes ago, kingfox said:

He has sprinkled a bit of positivity with that line up by starting Buonanotte and Vardy, then just doused it in shit by benching Ricardo and Mavididi. 

The Ricardo conundrum has baffled me all pre season, if he is persisting with three at the back when in possession, I don’t see Ricardo starting, unless he swaps Justin over to the left and has him tuck in as a LCB. 

He seems adamant at this moment in time not to play Ricardo in CM, I just think he’s scared shitless that we’ll get dicked on transition time and time again if he plays Ricardo in that position. 

Mavadidi isnt good enough. 

I feel sorry for Fatawu. If JJ dares to pass forward, he just stands and watches him get tackled while Fats waits for the overlap. Then we have VK on the other side who will get forward but will pas back as he’s too scared to attempt anything. 

I'm pretty happy with the team I imagine Mav, Fatawu and Ried will interchange throughout the season on the wings.

Also be good to see how the lad from Brighton gets on.

We could also start Ricardo against Fulham or interchange him with Ndidi 

Edited by whoareyaaa

The Front four of Spurs will be very hard to contain but I think they can be got at at the back, hopefully Fatawu is full of belief, for me Buonanotte has a crucial role linking Midfield to Vardy not leaving him isolated and potentially being the one who picks the lock and plays him in. Wilf v Madders will be interesting, presuming he’s back in his deeper position. Will be interesting how high a line Cooper wants us to play with the lack of pace at CB.

26 minutes ago, lcfcdamo said:

How does it some people just never happy!! Justin has the pace to cover the back 2 over Ricardo and mav let's be honest wasn't great towards the end of the season plus it gives us some attacking options off the bench!!

Ricardo and Mavididi were among our best players last season.

• Like 2

It is a bit odd that both Mav AND Ricardo aren't starting.  VK has been playing high because it seemed like Mav was the preferred winger to drop inside and provide more direct support to the striker.  Ricardo is our best attacking fullback, but Cooper seemed to prefer Mav playing the SS role over Fatawu, hence VK playing the high role. But if Mav isn't in the side then why not employ that tactic on the right so Fats can come further inside and we have the best attacking fullback doing the attacking?

Does leave the option with Mav to sub him into either role of Vardy or Reid.

Edited by JimJams

33 minutes ago, FoxOnWheels said:

Reid over Mads aswell, Cooper literally has a free pass with fans expectations just play the best players and your sweet we’re expecting the worst anyway yet you don’t start 2 of our best players it’s like managers like getting abused

Spot on. He's said some of the right things as well but not playing Ricardo is absolutely mental. He must be carrying some kind of niggle for him to barely have featured

• Like 1