Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Leicester 1- 1 Tottenham Post Match Thread

Good to be positive. 

All I ask for my team is to be gritty and show bollocks. We did that plenty today. We have 37 with the same application as that second half then I won’t have any qualms on this season. 

I just hope those players don’t get let down by getting some help in 

• Like 2

A lot of confidence can be taken from that. First half was hard to watch but we stayed in the game. All you can ask at that point. 

Tonight that's a bonus point. against the top 6 anything is a bonus and could be massive come May. 

Buoanotte looks like a he could be very handy and ideal for us in our current financial position. How good are Brighton to allow him to go out on loan ?? But fair play he looks keen. 

Skipp plus a couple more and we should give it a good go. 

• Like 2

First half we were far too passive. Sat off Spuds and allowed them to play, you do that against anyone on this league and you’ll be punished.

Second half was a combination of them crushing in third gear, and we pressed higher up the pitch on the second half, and managed to stop Maddison and Son having the run of the KP. When we break the likes we’re a threat, we’ve got pace and some quality that can hurt teams, we just need a bit more self belief. 

Defensively it was generally okay, I actually thought Victor was poor, if spurs had a better right sided player we probably would have been in trouble, he lets people run in behind him far too easily. 

A good hearty second half performance wasn’t a decent point on the end, something to build on! 

Maybe it's not such a bad season to start a You Tube channel after all! :ph34r:

I will do a more in-depth look at the lineup and tactics involved later in the week, but here for you to listen to if you're an avid podcast listener!

Overall I am way more excited for the season ahead. We can compete!

• Like 2

Guys first half we were just too passive without aggression. Scared, without any confidence and composure. It doesn't matter if it's Spurs, play like this against Stockport or Wrexham and you're down 3-0 in HT. 

I'm not carried away but if we go down let's go down fighting. 

How the hell we got a point after being utterly dominated is a question I won’t ponder for too long. Delighted with that. Very enjoyable night out! 
Spurs are f’ing quick on and off the ball. Can imagine they’ll really smash some teams up this season 

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

Can’t put my finger on it right now, but I’ve got a buzz I’ve not had for years.

A bit too passive first half, but it’s understandable coming into a new league. Moments before we scored I said to my bro, that we haven’t been bad. We just look a few players away from competing. I still feel that. Some X factor and a different type of striker and I can see us getting a lot more points. 

That’s boy from Brighton, flipping heck, he’s got a bit of everything hasn’t he. Love it, grit, determination, skill. The gut busting is in to get back to defend second half after trying so hard upfront did it for me, sign him up.

Cooper… some of echos of a big Nige team there. The man knows how to tickle a the pickle of your older city fan. More please. 

Totally agree with all of this. I was thinking throughout I can’t blame the team, spurs are just a complete class above, so I hope there’s no FT meltdown.

The belief that flowed after the equaliser was Pearson esque 

• Like 1

Madders just loves to be loved don't he lol

That walk round at the end, I just can't make out if it was sincere or not.

I didn't clap or boo, but got to say the east stand clapping his first like 3 or 4 corners was very strange.

Edited by Stuntman_Mike
  • Like 2

Plenty to be cheerful about:

- Jamie Vardy is and always will be an absolute legend 

- We have a pragmatic manager who can graft those sort of points

- Lots of fight in the team - they seem to really care

- More transfers incoming

- Buononatte looks a handful 

Also some reasons to be fearful:

- First half was shocking

- Decordova totally off the pace

- Ricardo and Mavididi out of favour?

All in all, a good season curtain raiser. Will be a tough slog of a season but I'm still confident we can be competitive in the division (points deduction pending!).

Edited by LeePhilpottsBaldSpot

One of footballs biggest clichés but it was a game of two halves. 

First half I thought we were shocking. I really struggled to see how we were setup. We gave them too much respect and gifted them so much space on our right hand side, which they easily exploited. 

Second half we just pushed further forward. Ndidi pressed further up field and got out of Winks' pocket. Ultimately we showed fight and as soon as we got the goal our confidence, both in the stands and on the pitch grew. 

We are a team that will be fighting relegation. Points like this are massive. This should be a confidence boost to fans and the players. Hopefully we get some players in, to improve us further. 

3 minutes ago, Matt said:

Well that’s 1 more point that some people were predicting we’d get all season.

I’ve not seen that pace to a game and intensity from us for years!

The endeavor, the fight! Getting stuck in. A sight to behold.

Simple, fundamental basics!

First half we were backs against the wall but we’re going to find that a lot this season, we rode the storm and you have to appreciate that.

Second half I was really impressed!

Buonanotte is a player we’ve been crying out for years, the energy he injects into our game! Hunting the opposition down.

That felt like a proper Leicester performance, I don’t wanna get too excited and say it quietly but we might have our Leicester back!

Matt I feel like we are two peas in a pod tonight lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

Madders just loves to be loved don't he lol

That walk round at the end, I just can't make out if it was sincere or not.

I didn't clap or boo, but got to say the east stand clapping his first like 3 or 4 corners was very strange.

Don't mind it. Think it was sincere and don't think he's the kind to do that in an insincere way. 

As for the corners, very much agree. First one is fine, but to carry it on for the rest was weird lol

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Can’t put my finger on it right now, but I’ve got a buzz I’ve not had for years.

Think it's partly due to being the under dog again, low expectations etc.

9 minutes ago, Babylon said:

A bit too passive first half, but it’s understandable coming into a new league. Moments before we scored I said to my bro, that we haven’t been bad. We just look a few players away from competing. I still feel that. Some X factor and a different type of striker and I can see us getting a lot more points. 

That’s boy from Brighton, flipping heck, he’s got a bit of everything hasn’t he. Love it, grit, determination, skill. The gut busting is in to get back to defend second half after trying so hard upfront did it for me, sign him up.

Cooper… some of echos of a big Nige team there. The man knows how to tickle a the pickle of your older city fan. More please. 

Very open and honest, I think he will be a grower on the fan base, as you say echos of the big man.