Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Leicester 1- 1 Tottenham Post Match Thread

10 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

How the hell we got a point after being utterly dominated is a question I won’t ponder for too long. Delighted with that. Very enjoyable night out! 
Spurs are f’ing quick on and off the ball. Can imagine they’ll really smash some teams up this season 

Because they created feck all really and we gave them a good going over for a chunk of the second half. The injury saved them as we were all over them. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

Madders just loves to be loved don't he lol

That walk round at the end, I just can't make out if it was sincere or not.

I didn't clap or boo, but got to say the east stand clapping his first like 3 or 4 corners was very strange.

Bizarre behaviour. 

Some would clap him taking a free kick on the edge of the box. 

He's an opponent trying to beat our team ffs. 

Wank him off before the game if you really must but for some to give him more support than our own players is just weird. 

1 minute ago, Lako42 said:

Bizarre behaviour. 

Some would clap him taking a free kick on the edge of the box. 

He's an opponent trying to beat our team ffs. 

Wank him off before the game if you really must but for some to give him more support than our own players is just weird. 

Clap him once… then boo every touch. He wants to beat us ffs 

• Like 2

First half was so flat from Leicester, making too easy for Spuds. We looked so disorganised and clueless. Second half it was improved our defence got settled and we created a fair few chances and got rewarded. Every now and then you seen some glimpses of the old Leicester. Decent start for Cooper.

For me. the most impressive thing about Maresca's reign was the way that he quickly mended a broken team instilling belief and spirit.  After the pre-season we've just had and that frst half, I worried that Steve Cooper had done the exact opposite.  Do the players believe in him?  That second half performance has given me hope.

• Like 2

After what felt like a Spurs exhibition match for the first half, we really stepped up the intensity and got a draw which we deserved.

Spurs should have been out of sight, bit they were SO wasteful. I really hope that big points like these will count towards something at the end of the season when PSR is through with us.

2 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

First 50/55 minutes was everything I feared, arguably even worse.

But futbol eritage is alive and kicking. The turnaround in performance and attitude after that goal. Really hard to not be encouraged by that.

We went into the first game against Brentford two years ago off the back of a dire summer where we'd been hoping that the football would distract us but it just reinforced everything bad going on.

This time around the game has genuinely lifted spirits. The second half was the first time in ages I felt like we were playing above ourselves.

Fair assessment and the fans fed off that. 

It’s been a horrendous summer and I had zero hope but the fight the players did show filled me with a little hope. It’s a shame it’s just a loan but Buonanotte is player and a half. Very tenacious and already feels like he’s the creative heart of the team not that is too difficult at the minute. 

• Like 1

First half we looked like a team that would go down without a whimper. Second half, we played some seriously impressive football. The Vardy chance where he was 1 on 1 with Vicario had some sublime play between Winks, Buonanotte and Reid.

That could be a huge result for our season because we’ve just come through a proper side in this league, in our first game, so that will give the players some real belief. Especially as we are low on real options in certain areas of the pitch. If Cooper can get us consistently playing to the level we showed in that second half then we will stay up and I will eat some serious humble pie as I thought he would be gone by November. 

9 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

Enjoyed that. Place was rocking second half.

Have they tweaked the rules for deliberately stopping attacks or something? Udogie could/should have been sent off twice over and didn't even get booked once.

I think that's just Chris Kavanagh doing his usual Chris Kavanagh things.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Don't mind it. Think it was sincere and don't think he's the kind to do that in an insincere way. 

First one is fine, but to carry it on for the rest was weird lol

I was surprised Spurs had him on Corners because he was always terrible for us.

• Like 1

Just now, MrSpaM said:

It's refreshing to see a manager come out after the game and admit he got it wrong in the first half and it wasn't necessarily the players fault

Hasn't stopped me getting on it at 6/1 for him to win the sack race. Anyone other than genetically defective Spurs bury that game. And most will. 

Goals change games & I get that but Christ that was so poor first half, playing a low defensive formation at home and still coughing up sights of goal & free headers all first half. Thirteen corners ....

L at Fulham 

L when Villa come

L at Palace 

Are all very possible. 

Everton on the 21st will already be a relegation sixpointer & the tougher games begin after that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Conscript Fox said:

Hasn't stopped me getting on it at 6/1 for him to win the sack race. Anyone other than genetically defective Spurs bury that game. And most will. 

Goals change games & I get that but Christ that was so poor first half, playing a low defensive formation at home and still coughing up sights of goal & free headers all first half. Thirteen corners ....

L at Fulham 

L when Villa come

L at Palace 

Are all very possible. 

Everton on the 21st will already be a relegation sixpointer & the tougher games begin after that.

You must be a Forest fan, it took Rudkin until almost the last game of the season to sack Rodgers, Cooper is going nowhere