Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Leicester 1- 1 Tottenham Post Match Thread

6 hours ago, CountesthorpeFox1 said:

I love this. A manager that try’s to create a connection between the the fans and the players on the pitch. Maresca and Rodgers were both poor at this. 

I saw fight in us the second half and it was so much more entertaining than possession football. Loved it, considering I went into the game so negative i’m shocked at how happy walking out I was. 

Harsh on Enzo , he tried to connect to us but melons booed him

• Like 1

it was all about this first game for me, people overreact to preaseason when its all about fitness. They showed fight and when they realised they deserved to be at this level took the game to a team who finished 5th last season and spend loads... Im very excited for the season now, a striker is crucial though to help vardy and a no10/creative midfielder too as the midfield is where i think we were poorest yday. Mavididi and Mcateer off the bench looked good. i think people have severly underestimated our squad.

Edited by Tomlcfc133
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, lanefox said:

Harsh on Enzo , he tried to connect to us but melons booed him

I think it was more his style of football and apparent stubborness that didn't connect together with his bull, we'd just had the latter for several years and could smell it a mile off.

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Like 2

Harmansen did really well, stopped some shots but we gave away toooooo many corners. We were under the cosh particularly in the first half and you knew a goal was coming for Spuds but we were much better second half. Vardy is a legend absolutely brilliant to pop up with the goal for us. We could have so easily crumbled under after Spuds went one up but we didn't and showed a bit of grit and determination.

15 minutes ago, Tomlcfc133 said:

it was all about this first game for me, people overreact to preaseason when its all about fitness. They showed fight and when they realised they deserved to be at this level took the game to a team who finished 5th last season and spend loads... Im very excited for the season now, a striker is crucial though to help vardy and a no10/creative midfielder too as the midfield is where i think we were poorest yday. Mavididi and Mcateer off the bench looked good. i think people have severly underestimated our squad.

Amazing take. We’d have been dead and buried by most teams in this league. 

• Like 1

I thought that was a pretty decent performance, much better than I expected. If they could maintain those levels, there might be 3 teams worse than us. 

2 minutes ago, Seventyseven said:

Theres only 5 teams who were better than Spurs last year. There is a lot of average dross in this division tbf. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

He speaks really well to be fair. Took full accountability for the Lens game also. 

As I’ve said before, Cooper works very hard at the media image side of things. It’s partly why forest fans still like him. 

If these sorts of performances continue then him ‘taking accountability’ might get boring very quickly.

Proper got away with that last night, now need to quickly improve. 

17 minutes ago, Dusty said:

Thought vestergaard was actually

colossal last night. Him, mads and winks are a really important trio for us and all had good games last night. They give us something to build from.

Yeah fair play to vestergaard, looked completely comfortable 

22 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

So tough for such a successful team. 

Take Madders out of that team (his annual injury will come) and they created f-all.  I cannot see them breaking into the top 4.

7 hours ago, Conscript Fox said:

Hasn't stopped me getting on it at 6/1 for him to win the sack race. Anyone other than genetically defective Spurs bury that game. And most will. 

Goals change games & I get that but Christ that was so poor first half, playing a low defensive formation at home and still coughing up sights of goal & free headers all first half. Thirteen corners ....

L at Fulham 

L when Villa come

L at Palace 

Are all very possible. 

Everton on the 21st will already be a relegation sixpointer & the tougher games begin after that.

It's being so cheerful that keeps you going!

3 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

I thought that was a pretty decent performance, much better than I expected. If they could maintain those levels, there might be 3 teams worse than us. 

Theres only 5 teams who were better than Spurs last year. There is a lot of average dross in this division tbf. 

That was last year. I don’t think there are any teams in this league who would have missed that many chances last night. 

it’s by the by though, we got a point. Just really can’t understand the excitement after getting away with it. But hey ho. 

7 minutes ago, DennisNedry said:

Anyone notice Pedro Porro wanted to do the darts celebration with Maddison after the goal? Madders declined it.

I couldn't make the game last night, what reception did he get? Any applause or boos?

Yeah I noted that , wasn't at the game but he got a mix of clapping and boos

3 minutes ago, Seventyseven said:

That was last year. I don’t think there are any teams in this league who would have missed that many chances last night. 

it’s by the by though, we got a point. Just really can’t understand the excitement after getting away with it. But hey ho. 

On the flip side there arent that many teams with the quality to create that many chances. The bottom to mid table of this division is full of some utter mediocracy. 

It was a slow start but we got better. We could still do with additions, more up front, more creativity but still better than I expected so far.  

13 minutes ago, DennisNedry said:

Anyone notice Pedro Porro wanted to do the darts celebration with Maddison after the goal? Madders declined it.

I couldn't make the game last night, what reception did he get? Any applause or boos?

Singing section determined to boo him but I felt like the rest of the ground was quite mixed. Most ignored, some clapped, some booed.

Feel like he was the only reason we didn't finish dead last in that relegation season to be honest! 

1 minute ago, Foxin_Mad said:

On the flip side there arent that many teams with the quality to create that many chances. The bottom to mid table of this division is full of some utter mediocracy. 

It was a slow start but we got better. We could still do with additions, more up front, more creativity but still better than I expected so far.  

Yes, perhaps. I’m still a bit scarred by that first half performance to be honest! 

Always need to give it about 10 games, things will be much clearer then. 

12 minutes ago, Seventyseven said:

now this is an amazing take. the shite in this league, soton couldn''t score too ten men for over an hour, everton battered at home by a 31 year old manager. Both teams last night had 2 big chances simple as.

42 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Weaker talent wise without question but hopefully these lot have a bigger set of bollox than the likes of Maddison, Evans etc

Hopefully, but like the season we got relegated there's so much negativity towards the club and board the stadium atmosphere is shocking as a result.

The fans were half arse and so were the team in that 1st half.

It can't be easy for the players to play in such apathy, once we scored and the atmosphere improved the team played with a lot more energy and desire because the support lifted them.

At half time Carragher was comparing our stadium atmosphere to that of Ipswich and the contrast between newly promoted teams.

If we have any chance of surviving the stadium support needs to be so much better.

Christ this is probably Vardy's last season and the GOAT deserves a season long send off at home with proper support.

5 minutes ago, Seventyseven said:

Yes, perhaps. I’m still a bit scarred by that first half performance to be honest! 

Always need to give it about 10 games, things will be much clearer then. 

Seems like you’ve already made your mind up after this morning’s flurry of doom 😂 

Whilst I don’t actively disagree with anything you’ve said, I do think you’re allowed a little hope off the back of the second-half. 

• Like 1