Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Leicester 1- 1 Tottenham Post Match Thread

2 minutes ago, trooky said:

Hopefully, but like the season we got relegated there's so much negativity towards the club and board the stadium atmosphere is shocking as a result.

The fans were half arse and so were the team in that 1st half.

It can't be easy for the players to play in such apathy, once we scored and the atmosphere improved the team played with a lot more energy and desire because the support lifted them.

At half time Carragher was comparing our stadium atmosphere to that of Ipswich and the contrast between newly promoted teams.

If we have any chance of surviving the stadium support needs to be so much better.

Christ this is probably Vardy's last season and the GOAT deserves a season long send off at home with proper support.

Yeah the first half especially was like a library. It's totally understandable the fans discontent towards the club but surely if you're bothering to pay to go you try and make some noise and have a good time. I think we're in for a long season and anything other than relegation would be a mammoth achievement. My bare minimum is I want to see the players show some fight unlike last time

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, DennisNedry said:

Anyone notice Pedro Porro wanted to do the darts celebration with Maddison after the goal? Madders declined it.

I couldn't make the game last night, what reception did he get? Any applause or boos?

Mainly applause near me, couple of boos but more in jest. 

Tbf to tha lad he came round and applauded the Leicester fans in the family end after he’d been over to the Spurs support.

I always thought he wouldn’t give a shit once he got his big move but gladly I can say I was wrong. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, trooky said:

This team is far weaker than the squad that was relegated.

Even if we have a good end to the window and sign another 3 players it will still be weaker.

We just need to be realistic, if we survive it will be a miracle.

Weaker on paper for sure but in reality the difference in ability between Premier league players is miniscule - it's not what you've got, it's how you use what you've got.

The fraud proved that having "talented players" at your disposal is no guarantee of even moderate success if their strengths are not used.

Cooper's most famous predecessor at Forest proved that even "mediocre" players that are well coached and motivated can be much more than the sum of their parts.

Alonso proved the same point at Leverkeusen last season.

Personally l dont mind arrogance as long as there is an equal measure of genius to go with it, BR had lots of the former but precious little of the latter and managed the rare feat of making a silk purse look like a pigs ear!

Cooper seems to be less self obsessed, more humble and - fingers crossed - closer to the real deal.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Few polite claps for Maddison fair enough, but those clapping him for his first 5 corners should be embarrassed. He got more applause yesterday when taking them than he did when he played for us!

I don’t know why people get so riled up either way. Is it a Leicester thing or do fans debate it in general? 

I gave up with the whole booing/clapping thing when half of our fans booed Mahrez (who massively contributed to the best moments of my life). 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lionator said:

I don’t know why people get so riled up either way. Is it a Leicester thing or do fans debate it in general? 

I gave up with the whole booing/clapping thing when half of our fans booed Mahrez (who massively contributed to the best moments of my life). 

Also went awol and acted like an utter cvnt to force a move. Embarrassing by the time he left.

Im not bitter about it still…

My point being you can see why people at the time would have booed him.

• Like 1

Reflecting on last night, depending on what additions we can get, and how many points we get deducted, we stand a chance of surviving. We’ve got quality in attack, Fatawu, Mavadidi and Bounanotte will cause teams problems, especially if we get the trigger pressing right and can just tidy up our game in that area of the pitch. 

At times in the second half, we looked pretty good, and managed to create space behind spurs. I was very pleased overall and it’s certainly given me optimism going forward. I think there’s enough in this team to stay up. We will cause teams problems in transition which is where we are at our best. 

Edited by Pliskin
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

I think it was more his style football and apparent stubborness that didn't connect together with his bull, we'd just had the latter for several years and could smell it a mile off.

Yep, spot on.

Unfortunately for Maresca (in terms of popularity) he came along right after the fraud and his style of play and persona gave lots of us uncomfortable flashbacks of the BR/BS period.

Enzo's "my way or the highway" also revived past trauma.

Cooper's style appears to be closer to the Leicester city idea of perfection.. i.e the big man!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, J. James said:

Yep, spot on.

Unfortunately for Maresca (in terms of popularity) he came along right after the fraud and his style of play and persona gave lots of us uncomfortable flashbacks of the BR/BS period.

Enzo's "my way or the highway" also revived past trauma.

Cooper's style appears to be closer to the Leicester city idea of perfection.. i.e the big man!

Yes, I think you put it better than me 😁

27 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Few polite claps for Maddison fair enough, but those clapping him for his first 5 corners should be embarrassed. He got more applause yesterday when taking them than he did when he played for us!

Unsurprisingly he took better corners than he did at LCFC!

First half was embarrassingly bad on and off the pitch (only Facundo and Mads could take much credit). Spurs let us off big time as they should have been out of sight by the time we scored. From the moment we scored, however, we had the better chances, even if they still dominated possession. We need to try to play with urgency and make games a scrap to have a chance of staying up, as the O'Neill team did back in the day. That team were masters of set pieces, though, and that is something we must improve on as you can get so many cheap goals that way, even if you're being outplayed. Look at Everton last season. 

Edited by Sunbury Fox
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Conscript Fox said:

I do take your point.

I thought parts were worryingly bad, like no methodology had been ingrained In times of low resources, its important to be good at what you can do & we were very lucky not to be several goals down & luck like that doesn't hold. 

Are you serious? He’s had a couple of weeks to work with new signings ( less in some cases ) yet you think we should be hitting top gear already. It’s a process not a game of chess. Maybe you need a bit of positivity rather than being the merchant of doom.

As others have said the 2nd half performance and bottle they showed and importantly the ability to change the game should be seen as a positive moving on. Positivity feels good , try it! 

8 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Think it's partly due to being the under dog again, low expectations etc.

Very open and honest, I think he will be a grower on the fan base, as you say echos of the big man.

The last manager we had with strong Forest connections was not greeted enthusiastically by the fans - favourites for relegation but got a team playing with some fight.  

Didn’t turn out too badly if I remember correctly.

Edited by CUJimmy
  • Like 2

Well i certainly wasnt expecting a point from out first game but im very happy we got one and its great to see vardy not only scoring, but being a shithouse again. he's obviously bang up for it

2 minutes ago, Beliall said:

Well i certainly wasnt expecting a point from out first game but im very happy we got one and its great to see vardy not only scoring, but being a shithouse again. he's obviously bang up for it

Spurs fans have always been a particular favourite target for him.  Along with Palace and West Brom for some reason.

Edited by CUJimmy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, lanefox said:

Harsh on Enzo , he tried to connect to us but melons booed him

wouldn’t say it’s harsh, I rate him as a manager but he had no interest in trying to get the fans connected to his style he just said ‘If none of get behind it I will quit’ 

Coopers first post match he came out and said I could understand if the fans would have got frustrated first half etc. Nothing against Maresca I just already think that Cooper is better at that side of things.

Who do I think would be more likely to succeed at a big club… Enzo due to his strengths but Cooper rode the wave at Forest by creating an atmosphere and that’s why he’s trying to achieve here I think.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

One section determined to boo him, overshadowed by claps generally. He did clap all sides of the ground when he went off.

I did notice at the game Maddison rejecting celebration. Also it was nice of him to lay flowers for Shakespeare.

I've nothing against him. He gave us 10+ goals and assists in a relegated season, certainly much better than other players that season.

The people with brain cells applauded him

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Unsurprisingly he took better corners than he did at LCFC!

he did have 12 of them to get it right, but i actually thing we defended them quite well. 

I also like how we are trying something different with our set pieces to. Could help us through the season.