Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Leicester 1- 1 Tottenham Post Match Thread

Terrific second half, had them on the ropes, Kop bouncing. Beautiful move almost cut through them.

Spurs wasteful at times but we stayed disciplined, kept going, kept fighting. Mads to the rescue, thought Justin was absolutely superb and could be in for another England call-up if he keeps performing. Which is incredibly hard on Ricardo, who I adore as a player. Fatawu stepping up aswell, such a gem of a player. Buonanotte a scrappy, skillful, intelligent playmaker an' all.

I'll take that result anyway. Hopefully another striker in. Start picking up some results, get the confidence up for when we're inevitably hit by PSR restrictions.

I've been reading knee jerk hysteria and ridiculously negative bollox for the last 3 months now. We still might get relegated but I'm going to enjoy laughing at the bed wetters tonight.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Seventyseven said:

Everyone seems to have forgot the 15 mins before we scored.

we should have been 5 down. Awful stuff.

Ecstatic with a point from that but let’s not pretend it was good. 

Hardly city's fault spurs cannot finish ...  a 60 million striker at fault ..... we competed and that's what will win us points 

• Like 1

Now I thoroughly enjoyed that, backs to the wall, but when we got the ball we tried to get it forward. May be in the minority but I'd much rather have these games where have show fight, and get at teams than the keep ball, passing between defenders borefest. 

There's going to be some absolute smashings along the way but we will get the excitement back inside the stadium. 

Also, can I say I like the new pen VAR ruling, if the ref says no, we play on. Much better than worrying for 2 minutes that a VAR check was going to give a pen against. 

It's the first Prem game with VAR where it wasnt mentioned or caused a pausing to the game (didn't think of this until I was home). Much improved. 

Edited by The Quick Brown Fox
  • Like 3

All of would have taken a point before.

Spurs should have had 5, made alas awesome.

Vardy was Vardy and could have had a 2nd.

The Brighton kid looked very good and should have stayed on.

Feel for Cannon but something must be bad with him not to get a sniff from 3 different managers.

Brilliant  result.

5 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

Didn't actually think the first half was all that awful tbh, but plenty of people had made their mind up they wanted some awful to moan about before we even kicked off. Unfortunately for them we came out in the second half and have them something to be begrudgingly happy about.

First half looked like a side trying to find it's bearings in a nervy atmosphere at home to a side who everyone had already written us off against. 

We did look to hoof it a fair bit but there were much better patterns of play in the second half. Thought we looked reasonably solid when defending. 

Not bad, not bad at all. Approach most games like we did in the second half and we may actually be ok. 

We little looked like we couldn’t get anywhere near their goal and we were pretty penned in, they had a fair few good chances too! Looked as though we gave them too much respect first half

I thought it was important that we appear to have more characters and leaders in the squad this time around.   Winks were bollocking others after a corner (think it was because nobody attacked the near post which he asked for)     Vardy, Mads,  Victor and Faes/Vesty to a lesser extent all have contributed aa well. 

Edited by The Blur

Interesting that Cooper adopted a similar defensive formation to Enzo at the later stages of last season. Our Back 4 changed to a back 5 with Justin inverting to a third CB and Fatawu filling in at RB.

Seemed to work well when defending our box when Spurs were piling the pressure at times.

Wow, that 2nd half performance came from nowhere. All through preseason and the 1st half we looked completely clueless. Then we just flicked a switch and looked a different team and probably should've won it. The only negative was seeing that oaf, Soumare amble onto the pitch when we needed Hamza's energy. Anyway it was a great result.

20 minutes ago, Seventyseven said:

Everyone seems to have forgot the 15 mins before we scored.

we should have been 5 down. Awful stuff.

Ecstatic with a point from that but let’s not pretend it was good. 

Their xg was about the same as ours by the end of the game. Their chances mainly came from balls into the box and winning the first header. There's going to be lots of games this year where we have to sit in, soak up pressure and play in moments so you're going to be in for a long season if you're so down about that performance tonight 

• Like 1

First half we were dominated and looked like we had no idea what we were doing. 

Second half was so much better, fight, some decent moments of football and didn’t let them play and got hold of their press a bit better which we really struggled with first half.  

A good point. 

• Like 2

To passive in the  first half giving far to much space and time to Madison and Son . Credit to Cooper at half time - what ever he said worked and a much better second half. No Ricardo is interesting and bringing on Soumane was risky but great point . Looking forward to Fulham now