Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Leicester 1- 1 Tottenham Post Match Thread

4 minutes ago, MrSpaM said:

I don't understand how you can be this negative after 1 game we've drew against a good side

I do take your point.

I thought parts were worryingly bad, like no methodology had been ingrained. In times of low resources, its important to be good at what you can do & we were very lucky not to be several goals down & luck like that doesn't hold. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CosbehFox said:

How Maddison’s evening went was highly satisfying. 

Another couple of bits from me: 

Brennan Johnson is incredibly soft 

How did N’Udogie avoid a yellow card? 5 fouls I counted 

He was the best player on the pitch in the first half and set up their goal? 😂 

Agree with the others

Edited by South Shire Fox
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, whoareyaaa said:

You must be a Forest fan, it took Rudkin until almost the last game of the season to sack Rodgers, Cooper is going nowhere 

Again I understand why you say that. 

Rodgers wasn't adrift at the bottom. 

Cooper could well be and from an early stage.

What I'm saying is I don't see middle ground here, it'll be ok, or it'll tailspin and I'm liking tailspin, from what I saw earlier  ( scoreline apart, granted ) 

• Like 1

Just now, Conscript Fox said:

Again I understand why you say that. 

Rodgers wasn't adrift at the bottom. 

Cooper could well be and from an early stage.

What I'm saying is I don't see middle ground here, it'll be ok, or it'll tailspin and I'm liking tailspin, from what I saw earlier  ( scoreline apart, granted ) 

If you watched the second half then you may as well just donate the money to the forum instead of losing it to the bookie

3 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

If you watched the second half then you may as well just donate the money to the forum instead of losing it to the bookie

I watched it

I saw Spurs find a way not to win, its what they do. It was that as much as anything from our manager. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, KFS said:

What about that three way pass for the Vardy chance? 

Was nice watching a bit of direct football again. 

I agree, but there’s a balance to be had. Too many long punts from Mads that just gave possession straight back. 

Encouraging signs though, we’ll score some scintillating break away goals this season.  The Vardy chance was liquid football. We do need to look after the ball more though, felt like a hot potato at times and we’ve better players than that

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Conscript Fox said:

I do take your point.

I thought parts were worryingly bad, like no methodology had been ingrained. In times of low resources, its important to be good at what you can do & we were very lucky not to be several goals down & luck like that doesn't hold. 

Parts were worryingly bad, the first half was genuinely concerning. We gave too many chances away, especially at the bread and butter stuff like crosses and corners. But the second half (55 onwards)  there were massive green shoots. If we’d completely shithoused a draw that’s one thing, but second half we competed. Defensively much better and we carried a threat.

I've been critical of Cooper and what we’ve seen in Pre-season, but anyone who comes away from that game as negative as they were before the game is just looking for reasons to be critical 

Edited by Big_Nige
  • Like 4

21 minutes ago, Big_Nige said:

Parts were worryingly bad, the first half was genuinely concerning. We gave too many chances away, especially at the bread and butter stuff like crosses and corners. But the second half (55 onwards)  there were massive green shoots. If we’d completely shithoused a draw that’s one thing, but second half we competed. Defensively much better and we carried a threat.

I've been critical of Cooper and what we’ve seen in Pre-season, but anyone who comes away from that game as negative as they were before the game is just looking for reasons to be critical 

Give it a month. 

Wow, I did not expect that result, so I am extremely happy with that. When I woke up this morning, I was expecting a bloodbath. I guess the gif on the first post in this thread best sums up my surprise. Vardy you legend. 

• Like 2

This team is far weaker than the squad that was relegated.

Even if we have a good end to the window and sign another 3 players it will still be weaker.

We just need to be realistic, if we survive it will be a miracle.

Edited by trooky
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, trooky said:

This team is far weaker than the squad that was relegated.

Even if we have a good end to the window and sign another 3 players it will still be weaker.

We just need to be realistic, if we survive it will be a miracle.

The only way we will be weaker is due to age (Vardy) in my opinion, as long as we get more attacking reinforcements that is.

2 minutes ago, fazzyfox said:

Strange feeling this morning, like I went for an hour of root canal dentistry last night but came out with the fit dental assistants phone number, happy days :D

lol same. I genuinely don't know how to feel. The two halves couldn't have been more different but ultimately I'm more positive than I was pre match and seeing Vardy score goals for us will never not get me buzzing.

We can't start games like we did though as that could've got really ugly against anyone other than Spurs. Saturday will be an interesting game

Ratings

Hermansen 8  -  two or three solid saves, good communication, knew when to play short or long

Justin 7 - grew into the game, some strong defensive blocks/far post positioning. Got better on the ball second half.

Faes and Vestegaard 8 - good positioning, multiple tackles/intereceptions. Dropped very deep but needed to.

Kristiansen 7 - very similar to Justin. More physical as the game wore on and 2 great balls into the box. looks motivated again.

Ndidi 6 - better than id hoped. poor on the ball but disciplined off it. First candidate for rotation with Skipp though.

Winks 6 - needs to improve if he is to be as big a factor as last year. to be fair it was first game v boyhood club.

Buonanotte 7 - signs of a very good 8 in there. reminded me of pereira at fulham which is no bad thing.

Fatawu - 8  biggest consistent outlet, took on and beat Udogie one of prem best left backs multiple times and laid on the goal. Feed Fatawu.

Vardy - 8 for the balls to play, the finish and the shithousing. should have made it two really but you cant have it all.

BDR - 6 worked hard and disciplined but didnt offer much going fwd.

Mavididi - 7 worked his socks off when on, pace and physicality was a threat and will start v Fulham surely

McAteer - 7 promising signs for how he can help the squad this year

Soumare - 4 koff

Edited by FosseSpark

Much better than I was expecting.

The 5 minutes before we scored, and probably around 15-20 mins after, were more enjoyable than anything I've seen last season.

We pressed high, we fought for every 50/50 and we completely over ran them for that period.

On another day Tottenham could have scored a few but equally,  more often than not Vardy puts his second chance away and we'd end up sh1thousing a win.

Fantastic result.

Really liked Coopers energy and him getting the crowd up etc. Good game management too, nice to see someone use subs.

Edited by adejo92
  • Like 3