Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Leicester 1- 1 Tottenham Post Match Thread

We saw at times last season under Maresca what can happen when we step up our aggression, that’s all that was needed last night and it made a tremendous difference. 

First half we got let off the hook, Spurs could have been out of sight. I thoroughly get the tactic of sitting back and trying to counter, but we were far too passive and lacked aggression. I also think Spurs triggered us in the right areas, we lacked outlets going forward, nothing was coming from our left hand side and Vardy didn’t do an awful lot in the first half either. 

Second half we looked like a completely different team, stepped up our aggression, moved the ball forward quicker and it was everything we used to love from a Leicester City team. The performances of Buonanotte throughout the whole game, and especially Kristiansen in that second half who looked a completely different player, I think those two especially epitomised our second half performance. More aggressive, more willingness and more on the front foot. 

There’s going to be times this season where we’ll probably take a few hidings, but if we can see that type of aggression in the majority of games we play, I’ll feel more optimistic about our chances of staying up. 

Pashun and intensiteeeeeeeeeee was there for all to see. Proper graft. Backs to the wall first half, tough watch at times, but we hung in there and stayed in the game. Second half we were brilliant. If we do that every week we will be ok lads.

Players do me head in sometimes.

The same players came out in the 2nd half and showed what they're capable of, as opposed to timidity of the 1st half.

The team could have gone down 4.0 and Coopers a dick but they drew so Coopers OK.

The more I watch football the more I realise that you win games between your ears not with your feet.

27 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

It wasn’t 

if it was a boxing match then we’d not have made half time 

fortunately spurs were trying to score pretty goals and failed to create big chances 

when we got our moment after an hour we took it and then we saw how strange football can be for the next ten/fifteen minutes. They pretty much folded. The injury stoppage reset things back to where they had been. 

Genuinely don’t get how people didn’t see it like this. Absolutely spot on. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, st albans fox said:

It wasn’t 

if it was a boxing match then we’d not have made half time 

fortunately spurs were trying to score pretty goals and failed to create big chances 

when we got our moment after an hour we took it and then we saw how strange football can be for the next ten/fifteen minutes. They pretty much folded. The injury stoppage reset things back to where they had been. 

3 hours ago, Seventyseven said:

Genuinely don’t get how people didn’t see it like this. Absolutely spot on. 

Not quite the full story. Worth also mentioning that we defended gallantly at the back under intense sustained pressure, we managed to hold out for a point where game management was a huge issue under Rodgers and indeed previously for Maresca. We showed huge reserves of character and fortitude turning it round in the second half (again this has arguably been lacking). Finally, that concussion injury did indeed take the sting out of our offence, but had it not have happened we may well have taken all three points. 

Edited by SpacedX
  • Like 3

I thought that our defending corners and fee kicks into our box was much improved. They had plenty of practice in that first half! Perhaps the new set piece coach is already having an affect.

No idea why Soumare got brought on other than putting him the shop window. The game was made for Hamza at that point.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, daddylonglegs said:

I feel like global chelsea fans dont understand the club like we UK fans  do. I wont accept woke yanks : r/ChelseaFCUKSome people giving Maddison a sodding standing ovation by the way. Game is as gone as it ever has been. 

Why? He was a very good player for us and life’s too short to get wound up over players who were very good for us.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 2

Early I know, but last night emphasised the stroke of luck we’ve received in Enzo leaving and getting a proper manager in. 

We would have lost that last night, 0-2, “but we would have tried to play football”, with the fans bored to death. 

Wasn’t it lovely seeing us line up with a flat back 4 of organised defenders, no inverted nonsense, getting early crosses into the box, breaking at speed. And a lovely little bonus was not bringing that headless chicken Choudhury on when defending a lead - bonus! 

Plenty of positives to take away, but, that’s given me the hope that I expected when I said Cooper is the man to keep us up. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Why? He was a very good player for us. 

Where shall I start with the attention seeking dwarf. 

Cov fan, derby shirt wearing, penalty missing, back pass assisting, play like that we’ll be just fine, sulking midget that constantly went missing (or injured) when the going went tough (like he did last night). 

A key cog in our relegation. 

Good riddance, every boo and chant aimed at him fully deserved. Achieved nothing with us. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

Yeah this self importance of the fellow who set one up, then got laid on the deck a couple of times and then when the game become more competitive, he disappeared. When he got subbed off, I can only imagine his own mental gymnastics. The lap of honour at the end was footballing David Brent. 

It was the summary of his time at City really. When the going got tough, he got going 

Jesus, can feel the anger in that post. You deffo werent happy the whole ground wasnt froffing at the mouth everytime he touched the ball 😂

Edited by South Shire Fox

14 minutes ago, Father Ted said:

Where shall I start with the attention seeking dwarf. 

Cov fan, derby shirt wearing, penalty missing, back pass assisting, play like that we’ll be just fine, sulking midget that constantly went missing (or injured) when the going went tough (like he did last night). 

A key cog in our relegation. 

Good riddance, every boo and chant aimed at him fully deserved. Achieved nothing with us. 

Fair, but almost every other player was worse than Maddison in the relegation season.

Barring Vardy and Ricardo, I find it hard to like any of that squad, including the ones still here.

16 minutes ago, Sampson said:

I’d recommend therapy mate. It’s a much better solution than this kind of needless and irrational anger.

Some people’s irrational anger at Maddison is just bizarre. It’s like he attacked their family member or something. 

He was a very good player here. He achieved plenty here, won the FA Cup, finished 5th twice, reached a European semi final, got capped by England on merit, that’s far more than all but a handful of Leicester players have achieved. No one is saying he is the best Leicester player ever and didn’t have slumps, but overall he was unquestionably a very good player for us and certainly feels like a weird player to get so worked up over. 

He was far from a major reason for our relegation, reality was that him and Barnes were the only 2 players who had reasonable seasons, it was Rodgers stubborn insistence on playing Ward and Amartey that cost us far more, if we’d have had bog standard PL keeper and centre backs we’d have stayed up with ease.

And regardless even if you think he was a key member of the relegation side, he gets way more irrational hate than the likes of Barnes, Dewsbury-Hall, Daka, Iheanacho, Amartey, Ndidi, Justin, Evans, Mendy, Tete or whoever else all do. 

I fully expect you’ll be frothing at the mouth for the same reasons if Evans, Iheanacho, Barnes or KDH come up against this season, right?

No, fans like yourself are soft. Weak minded, accept failure. You probably clapped them off after relegation. You are everything that’s wrong with our pathetic woke fanbase.

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, Father Ted said:

No, fans like yourself are soft. Weak minded, accept failure. You probably clapped them off after relegation. You are everything that’s wrong with our pathetic woke fanbase.

lol It’s just a game, buddy. Football is not worth raising your blood pressure like this and dying early over.

Much less get so worked up some 20-something guy you’re never going to meet who was a good player for us. 

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 1

Took me 4 hours to get there last night and then got delayed by the queuing fiasco at the turnstiles. Was only just walking up the steps during the Shakey tribute, really wanted to be in position for that :(

Floated home on a wave of optimism. Hate Monday night matches.