Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Leicester 1- 1 Tottenham Post Match Thread

12 minutes ago, Sampson said:

lol It’s just a game, buddy. Football is not worth raising your blood pressure like this and dying early over.

Much less get so worked up some 20-something guy you’re never going to meet who was a good player for us. 

Interestingly, Spurs fans at the game were chanting about hating Sol Campbell. Must have left them over 20 years ago and they haven't let that go lol

From my pre match post:

"I don't have high expectations tonight, so I'd like to see a little bit of defensive solidity, some courage moving forwards, and a striker playing as a striker."

I got all those things. Feeling good today.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, DerbyshireFox said:

Achieved nothing with us :doh:! I get he went missing (didn’t they all), but to say he achieved nothing is absurd.

IMG_0422.jpeg

A game where he started on the bench because he was so woefully out of form. The Maddison love in from our fans would have you thinking he’s on a pedestal alongside the likes of Walsh, Elliott, Vardy, Mahrez… 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Father Ted said:

A game where he started on the bench because he was so woefully out of form. The Maddison love in from our fans would have you thinking he’s on a pedestal alongside the likes of Walsh, Elliott, Vardy, Mahrez… 

To be fair he wasn't 100% fit for the Cup Final

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, OntarioFox said:

Holy shit that would have been an early contender for our goal of the season on GW1, did not appreciate it in the ground at the time! And here I was thinking we were going to lose the intricate play under Cooper. :shutup:

6 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Beautiful football. Deserved the final coup de grace from Vards. Ah well. 

For me the meltdowns in preseason were entirely justified. There was nowhere near the cohesiveness, team movements or patterns of play that were shown in that second half. This was a real breath of fresh air.

We may well still go down, but whereas before it felt like we would go down with a whimper, all of a sudden I am looking forward to games. Fair play to the manager and players!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, DerbyshireFox said:

Achieved nothing with us :doh:! I get he went missing (didn’t they all), but to say he achieved nothing is absurd.

IMG_0422.jpeg

To think if he'd started the game that picture wouldn't be possible.

24 minutes ago, DerbyshireFox said:

IMG_0422.jpeg

To think if he'd started the game that picture wouldn't be possible.

TFW report: https://www.thefosseway.net/matchday/leicester-city-match-report-tottenham-home-24

"Even the most optimistic supporter knows this season is going to be tough. Even without the lack of signings, even with Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall, even with Enzo Maresca, this would have been a tough ask. But even if you don’t have the quality, the beautiful thing about football is that you get to choose how much effort you put in.

A lot of the pre-season discourse about Leicester among the neutrals focused on how different this squad is to the one that got relegated two years ago. That a team without Youri Tielemans, James Maddison, Harvey Barnes, et al, is not as good as one that had them. Ergo: they’re doomed.

That analysis misses the very obvious point to those of us old enough to remember the last relegation season, that none of those players cared a jot what happened. Or when the going got tough, they disappeared. If anyone knows that a bunch of names on a teamsheet does not translate to being a good team, and certainly not a resilient one, it’s us."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, FosseSpark said:

Ratings

Hermansen 8  -  two or three solid saves, good communication, knew when to play short or long

Justin 7 - grew into the game, some strong defensive blocks/far post positioning. Got better on the ball second half.

Faes and Vestegaard 8 - good positioning, multiple tackles/intereceptions. Dropped very deep but needed to.

Kristiansen 7 - very similar to Justin. More physical as the game wore on and 2 great balls into the box. looks motivated again.

Ndidi 6 - better than id hoped. poor on the ball but disciplined off it. First candidate for rotation with Skipp though.

Winks 6 - needs to improve if he is to be as big a factor as last year. to be fair it was first game v boyhood club.

Buonanotte 7 - signs of a very good 8 in there. reminded me of pereira at fulham which is no bad thing.

Fatawu - 8  biggest consistent outlet, took on and beat Udogie one of prem best left backs multiple times and laid on the goal. Feed Fatawu.

Vardy - 8 for the balls to play, the finish and the shithousing. should have made it two really but you cant have it all.

BDR - 6 worked hard and disciplined but didnt offer much going fwd.

Mavididi - 7 worked his socks off when on, pace and physicality was a threat and will start v Fulham surely

McAteer - 7 promising signs for how he can help the squad this year

Soumare - 4 koff

Wow, for me he was awful. The amount of times in the first half he failed to win the ball was terrible. 2nd to everything. 

Better 2nd half but for me he was a 5 at best. Maybe im being harsh but i just didnt see a good performance from him.

Soumare a 4 is very generous also. Horrid attitude from him as usual. Jogs around ball watching and doesnt offer anything. 

31 minutes ago, DerbyshireFox said:

IMG_0422.jpeg

You've got to say he was phenomenal for us in all the big games in the fa cup (1/4 final - bench, semi - bench, final - bench). 

People's memories are clouded by how dreadful he was in the end of 22/23 just as much as they're clouded by him showing up on the showreels against the utter shite in the league when it simply didn't matter. 

We got a great fee for him. The idea he deserves a standing ovation after the West Ham Covid debacle, the southampton tweet, the Everton/Bmouth disasters... no. Didn't deserve booing but this fanbase is so soft its ridiculous. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

I'll have a full video about the match and tactics involved later, but let's enjoy that slick move one more time!

giphy.gif

The passes through the lines from Winks and Faes are absolutely brilliant and exactly what we lacked in the first half. These lads have the quality they just needed to be brave on the ball.

• Like 2

Weird game and very much a game of two halves, but in that second half it was like we'd got our Leicester back. It may not be enough and there is more to football than just trying really hard, but over the last few years the team has been so passive and soft that it was just great to see us press hard, win the ball back and then put together some really smart, attack-minded, counter attacking moves.

That second half resonated with me more than anything I saw last season, despite how many games we won.

As I say, it might not be enough, but we don't stand a chance without that sort of fight and mentality. I just hope we can replicate it away from home, without the atmosphere, which is something Cooper struggled with at Forest.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

The passes through the lines from Winks and Faes are absolutely brilliant and exactly what we lacked in the first half. These lads have the quality they just needed to be brave on the ball.

That was a move from 70’s Brazil 

31 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

My two pence on the regular applause for Madders was that it was present for longer mostly to drown out the boos. We have a weird section of support who will boo any player who has dared to leave us. I think yesterday it should have been a welcome applause at the start and then nothing, he's a Spurs player now.

I think lots of football supporters, not just at Leicester, don't seem to appreciate that you don't have to boo or clap. You can just do nothing.

If it's Mahrez or Kante give them a little clap before kick off then get on with supporting the team. If it's Chilwell give him pelters throughout because he's an absolute tube. Anyone else just ignore them.

• Like 1

I don’t know why some people are being so negative about the first half.

It was our first game back, behind the scenes seems to be quite in turmoil and we were playing a good side who have spent well and have a settled manager and ideas from last season.

We defended really well. None of their chances caused saves from Mads that you wouldn’t expect a competent keeper to make. They were a lot of huff and puff without making good chances, a bit like we have been in recent years.

I have been very negative about this season, not at the manager or players but because I feel Top and co have set them up to fail. To pull off that result and play as we did second half showed all kinds of traits we haven’t seen from a Leicester side in years. We worked hard, defended well and took our chance when it came. 

If we bring a couple more in, we should only get stronger. It may or may not be enough but it was a much more positive start than I thought it would be!

• Like 1