Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Leicester 1- 1 Tottenham Post Match Thread

1 hour ago, South Shire Fox said:

Jesus, can feel the anger in that post. You deffo werent happy the whole ground wasnt froffing at the mouth everytime he touched the ball 😂

As I said I got my moment last night. The bloke is Cov and always Cov 

40 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

My two pence on the regular applause for Madders was that it was present for longer mostly to drown out the boos. We have a weird section of support who will boo any player who has dared to leave us. I think yesterday it should have been a welcome applause at the start and then nothing, he's a Spurs player now.

I felt I got the balance right: I booed whilst applauding! 😄 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Father Ted said:

A game where he started on the bench because he was so woefully out of form. The Maddison love in from our fans would have you thinking he’s on a pedestal alongside the likes of Walsh, Elliott, Vardy, Mahrez… 

Of course he’s not on that level. Round of applause on his return and move on. May have been a bit ott from some last night. Regardless of him starting on the bench or not, he was part of the side that got us there in the first place and played in the final as well. Made a positive contribution in his time here, sold for decent fee. Much more to be concerned about than a former player getting a decent reception. 

Edited by DerbyshireFox
  • Like 1

It's weird that nobody complained when we clapped Nigel Pearson off the pitch for about 15 minutes after we played Bristol, and Andy King was getting clapped all over the touchline in the same game, and one of the best players to play for the club gets 30 seconds of applause and the fanbase gets lambasted for doing it

I know Pearson's an absolute legend at the club, and Madders was just a decent player, but I don't really get it, even Matty James got a great reception and nobody cared, I don't get what the difference is

Edited by MrSpaM
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, MrSpaM said:

It's weird that nobody complained when we clapped Nigel Pearson off the pitch for about 15 minutes after we played Bristol, and Andy King was getting clapped all over the touchline in the same game, and one of the best players to play for the club gets 30 seconds of applause and the fanbase gets lambasted for doing it

I know Pearson's an absolute legend at the club, and Madders was just a decent player, but I don't really get it, even Matty James got a great reception and nobody cared, I don't get what the difference is

No problem with giving someone a good reception... I think it's just weird for a player of Maddisons profile for us, to be clapped all night long. A good reception and then just let it go. 

Just now, Babylon said:

No problem with giving someone a good reception... I think it's just weird for a player of Maddisons profile for us, to be clapped all night long. A good reception and then just let it go. 

Think it decended into a juvenile game between the booers and the clappers as to who could make the most noise.

I ignored him for the game but gave him a little clap as he went off. I did appreciate him walking around the pitch at the end.

But it's all done now. I don't think we need to acknowledge him next season.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, MrSpaM said:

I don't think this excuses it but players who leave for 'bigger' clubs than us is different to the way we feel about the likes of James and King who had their best years with us. I could never bring myself to dislike Mahrez even with the way he left but all the others I have hoped that they fail.

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

my personal take is that yes he deserves it. He was part of 2 of the best seasons in our history, won the fa cup and generally was responsible for some amazing football. 

Yes he was part of a relegation, but I think we all agree that we we’re doomed no matter the personnel. Without him we’d have been down far sooner.

My favourite player of all time (Muzzy) achieved far less and was part of relegations as well. If people appreciate what he achieved then they’re entitled to show it. 

We have a lot of overly bitter fans who just love to hate. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, mancunianfox said:

I don't think this excuses it but players who leave for 'bigger' clubs than us is different to the way we feel about the likes of James and King who had their best years with us. I could never bring myself to dislike Mahrez even with the way he left but all the others I have hoped that they fail.

Even Kante?

I look forward to seeing the reception the guy that won us the FA cup gets when we play Villa, think there is going to be a similar meltdown

Edited by MrSpaM

Just now, MrSpaM said:

Even Kante?

Indifferent on that one, Mahrez was here longer and stayed after winning the league. Kante was/is an amazing player but it is a real shame that he left after one season and we didn't get the chance to see what would have happened if we had kept the team together. By the time Mahrez went the magic was long gone.

3 hours ago, daddylonglegs said:

I feel like global chelsea fans dont understand the club like we UK fans  do. I wont accept woke yanks : r/ChelseaFCUK

Some people giving Maddison a sodding standing ovation by the way. Game is as gone as it ever has been. 

I didn’t really care, but when people with anger issues start frothing at the mouth, probably picturing him with a see through man bag, and boo, then I gave him a clap. And I think that was part of why he kept getting clapped, to drown out the nonsensical booing

He was a good player in his time for us, yes he missed an important peno but that’s no reason to give him pelters. Shit happens

• Like 1

Don't get the booing for Maddison at all.

Played well for us in most games and gave us some great memories and we got 30m transfer for him.

He owes us nothing and I appreciated the tribute to shakey n clap round after the game.

Those who booed him have a word with yourself.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Big_Nige said:

I didn’t really care, but when people with anger issues start frothing at the mouth, probably picturing him with a see through man bag, and boo, then I gave him a clap. And I think that was part of why he kept getting clapped, to drown out the nonsensical booing

He was a good player in his time for us, yes he missed an important peno but that’s no reason to give him pelters. Shit happens

It did look like he played with that see through bag on his back 

Er, yeah, didn't see that coming after an hour. Just completely swarmed by them but I thought Hermansen was excellent and we blocked well. The goal, obviously, was massive, it got the crowd up and after that it was much more even (the delay probably halted our momentum, hope Bentancur is ok). 

Positives were Buonanote, Fatawu and Winks. Vardy there when we needed him. Kristiansen improved after half time. Negatives were Ndidi on the ball, Mavididi on the bench and Ricardo not involved.

Look, on another day we lose that 4-1 and the doom is still there. A point massively gained which we need to take.

• Like 1

Boo during the game, clap him off when he can’t score past us. I really do not understand actively encouraging a player who is playing against us, but also don’t get the aggressive hatred once the game is all done. Having said that I will be giving pelters to Chilwell/Fofana at any given opportunity for the way they left

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, MrSpaM said:

Even Kante?

I look forward to seeing the reception the guy that won us the FA cup gets when we play Villa, think there is going to be a similar meltdown

Would love if we sing fatty give us a wave till he waves even though I don’t have anything against him 

7 minutes ago, Corky said:

Er, yeah, didn't see that coming after an hour. Just completely swarmed by them but I thought Hermansen was excellent and we blocked well. The goal, obviously, was massive, it got the crowd up and after that it was much more even (the delay probably halted our momentum, hope Bentancur is ok). 

Positives were Buonanote, Fatawu and Winks. Vardy there when we needed him. Kristiansen improved after half time. Negatives were Ndidi on the ball, Mavididi on the bench and Ricardo not involved.

Look, on another day we lose that 4-1 and the doom is still there. A point massively gained which we need to take.

Even with the terrible first half the players did show fight, it was back to the wall for sure but we threw bodies in the way and Mads was solid. Second half I couldn’t believe the difference, once we scored the game totally changed. 

3 minutes ago, LCFCCKEANO said:

Boo during the game, clap him off when he can’t score past us. I really do not understand actively encouraging a player who is playing against us, but also don’t get the aggressive hatred once the game is all done. Having said that I will be giving pelters to Chilwell/Fofana at any given opportunity for the way they left

This

51 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

my personal take is that yes he deserves it. He was part of 2 of the best seasons in our history, won the fa cup and generally was responsible for some amazing football. 

Yes he was part of a relegation, but I think we all agree that we we’re doomed no matter the personnel. Without him we’d have been down far sooner.

My favourite player of all time (Muzzy) achieved far less and was part of relegations as well. If people appreciate what he achieved then they’re entitled to show it. 

We have a lot of overly bitter fans who just love to hate. 

The flip side to that though was he directly contributed to relegation in two big moments and was part of three players who cocked up one of those best seasons being even better by having a party during covid. 

I think anyone what also met him on one of his post match boozes as well or knows a woman who he’s attempted to entertain won’t have a decent reference of his character