Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Leicester 1- 1 Tottenham Post Match Thread

3 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

I think mediocre is massively wide of the mark. They were completely dominant for large parts of the game and on another day would have put us to the sword. They'll be challenging for the top 4, they wont be midtable.

Well they are Spursy, and that shone through last night. Once we scored they folded like a deck of cards. Top 4 no chance they will get sixth at best 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Well they are Spursy, and that shone through last night. Once we scored they folded like a deck of cards. Top 4 no chance they will get sixth at best 

The Spursy stuff is whatever, but they will challenge for the top 4 and whether they finish there or not who knows

3 hours ago, Sampson said:

He still achieved winning the FA Cup though, you argued he achieved nothing with us. You’re changing the goalposts of your argument now. 

Really? He mostly just got a warm applause to acknowledge he was a good player for us, that was it. It was nothing like the great appreciation Albrighton got in his final game of last season for us as a comparison. I don’t think it was anything like what someone like Vardy would get on coming back to play us either. 

You seem to have a weird mindset where just because someone isn’t being actively booed they’re being put on a pedestal.

He was a very good player for us, he got a warm applause to appreciate that fact, Barnes and Dewsbury-Hall will probably get the same later in the season (even though KDH was nowhere as good for us as the other 2 were for us). That’s pretty much the whole story. It’s such a weird thing and he’s such a weird player to get so worked up about.  

The people clapping him taking a corner for the 4th or 5th time were weird as hell to be fair.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, mazarron fox said:

Are you serious? He’s had a couple of weeks to work with new signings ( less in some cases ) yet you think we should be hitting top gear already. It’s a process not a game of chess. Maybe you need a bit of positivity rather than being the merchant of doom.

As others have said the 2nd half performance and bottle they showed and importantly the ability to change the game should be seen as a positive moving on. Positivity feels good , try it! 

I am serious 

It would have been a blessed kindness if Solanke had done what he should. 

This giddiness on here today will only yield greater pain later. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

I am not going to address anyone directly, but I detest the whole 'You're soft/woke and I'm a better fan than you' crap. That people can clap him off and acknowledge his willingness to maintain a connection is a nice thing - I get that football is tribal, but we've recently seen very worrying evidence of what happens when tribal gets out of control.

I cannot take any Maddison haters seriously. I recall randomly bumping into a LCFC fan at a school in Tideswell when LCFC were winning 9 on the trot back in late 2019, which Maddison was undeniably pivotal to, and even then, this guy was irrationally set against him. A lot of it was & is nothing to do with football and everything to do with petty judgements.

I don't know why anyone would hate JM. mild dislike, feelings of irrelevance etc I would get.

there's a weird double standard that fans subscribe to where 'your' club is allowed to attract players on their way up but none of 'your' club's players are allowed to want to move to anyone else bigger/more sucessful/richer etc

some mindset

ex players that it is ok to hate, starter for one, Dennis wise...

taxi.

57 minutes ago, ParkerPen said:

I don't know why anyone would hate JM. mild dislike, feelings of irrelevance etc I would get.

there's a weird double standard that fans subscribe to where 'your' club is allowed to attract players on their way up but none of 'your' club's players are allowed to want to move to anyone else bigger/more sucessful/richer etc

“Rubbish. Watch and analyse FoxesTalk properly and stop writing posts like that which you know makes the fans pile on with negativity.”

• Haha 1

Not read any of the previous posts so sorry if already mentioned. 

I thought last night we were good. 1st half we rode the storm, got lucky with some poor Spurs finishing, but defended well. Yes they had chances, but Hermansen made some great saves to keep us in the game. 

2nd half we played very well. We were solid at the back, but going forward we always looked a threat. Our strengths this season will be getting the ball to our wingers as quickly as possible and getting them running at the full backs. Spurs couldn't handle us when we did this and we fully deserved our goal. 

Buonanotte impressed me a lot with his ball carrying and willingness to win the ball back. Fatawu is going to rip this league apart. Vardy is irreplaceable. Vestergaard also played well in my opinion! 

Overall, I was very happy with the point and performance and hope that it is something to build on against Fulham.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Lutterworth Fox said:

Thought last night showed just how mediocre Spuds are rather than how 'good' we were. Midtable for them and mid to lower for us if we can replicate second half for 90mins in most games.

This comment reminds me of when my Dad said I think the Turkey is so nice because it's from M&S and not because of how Mum cooked it.

She left him months later. 

• Haha 2

On 19/08/2024 at 21:59, urban.spaceman said:

shocked-michael-scott-tvuati8pl6k1gjur.g

You and StanSP, in particular, should have a reduced limit in how many post-match threads you're allowed to create - to make the reputation points more fairer to other members..:whistle:

• Haha 1

Just thinking compare this to Rodgers v spurs we had some mares. There was one where we were winning with about 5 mins to go and lost! And another where we needed to win for top 4 and still lost. Just crazy. That makes me feel pretty optimistic with cooper and his ability to turn things around and get the fans onside.