Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
420Hashish

Fulham v Leicester - Pre-match thread (August 24th)

This fixture will always bring back memories of that final nail in the coffin last time. I don't think you can witness such a polar opposite as a fan as that team we put out that day to the teams we had for years before it. It was the absolute confirmation we had lost the Leicester we knew. 

For that reason I'd love a performance like 2nd half last night and to see us give it a right go. Even if we don't come out on top. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, whoareyaaa said:

Clearly didn't watch him last season

He hardly had much defending to do last season, we had 65% of the ball so wasn't sat in deep for large parts of the game, we are sadly going to have to do for most games this season. Not saying he can't defend, just think BDR's attributes are going to be better suited to away games and those against the top 6, with Mavididi coming on as an impact.

38 minutes ago, Hirsty The Blue 94 said:

He hardly had much defending to do last season, we had 65% of the ball so wasn't sat in deep for large parts of the game, we are sadly going to have to do for most games this season. Not saying he can't defend, just think BDR's attributes are going to be better suited to away games and those against the top 6, with Mavididi coming on as an impact.

I disagree when required he dug in and esp near the end of the season when we needed the points.

2 hours ago, whoareyaaa said:

I disagree when required he dug in and esp near the end of the season when we needed the points.

He’s a willing worker but I’m unsure he has the defensive ‘nous’ of Reid, who does seem very good at not only working back but tracking a man through the lines, bad example but for the Porro goal Reid is shoulder to shoulder with him all the way, I don’t imagine Mavididi would have done the same. Horses for courses, play into your players strengths depending on the set up

1 hour ago, shailen said:

Mads

Ricardo 

Vesty

Faes

Justin 

Winks

N'didi 

Fatawu

Facundo

Mavididi

Vardy

Why would you play JJ out of position and kill VK confidence by dropping him? Doesn’t make sense 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

Why would you play JJ out of position and kill VK confidence by dropping him? Doesn’t make sense 

I agree. I had massive concerns regards to VK but no way you can drop him after his last performance.  Would completely ruin any confidence he has.

He's actually probably more physical that other options too, albeit maybe not as fast.

Personally I'd keep the same team. Perhaps start slowly integrating Skipp for Ndidi.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Foxmeister said:

Just dreamt that Tom Cannon got a last minute winner in this.

I dreamt l was out on the lash with Grealish and we got chased by a load of crocodiles... Hope one of our dreams comes true.*

* Not mine.

** apparently it's not "a load" it's a "bask".

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Fulham casually dropping 55m on Sander Berge and Joakim Andersen this week shows the insanity of the Premier League. The 32m we spent on Tielemans was in 2019 right?

Yeh two smart signings there. Can't believe it looks like they've got Anderson from Palace - seems a strange move.

6 minutes ago, BrummieFOX said:

Yeh two smart signings there. Can't believe it looks like they've got Anderson from Palace - seems a strange move.

Glasner at Frankfurt liked to play a high line and Andersen is not the fastest. That said I find Palace's activity weird, everyone was tipping them for a big season, but now they are losing quite a few players and already lost their first game. Looks like more mid-table mediocrity for them.

There's no doubt that we have been left behind in the Premier League for quite some time, but all teams are throwing crazy amounts of money around. There used to be the top 6 and then maybe 2-3 ambitious teams that spent a bit on occasion. Now you have 40M for Rutter, Brentford spent 37M on Igor Thiago, Bournemouth 40M on Evanilson, Fulham this window spending 30M on Smith-Rowe and then the the two picked up this week, etc. The division has become brutal.

1 hour ago, Tommy G said:

Not sure if VK is undropable after his performance on Monday Night but I wouldn't want to as he's young and put in some effort - If he can improve his positional play he may be a reasonable left back for the next couple of years 

38 draws = 38 (less psr) points....bugger gonna have to win a couple :)

34 draws + 2 wins against Southampton and Ipswich = 46 points... yep thall do it... therefore.... Draw!

With Southampton and Forest playing each other, Ipswich away at Man City, Everton away at Spurs and Bournemouth playing Newcastle it's perhaps a good opportunity to get 3/4 points ahead of these clubs early doors.

Edited by AKCJ

October fixtures plus the game against Ipswich are crucial for our survival hopes. Would hope we can get wins from those games.

Up to October we have some fairly tricky fixtures to navigate, but if we can beat Everton and get draws away at Palace and away at Fulham, this will stand us in good stead.

I think you have to stick with the same team. The confidence them players will have after that second half will be a huge help. We also don't want to keep chopping and changing throughout the season. Preferably keep some balance and i know we didn't win but feels like a win. Don't change a winning side

1 hour ago, AjcW said:

Looks like they will have Anderson and Berge available for selection which make them significantly stronger.

likely to only have 1 day of training if they both go through today. 

Doubt they will go straight into the team. 

2 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

likely to only have 1 day of training if they both go through today. 

Doubt they will go straight into the team. 

I thought this last weekend when I was doing my fantasy team, then Palace threw about 4 players in who hadn't had a pre season at all.

See also Vardy lol 

Fulham were crap on Friday... they need these players.