Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
420Hashish

Fulham v Leicester - Pre-match thread (August 24th)

1 hour ago, Richmondfox said:

I would like to see this line up with Ricardo instead of JJ.

JJ is great at passing the ball sideways, if only he would do it after an overlap with Fatawu. 

Whilst much improved in the second half against Spurs, Fatawu had to come to his rescue a couple of times in the first and even looked the better defender 🤣. Not a patch on Ricardo but there's something not quite right for me about that situation. There's probably a good reason why Ricardo hasn't seen much action that we aren't aware of. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

Why not give Canon a chance ?

I think it's a bit obvious by now that he's not favoured by Cooper and nor was he by Maresca. We don't see what goes on behind the scenes

Need a Southampton (H) performance from last season today. These middling teams will play pretty football, but we need to get into them and we need to be lightning on the counter attack. Let them be the ones to make the mistake rather than being the ones to wait for our own mistake or a screamer. Get into their heads. 

5 minutes ago, Lionator said:

These middling teams will play pretty football

I think you might be surprised at Fulham being a 'middling' team. They are aggressive, quick, hard working amd their movement is intense. 

We will have done very very well indeed to come away with a point 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

I think you might be surprised at Fulham being a 'middling' team. They are aggressive, quick, hard working amd their movement is intense. 

This 

4 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

They’re also fairly tame upfront. The game V United wasn’t a purists game, but Fulham for all of their hard work, they were very wasteful on good areas of the pitch. 

If we play like we did in the second half V spurs, we have a very good chance of coming away with something. If we let Fulham play, that more capable of hurting us. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

He's has not got enough Experience, I know! lets chuck Mav in there who has even less experience lol 

Mavididi has played as a striker 107 times.... Cannon 95. 

Stephy has more experience as a ST than Cannon does. 

23 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

I wouldn't be entirely surprised if he might start winks, Skipp and Wilf (higher up) to try and stabilise us into the game 

That's the way Cooper operates, He likes to see what the oposition are up too before decding to re jig our tactics.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Scotch said:

Mavididi has played as a striker 107 times.... Cannon 95. 

Stephy has more experience as a ST than Cannon does. 

As a left sided forward or actual striker ?

Edited by whoareyaaa

It would be extremely important for Cooper's career here to get an early away win. His record at Forest in the Premier League was utterly vile. He will be aware of that and hopefully has learnt from it.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

ah fair enough, just doesn't strike me as the man to lead the line

I'm not arguing he should... just pointing out that he has experience doing it. 

5 minutes ago, Scotch said:

He was Montpelliers main striker for a few years. 

No he wasn't, that as Elye Wahi. Pretty sure Mavididi only ever played occasionally through the middle and nearly all his goals and assists have come when played as a winger.

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

No he wasn't, that as Elye Wahi. Pretty sure Mavididi only ever played occasionally through the middle and nearly all his goals and assists have come when played as a winger.

Elye Wahi only played with Mavididi for 1 and a half season of Stephys 3 years there.

14 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Not sure on its accuracy but Transfermarkt lists his appearances as a left winger on just 102 games but as a CF for 107 and as second striker for 18. Mostly earlier in his career on loans and in youth teams. Much better G/A ratio as a winger though. 

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/stephy-mavididi/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/340328

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Scotch said:

Elye Wahi only played with Mavididi for 1 and a half season of Stephys 3 years there.

Doesn't mean Mavididi was a main striker when Wahi wasn't there. Prior to Wahi it was Laborde and Delort.

Here's the stats of his appearances as a striker at Montpellier. Played about a 5th of games there.

Screenshot_20240824_134253_Chrome.jpg