Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
420Hashish

Fulham v Leicester - Pre-match thread (August 24th)

2 minutes ago, Gloria said:

Apologies if this has already been mentioned, but when would a new signing have to be made by to play in this game (assuming no work permit shenanigans)?

Friday midday.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

Mads

JJ

Vesty

Faes

Okoli (to handle physical threat of Adama)

Ndidi

Winks

Fatawu

Facundo

Mavididi

Vardy

subs

Ward

Ricardo

Nelson

VK

Skipp

BDR

McAteer

Alves

Cannon / new signing 

I wouldnt worry about his strength, id worry about Traore putting the after burners on and leaving Okoli for dead with his runs in behind. From the little ive seen of Okoli he doesnt look that quick

Edited by South Shire Fox

Unchanged for me should everyone be fit. Another game where we will need BDR's work rate and graft over Mavididi's flair but lack of defensively help.

Would keep Wilf in there as well, need his physical presence, playing the 3 technical players in the middle of the park could lead to us being bullied in there. 

Dunno what Cooper doesn't like about Ricardo but neither Justin nor VK deserve to be dropped after last night.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

id want JJ and Fatawu on the left to combat Traore. 

46 minutes ago, ChrisFilter said:

Traore's total inability to deliver an end product is the best at combating Traore 

Exactly. Traore poses very little threat to warrant this and his power and pace belies his woeful goal scoring record and dire finishing in front of goal. He's basically Jeff Schlupp Mk.II with a pot of vasseline and 1000mg of steroids per week. 

Edited by SpacedX

I'd take another draw. Fulham last season were a real mixed bag, taking 4 points from Arsenal, one from Burnley and thumping a few teams.

Another point would be useful from a very awkward start.

4 minutes ago, Corky said:

I'd take another draw. Fulham last season were a real mixed bag, taking 4 points from Arsenal, one from Burnley and thumping a few teams.

Another point would be useful from a very awkward start.

♫ Any points will do... ♫

Fulham are an underrated side imo, but there’s elements of their team that we can target. I think a lot will boil down to the midfield duels, losing Palhinha was always going to damage them, but it looks like they’ll try to fill that void with the presence of Sander Berge. For that reason I wouldn’t take Ndidi out for Skipp in this game, we’ll need Ndidi’s presence and height. 

Elsewhere I wouldn’t be against moving Justin to LB and bringing in Ricardo, I’d be more confident in Justin trying to tame Traore than I would Kristiansen, even though Kristiansen performed well in the second half last night. 

Then the final conundrum would be whether to stick with Reid or not, in an away game for defensive workrate, it might be for the best if he remains, the only concern I’d have is if Fulham start to bombard us like Spurs did in the first half last night, Mavididi would give us a better outlet to counter than Reid would. 

• Like 2

I have no idea what to expect from this match whatsoever.

I just hope we will show up and put in a shift.  I can accept whatever happens if we put in the work.

Integration of Skipp into the squad may cause a few hiccups due to lack of familiarity.  I expect a lucky bounce or two will end up being the difference.

But I am looking forward to this!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Forest's first season back in the PL saw them win only one away game under Cooper. 

Be interesting to see how he approaches this. 

Yeah you raise a very good point regarding the away games as I don't think the KP is going to be the fortress the City Ground is so he's got to improve his away form in the PL.

• Like 1

Skipp for Ndidi maybe? Mavs on bench for when Vardy is done. Ricky will get his chances before long. Soumare needs putting on the naughty step after last night.

9 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

Yet he shows last night that all he wants to do is jog around the pitch ball watching. He just infuriates me

Don't forget getting caught in possession facing our goal and mugged, ending up on his arse

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Strawberry_Jam said:

Hermansen

Ricardo

Faes

Vestergaard

Justin

Ndidi

Winks

Skipp

Fatawu

Vardy

Buonanotte

You wanna drop VK and move Federico from the 10 role after last night? 

Skipp comes in for Soumare on the bench.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Lcfc-1992 said:

Hermansen

Justin

Faes

Vestergaard

Kristiansen

Winks

Skipp

Fatawu

Buonanotte

Mavididi

Vardy

this good starting 11, have a good feeling about Stevie C and playing best team and making changes as soon as needed and not waiting till 5 mins to go

Edited by Trent Steel

These are a good team. A point away at Fulham is just as good as a point at home against spurs. I don't think they will finish very far apart in the table.

I'd like to see the aggressive pressing from the second half of the spurs game, and the direct vertical attacks. 

Like Cooper says, the out of possession game is key. Traore is a key player he can be dangerous, but he's also wasteful with possession. If we can win that battle, and out work their midfield we have a fair chance.

5 hours ago, Hirsty The Blue 94 said:

Unchanged for me should everyone be fit. Another game where we will need BDR's work rate and graft over Mavididi's flair but lack of defensively help.

Would keep Wilf in there as well, need his physical presence, playing the 3 technical players in the middle of the park could lead to us being bullied in there. 

Dunno what Cooper doesn't like about Ricardo but neither Justin nor VK deserve to be dropped after last night.

Clearly didn't watch him last season

5 hours ago, kingfox said:

Fulham are an underrated side imo, but there’s elements of their team that we can target. I think a lot will boil down to the midfield duels, losing Palhinha was always going to damage them, but it looks like they’ll try to fill that void with the presence of Sander Berge. For that reason I wouldn’t take Ndidi out for Skipp in this game, we’ll need Ndidi’s presence and height. 

Elsewhere I wouldn’t be against moving Justin to LB and bringing in Ricardo, I’d be more confident in Justin trying to tame Traore than I would Kristiansen, even though Kristiansen performed well in the second half last night. 

Then the final conundrum would be whether to stick with Reid or not, in an away game for defensive workrate, it might be for the best if he remains, the only concern I’d have is if Fulham start to bombard us like Spurs did in the first half last night, Mavididi would give us a better outlet to counter than Reid would. 

you’ve said it before me. Fulham have a big hole at the moment in midfield. Silva went with flair over Harrison Reed on Friday and it might them very suspect on the transition 

Absolutely hate losing to this guff. Bothers me that they had a year of Prem revenue last year while we were trying to claw back in. 

They sign the most average players, have a ****ing mixed section and their local rivals can’t even be arsed with them. 

3-0 Fulham.