Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
420Hashish

Fulham v Leicester - Pre-match thread (August 24th)

29 minutes ago, OntarioFox said:

That Fulham game was the final nail in the coffin - after a bit of promise and improved performances, Smith took us there and decided to play peak Rodgersball against a team well-known for pace, pressing and overloads at the time. We got absolutely destroyed.

I'm hoping it will be very different this time - second half on Monday was definitely the blueprint. These are no mugs though, and will be looking to respond after performing well but coming out with nothing against a jammy Man Utd. side. We'll have to stay switched on and ride our luck a bit, then aim to play through their lines like we increasingly did against Spurs. I'd take another draw but this is winnable with the right application.

Great insights! I might have to hire you for my channel lol

1 hour ago, hejammy said:

"I was close to being convinced we were adding two attacking players, but it didn’t play out as we hoped.”

“I think we’re close, but we’ve been closer than we feel today"

These two lines make me very nervous - basically saying, until the fat lady sings, there's every possibility Rudders can F it up

I mean, that's self evident? There's nothing new there. 

We need signings. Until they're confirmed, they're not confirmed. We have until the window closes. Simple as that. 

4 minutes ago, don_danbury said:

just took a look at forest's away results under him in the prem. 1 away win in the whole season, and that was against relegated southampton. i hope it's better here lol

Cooper's failure to get Forest to perform away from home in the PL is the biggest black mark on his managerial record. He never found a solution for it and it ultimately cost him his job. Apparently he spent his time after leaving Forest scrutinising every aspect of his managerial record in a bid to improve it. You'd have to assume that learning how to set teams up away from home was a key part of that.

• Like 2

Picking up six draws ordinarily would be an okay result for a relegation threatened team in the opening six games but with a circa 6 point reduction looming we need a few wins early doors to ease the pain of being rock bottom by a margin when it comes.

First league away game since Preston of course. It's obviously going to be difficult to replicate the away end that night, but hopefully it can be looked upon as the new standard. Let's get close to that again.

1 hour ago, Nick said:

Picking up six draws ordinarily would be an okay result for a relegation threatened team in the opening six games but with a circa 6 point reduction looming we need a few wins early doors to ease the pain of being rock bottom by a margin when it comes.

Nah, nice and steady.....you only have to be out of the relegation spaces in the last day. 

We're aiming for about 46/47points this season, a steady 6 from 6 will give us a platform for that total

9 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Is Castagne a bench warmer for them now? Would be a shame if Fatawu doesn't get the chance to embarrass him.

They have three fullbacks with Tete on the right, Robinson on the left and Castagne as the utility man for both sides.

• Like 1

I do wonder why journalists waste their few questions asking managers about potential transfers. You may as well ask questions where you will likely get some insight.

Enjoying the way Cooper speaks, seems like he puts a big emphasis on strong mentality and not giving up in games, which is something that fans can really identify with.

Is Skipp available to play?

Maybe even if eligible he'll be a sub while he builds up fitness, but as he knows Winks already I'd be tempted to start him straight away.

Hermansen

Pereira Faes Veste Justin

Winks Skipp

Fatawu Buononatte Mavididi

Vardy

Not confident for this one, but hoping for a good performance!

Thought Fulham looked decent against Man Utd in their last game but nothing 'amazing'

It's hard to tell this early in the season but these are the kind of teams that you atleast need to get something from if you want a decent chance at survival.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nick said:

Before last season, in 28 seasons when the Premier League had 20 clubs, the team finishing 18th—the highest to go down—had averaged 35.2 points.

So, on average, 36 points have been enough to stay up.

If we get a 6-point deduction, we need to get around 42 points.

I always like to approach it in 10-game chunks. If we could get 11 points from each of the first three 10-game chunks, we would need 9 from the last 8 games. 

Think they're a decent side to catch early given they've just lost their 'glue' in Palhinha. Do think Silva's teams often play above the sum of their parts though. I quite like him. He achieves this while playing pretty entertaining stuff.

Cooper's got to have improved his away form substantially since Forest. 13 points away in 28 games is absolutely woeful.

I think narrow loss. 2-1 or something. Would take a point but these are one of the more beatable teams you would imagine.

Never feel like we do very well against Fulham.

52 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

Thought Fulham looked decent against Man Utd in their last game but nothing 'amazing'

It's hard to tell this early in the season but these are the kind of teams that you atleast need to get something from if you want a decent chance at survival.

Second half us from the Spurs game gives them a test. First half us gets beaten

• Like 2