Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

That one goal....

In addition to those already mentioned I'll go with the Mahrez goal at the Etihad which is pretty much the exact moment I realised we were actually in a title race and had a bloody good chance of winning it.

• Like 4

Left field pick here, but Vardy at home against Liverpool in 16/17 after Ranieri had been sacked. It felt like the world were against us at that point, and when he scored that goal it was insanely cathartic. I actually remember celebrating by running over and kicking my printer, it was a shit printer anyway so I don't feel bad.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Babylon said:

This 100%. My best ever memory in a football stadium. When we got that back to 3-3, the energy coming from our end was out of this world. The only time I've seen that many grown men with tears in their eyes. It was amazing.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, RobHawk said:

I've seen this goal hundreds of times, even so, watched it again and couldn't help laugh out loud at the sheer audacity and beauty of the goal. Goat!

Thing is we tried numerous long range shots that night, mingolet was/always is off his line. 

He was nearly caught out in the first half by Mahrez if I remember correctly.

So may great goal and memorable moments.

Probably the FA Cup final goal, as Its was one of first times back in a stadium after COVID.

Also as a child FA final day was always a massive moment, biggest day of the football calander and I always dreamed of City winning it.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Say the same everytime threads like this open

Joachim at Barnsley in the FA Cup....the power with the outside of the foot, the scenes behind the goal, a packed Oakwell when the FA Cup was everything

My all time favourite goal 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, foxfanazer said:

What's the one City goal that makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up everytime? For me it's....

In recent history top 3 for me are

Vardy v WBA

Albrighton v Sevilla

Ulloa V Norwich

Special mention to E. Hazard v Spurs

• Like 1

Of the ones not already mentioned, King vs West Ham in 14/15 - probably the one goal that started it all off.

I wasn’t there because I was working as a waiter at the Grey Lady, Tottenham away in 15/16 so it was fraught. I was nervously bugging the potwasher for updates, when he finally said Huth had scored it just made me believe we just might do it

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HighPeakFox said:

Mine too, and I wasn't even there. That noise...

Bergkamp's hattrick becoming legend and being safe in the knowledge that we ruined it somewhat by snatching a 98th minute point. Beautiful.

Edited by Ted Maul

2 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

What's the one City goal that makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up everytime? For me it's....

When I read the post and before the video loaded up, I was thinking of this goal. I remember it very well. There were a few times in that period, great escape to title win, where I knew we were going to score. Mahrez at Man City, when the ball dropped for Vardy against Liverpool, this one. It was like we were being directed by some higher power. 

So many goals from that period give me goosebumps, but especially this one.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bovril said:

When I read the post and before the video loaded up, I was thinking of this goal. I remember it very well. There were a few times in that period, great escape to title win, where I knew we were going to score. Mahrez at Man City, when the ball dropped for Vardy against Liverpool, this one. It was like we were being directed by some higher power. 

So many goals from that period give me goosebumps, but especially this one.

Absolutely mate. It's so symbolic of Vardy's career with us. Grabbing us by the scruff of the neck and dragging us over the line.

That away end as well :wub: