Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

That One Save...

Which one got you off your seat? 

Schmeichel vs Chelsea in FA Cup? 

Schmeichel vs Blackburn in 13/14 (took two deflections?) 

Schmeichel vs Sevilla penalty saves? 

There could be loads for Kasper no doubt lol

• Like 2

This one probably isn't the most memorable and didn't really take that much skill but it's one I always think back to because of the events of the day before and after the game. I think it was back in 2013 when we played Middlesborough at home. It started snowing so bad a few hours before the game that pretty much all roads into Leicester were either gridlocked to a standstill or impassable. I had to dump my car about an hours walk from the ground as I wasn't going to make it otherwise, walked through probably the worst weather I've ever experienced in Leicester but just made it to the ground in time for the game. The weather had caused that many problems getting into the city and to the ground that I think in the end we only got around 8000 in attendance. 

Anyway, long story short, we were winning 1-0 and I think with pretty much the last kick of the game Boro won a penalty and I was cursing my luck for even bothering to make the walk in just for us to end up settling for a draw right at the death. Kasper though ultimately made the save and it was all worthwhile in the end.

After the game there were no buses or taxis available as they couldn't drive on the roads, so it ended up being another long trek back to the car, but a really happy one anyway.   

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, lcfc278 said:

This one probably isn't the most memorable and didn't really take that much skill but it's one I always think back to because of the events of the day before and after the game. I think it was back in 2013 when we played Middlesborough at home. It started snowing so bad a few hours before the game that pretty much all roads into Leicester were either gridlocked to a standstill or impassable. I had to dump my car about an hours walk from the ground as I wasn't going to make it otherwise, walked through probably the worst weather I've ever experienced in Leicester but just made it to the ground in time for the game. The weather had caused that many problems getting into the city and to the ground that I think in the end we only got around 8000 in attendance. 

Anyway, long story short, we were winning 1-0 and I think with pretty much the last kick of the game Boro won a penalty and I was cursing my luck for even bothering to make the walk in just for us to end up settling for a draw right at the death. Kasper though ultimately made the save and it was all worthwhile in the end.

After the game there were no buses or taxis available as they couldn't drive on the roads, so it ended up being another long trek back to the car, but a really happy one anyway.   

I remember that. I think it ended up being on Sky as their original game got called off. It was Vards who gave the pen away if I remember right?

Edit: Might be getting a few games mixed up but defo Vardy who gave the pen away.

Edited by Libertine

6 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Kevin Poole home to Stoke first leg of the play offs at Filbo, was in the double decker and to this day still no idea how he got across and kept that out

Good shout. Definitely one of the best saves I've ever seen at Leicester 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, James_lcfc said:

Would've been a great save if he got to it. Fine margins.

About as clear match fixing as you’re ever likely to see. He was a decent Prem goalkeeper in his time who was right at the end of his career.. he literally just stops and watches it go an inch over his arms without stretching. Doesnt look up afterwards to blame the sun or anything. Amazed its never been looked into.

Wasnt there one in the same season where Matt Heath literally turned his head and aimed a bullet header straight in the top corner as well..

Edited by South Shire Fox
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

About as clear match fixing as you’re ever likely to see. He was a decent Prem goalkeeper in his time who was right at the end of his career.. he literally just stops and watches it go an inch over his arms without stretching. Doesnt look up afterwards to blame the sun or anything. Amazed its never been looked into.

Not really, he just misjudged the bounce and was a fat b*stard by the time he was playing for us, so didn't have the agility to recover from it.

It happens.

11 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Wasnt there one in the same season where Matt Heath literally turned his head and aimed a bullet header straight in the top corner as well..

Youth team players going AWOL, and now the great Kevin Pressman is getting accused of match fixing lol

What a day.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, bovril said:

Schmeichel vs Chelsea at Wembley. I was perfectly in line with the shot and was just waiting for the net to bulge.

Some of the saves Flowers made in 99/00, especially the game against Arsenal, were amazing. But not on the same kind of stage as Schmeichel's biggest saves. 

Yes I think that was the most important save in our history.

10 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Not really, he just misjudged the bounce and was a fat b*stard by the time he was playing for us, so didn't have the agility to recover from it.

It happens.

Looks very dodgy to me. This ones even better, i know i can make a simple clearence or ill turn my head 90 degrees and head it back to my own net 😂. Nothing odd about that

• Haha 1