Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

That One Save...

1 minute ago, South Shire Fox said:

Looks very dodgy to me. This ones even better, i know i can make a simple clearence or ill turn my head 90 degrees and head it back to my own net 😂. Nothing odd about that

When do we bring Frank Sinclair into the convo? lol

1 minute ago, South Shire Fox said:

Looks very dodgy to me. This ones even better, i know i can make a simple clearence or ill turn my head 90 degrees and head it back to my own net 😂. Nothing odd about that

we're talking about Matt Heath here 

Just now, bovril said:

we're talking about Matt Heath here 

Even he werent that shite 😂. About as deliberate as you can get. Werent Keith Gillespe in that team as well who once said he’d bet on matches he was playing in?  Not beyond the realms of possibility for Heath to have got a few quid out of it

Just now, South Shire Fox said:

Even he werent that shite 😂. About as deliberate as you can get. Werent Keith Gillespe in that team as well who once said he’d bet on matches he was playing in?  Not beyond the realms of possibility for Heath to have got a few quid out of it

No it's not beyond the realms of possibility. I have no doubt it's happened from time to time. Though I'm not sure I believe Heath had the ability to deliberately find the top corner. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, bovril said:

No it's not beyond the realms of possibility. I have no doubt it's happened from time to time. Though I'm not sure I believe Heath had the ability to deliberately find the top corner. 

😂 Maybe that was just a fluke, deffo looks like he was aiming for the goal though when he could easily of headed it the other way. Taggart admitted on the ‘Under the cosh’ podcast he bet on Megson going to Bolton when he found out it was happening. There were deffo some dodgy shenanigans back in the day before gambling was properly regulated

Edited by South Shire Fox

35 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

That one is dodgy, I'll give you that!

The game after 'Spider' Kalac had dropped several howlers against WBA (league) and Bolton (league cup), Kevin Poole was restored between the sticks. We played Watford and won 1-0 (Big Iwan with the goal) but, to me, it's memorable for an incredible save from Poole, late on, where he tipped a point-blank range header from Kevin Phillips onto the crossbar. When I bought the season review VHS, I couldn't believe that there wasn't even a replay of it (let alone slowed down from an alternative angle!)

33 minutes ago, Rain King said:

Poole against Bruce Dyer in the Palace Play-Off Final always sticks out.

Not seen it for a long time so may be blue tinted glasses but always loved it as a kid.

Loved Poole.

Edit: around 5:08 on here

He was a good goalkeeper. Excellent reactions. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bovril said:

Jesus I hope he doesn't read Foxestalk. Not only was it possibly in his character to throw a game and commit a crime but he was also too shit at football to manage it.

Don't forget the club released retro shirts with his name on not long back 😂

• Haha 1

Kaspers save from the Mount shot in the cup final. 

Best save I’ve ever seen from an opponent was from his dad at Filbert Street, Claridge header in front of the Kop, I was sat right behind the goal and he looked beaten but somehow clawed it out, incredible save. 

2 hours ago, Rain King said:

Poole against Bruce Dyer in the Palace Play-Off Final always sticks out.

Not seen it for a long time so may be blue tinted glasses but always loved it as a kid.

Loved Poole.

Edit: around 5:08 on here

Cheers for digging that one up.

Even though I was lucky enough to have gone to it, and knew the outcome, I've just watched the whole video with a heart rate of 140 BPM.. loved it.

On a separate note after watching the MoN created rmidfield again it opens up a question I've wanted to ask for a while ...who, at their best would you have.  Muzzy or Maddison?

• Thanks 1

For me, I always remember Kaspers save against Sterling in the Title Winning Season, the 0-0 at the KP.

I was right behind it, he gets his fingers on the ball and does enough to redirect it wide. :schmike:

raheem-sterling-kasper-schmiechel-football_3393620.jpg

Edited by Des.

Kasper v west ham at the London stadium, pretty much point blank, carol (I think) through on goal and Kasper batted it away. 

Kasper was pulling these saves off week after week, he was as big a part of our success as Vardys goals. The fa cup ones are massive match winning saves. Certainly in the conversation for greatest City keeper. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Des. said:

For me, I always remember Kaspers save against Sterling in the Title Winning Season, the 0-0 at the KP.

I was right behind it, he gets his fingers on the ball and does enough to redirect it wide. :schmike:

raheem-sterling-kasper-schmiechel-football_3393620.jpg

Didn’t we beat Chelsea at home in the title winning season?

Mahrez with a worldie I’m sure scored one

Poole’s save against Stoke, there was clear daylight between the ball and net, I slumped down, a goal is inevitable then somehow he kept it out, reminded me of a Gordon Banks save, clawing it out when it seems impossible.

Kasper in the Cup Final, I daren’t ever watch a replay of that match as he ain’t keeping that out twice!

• Like 2