Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Quorndon_Fox

The 5 Minuters

I do wonder what the Venn Diagram would be of, people who say they leave early cos they've got work/kids to school/train to catch, and people who leave cup matches that are drawing in the last few mins, before extra time.

3 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

I do wonder what the Venn Diagram would be of, people who say they leave early cos they've got work/kids to school/train to catch, and people who leave cup matches that are drawing in the last few mins, before extra time.

It's often the same people who leave early before half time, then come back late after half time. So I don't think it's always to do with needing to leave early. 

The number of people now leaving even 5-10 minutes before half time has really increased in the last few years, not just at Leicester. Cannot understand it. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Quorndon_Fox said:

Didn’t want to mention this straight after the game but this is more of an observation than an attack.

So all those that leave 5 minutes before the end I have always defended the point that they might have trains to catch, buses etc. However, after the 8 minute delay for the injury on Monday and the slightly later kick off people started leaving bang on the 93rd minute.

I am honestly fascinated by this unspoken calling, like migratory birds young, old and everyone in between alike took to their feet and started heading for the exit with the game still at 1-1.

This is the kind of stuff I want to see explained on Blue Planet not some lost seagull with a taste for mackerel.

Don’t let it bother you mate, it really isn’t a big deal.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bovril said:

Because it impacts other people's experience, and creates a worse atmosphere. Some of the scenes from last season were embarrassing, and from personal experience having to stand up or swing your legs round so multiple people can leave early is ****ing annoying. If you're going to do that at least get a seat at the end of a row as I've done for some night games because I have to leg it for the last train.

I’m not saying it’s not annoying and would be better if it didn’t happen, I just don’t care enough that it happens.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, brookfox said:

I’m not saying it’s not annoying and would be better if it didn’t happen, I just don’t care enough that it happens.

It didn't use to bother me but I feel like it's really increased in recent years in all grounds. Maybe I'm just getting old...

• Like 1

Just now, bovril said:

It didn't use to bother me but I feel like it's really increased in recent years in all grounds. Maybe I'm just getting old...

Well same. But then people who leave early for HT food, or those who get to their seats late as they’re drinking, or those who leave half way through a half for a piss, or people who stand the second we attack and make everyone behind them stand, or stare at their phone betting. All annoying imo, but maybe I’m mellowing with age and can let it pass me by!

I think its pretty poor. Still can't understand a so called fan of the sport piss off with 5 minutes of injury time left, especially in games like last Monday.  The result can't mean much to them.

• Like 1

I guess it's each to their own.

Even with a season ticket, the games work out at £30+ each so personally I like to get there to watch some of the warm up / build up and then stay to the final whistle.

Two blokes next to me have impeccable timing and literally get to their seat just as the whistle goes for kick off.

It really is each to their own and perhaps they do beat some of the traffic by leaving early.

I can understand it a bit more when 3, 4 up and the game is wrapped up but last game it wasn't over until that whistle went.

But yeah, it's just an on going topic that's barely worth discussing too much.

Edited by adejo92

I have left early before but I only do it when it's clearly game over (though I did leave at 4-0 at Bournemouth one year and we got it back to 4-2, I had a few minutes where I thought what the **** have you done lol) but I do think people who leave early with just a goal in the game are mental. Like I don't really know why you'd go at all if that was the case.

• Like 2