Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Quorndon_Fox

The 5 Minuters

I left on 85 on Monday. Hated doing so but had to be up at 5am for work and an important training day. Would never leave early on a weekend but so be it. Probably got an hour extra sleep, there's alot of roadworks going on around Leicester right now.

Didn't clog up the stairs though, that's just being a t**t. 

Each to their own.

2 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

Just plain bad manners. Like starting your dinner before everyone has theirs. 

Selfish, unintelligent, uncultured, disrespectful, ill mannered behaviour. Apart from that, it's OK. 

What a silly post

I have to drive about 3 hours for a home game, and 3 hours back. I got back at 2.30am on Tuesday morning after Spurs after a drop off. I stayed until the end. 

I don’t often make midweek games unless it’s first game, a big game or a European tie or something. But I have never left early. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, deejdeej said:

I left on 85 on Monday. Hated doing so but had to be up at 5am for work and an important training day. Would never leave early on a weekend but so be it. Probably got an hour extra sleep, there's alot of roadworks going on around Leicester right now.

Didn't clog up the stairs though, that's just being a t**t. 

Each to their own.

Would an extra 10 mins have made all the difference? 

7 hours ago, StanSP said:

Would an extra 10 mins have made all the difference? 

Honestly, yes. I know it's not highly thought of on here but it probably saved me an hour. 

Not something I do often, and might not do again all season.

• Like 4

Another thread on this - yes some people leave early, yes you are a better supporter if you stay to the end etc etc. 

People pay their money, let them do as they wish this isn’t North Korea, it’s not that deep. 

We should start a separate thread for those that go down to the concourse for a £7 pint of piss on 37 mins and return to their seat at 52 mins! As bad etiquette at the football goes that has to be up there 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

Another thread on this - yes some people leave early, yes you are a better supporter if you stay to the end etc etc. 

People pay their money, let them do as they wish this isn’t North Korea, it’s not that deep. 

We should start a separate thread for those that go down to the concourse for a £7 pint of piss on 37 mins and return to their seat at 52 mins! As bad etiquette at the football goes that has to be up there 

They are usually the people that arrive late and go early too.

15 hours ago, brookfox said:

Who cares. They pay the same amount as everyone else and if they decide it's right for them (for whatever reason) to leave early leave them to it.

Because people can't get tickets. 

If those seats are being taken by people who are more concerned with being at home than actually watching the game through to the end result, then it pisses me off. I'll meet them at the exit on 85 minutes to take their seats rather than there being empty seats with the game on the line. 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Conscript Fox said:

My favourite memory of this is sitting next to a group of five, I was at the game alone. Four of the five made the early exit leaving me & one stranger & a goal behind. 

The equaliser came

We laughed together  

Then an added injury late late winner from the same player who equalised. 

Stranger looks at me and says, we stayed, we ****ing stayed & he hugged me & I hugged him & we did a little jumpy dance of happiness and that moment was worth all the times I stayed for nothing. Forever.

I don't get the leavers.  

Bristol rovers? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Golden Fox said:

Because people can't get tickets. 

If those seats are being taken by people who are more concerned with being at home than actually watching the game through to the end result, then it pisses me off. I'll meet them at the exit on 85 minutes to take their seats rather than there being empty seats with the game on the line. 

It makes me not care too much sometimes that I can’t get a ticket when I see people leaving early on TV, and a bit jealous of the atmosphere in other stadium. Although not jealous of Chelsea fans booing their own players…

If we're 3-0 down with 5-10 minutes to go and it's obvious that we're not going to get it back, then sure, by all means leave early. However, on Monday we were drawing against one of the best sides in the league and the team were showing real grit and deserved support in getting over the line. I just don't get that. 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Conscript Fox said:

My favourite memory of this is sitting next to a group of five, I was at the game alone. Four of the five made the early exit leaving me & one stranger & a goal behind. 

The equaliser came

We laughed together  

Then an added injury late late winner from the same player who equalised. 

Stranger looks at me and says, we stayed, we ****ing stayed & he hugged me & I hugged him & we did a little jumpy dance of happiness and that moment was worth all the times I stayed for nothing. Forever.

I don't get the leavers.  

Are you a spurs fan?

• Haha 2

Trying to understand human behaviour is akin to plaiting fog. I spent an entire professional lifetime trying and largely failing.

There’s probably a decent research project out there on why folk leave early but I very much doubt an answer will be found. Human beings also lie.

I’ve only ever left a match early, as a kid when my Uncle George insisted we leave ‘to beat the traffic’, missed a goal and vowed never to do it again. However my wife and I left a Peter Kay gig early a couple of weeks ago (largely because he was crap) but if we hadn’t we’d have missed our last train.

18 hours ago, brookfox said:

Who cares. They pay the same amount as everyone else and if they decide it's right for them (for whatever reason) to leave early leave them to it.

He's asking why they do it.

Any idea? 

14 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

Bristol rovers? 

12 hours ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Are you a spurs fan?

Ah ....  sorry lads.

As the username suggests, I'm not from these parts & an ex girlfriend dragged me to the old Filbert St way back. I'm delighted she did, glad I saw it, a real place. Was in Pen 2 I believe, Spurs & Derby. Even ended up with a ST for a bit at Leicester & will always keep an eye. Still see the odd game. 

The game I'm on about was Villa / Wigan 2018. & no I'm not a Villa fan either. & it does look like I've remembered an OG incorrectly in my original post too now I look the game up. 

If I'm free, if I can, I'll take in a game. All of it, till the ref ends it. 

5 minutes ago, Conscript Fox said:

Ah ....  sorry lads.

As the username suggests, I'm not from these parts & an ex girlfriend dragged me to the old Filbert St way back. I'm delighted she did, glad I saw it, a real place. Was in Pen 2 I believe, Spurs & Derby. Even ended up with a ST for a bit at Leicester & will always keep an eye. Still see the odd game. 

The game I'm on about was Villa / Wigan 2018. & no I'm not a Villa fan either. & it does look like I've remembered an OG incorrectly in my original post too now I look the game up. 

If I'm free, if I can, I'll take in a game. All of it, till the ref ends it. 

You've....   been around long enough for me to recognise your name

5 minutes ago, filthyfox said:

You've....   been around long enough for me to recognise your name

Long enough to have been at the old ground, yes. Live nearest to Leicester of the PL grounds. 

The woman is long gone BTW, kept space for a bit of Leicester City now & then tho.