Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Martin Dexter Has Died

22 minutes ago, Filbert_Ross said:

Des another legend from down there, & Phill. 

It's still carrying on down there. Not many teams. 

Des was great wasn’t he such a nice guy. Phil was always a bit quieter but again was always nice as well. Played on a Thursday evening and Sunday afternoon for a while but not for years . Was always good fun 

• Like 1

Just now, Md9 said:

Des was great wasn’t he such a nice guy. Phil was always a bit quieter but again was always nice as well. Played on a Thursday evening and Sunday afternoon for a while but not for years . Was always good fun 

Who did you play for on each day/ night? 

we played from 2000 to present day on Thursdays for the Tidy Boys & for a spell on Sundays for Badger Bashers 

2 minutes ago, Filbert_Ross said:

we played from 2000 to present day on Thursdays for the Tidy Boys & for a spell on Sundays for Badger Bashers 

I remember badger bashers. We played down there from about 2000-2004 ish. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Filbert_Ross said:

Our team was Called notaclue on Thursday and Sundays. Probably stopped playing about 10 years ago after my daughter was born but I defo remember playing badger badgers and possibly tidy boys though 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Filbert_Ross said:

Those names do ring a bell to.be fair. We were called Killer Instinct. Played from around 2005-2010

• Like 1

If you haven't worked it out yet...

This is Wymsey Stormcrow's geas.

Harbringer of Doom, Invoker of Dismay, Lord of Despair and Herald of Expiration.

It doesn't matter who anyone is, just that some terrible tragedy has befallen them.

Was an excellent bloke and ref. 

When you had him on a Sunday, you knew you were going to have no problems as he just knew how to control it. Most of all the bloke just had fun. Really sad when I heard of his diagnosis and even more so today. 

• Like 2

Remember doing a summer job as a student at a place where he worked back on the 80s. He was as welcoming of an arrogant, opinionated  student as anyone could ever be. A thoroughly good bloke who’s passion for footy was evident even then. 😞

Edited by TrentFox

Anyone who has played football across the County in the last 20 years will have likely have been reffed by Martin, one of the best in the business and always did it with a smile and enthusiasm, seemed to love what he did as well which as a referee can't be easy. 

As a player and a captain I was always first to have a bit of a chirp at a ref, but never did with Martin because you would have too much respect for him.

To find out you're ill just a month ago then pass away must be horrifying for his family to come to terms with.

• Like 1

Lovely bloke. Very sad news. Reffed loads of my games over the years, 11 a side and down at Sports Leagues. Had no idea he was ill.

Will forever owe me £10 for telling me to lump on Balotelli joining us a few years back. He couldn’t have been more sure about it, said he’d got it from some inside source. Not sure if he was having me on or not but always brings a smile thinking about it. Definitely gave him some stick for weeks afterwards! 😂

Thoroughly lovely man. Did Leicestershire football proud and will be sorely missed. 

RIP Martin. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1