Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Santiago Gimenez

14 minutes ago, The_77 said:

I’m not convinced by any player on Mexican national team these days. Could have worked out pretty well for us if he went to Forest. lol

Their Head Coach is terrible, has favourites who inevitably aren't good enough then the fans get onto the 1 or 2, Gimenez included, who can't get into the game despite being the better individuals in the squad, bonkers

All the talk from Feyenoord fans is that he’s a player who needs to play in team who has a lot of the ball and creates a lot of chances to flourish. On that basis he probably wouldn’t be a good fit for either us or Forest. More of a finisher with a poor all round game.

4 minutes ago, Safestandingfox said:

Their Head Coach is terrible, has favourites who inevitably aren't good enough then the fans get onto the 1 or 2, Gimenez included, who can't get into the game despite being the better individuals in the squad, bonkers

Sounds familiar!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, OadbyBlue said:

All the talk from Feyenoord fans is that he’s a player who needs to play in team who has a lot of the ball and creates a lot of chances to flourish. On that basis he probably wouldn’t be a good fit for either us or Forest. More of a finisher with a poor all round game.

Careful, Enzo might still read foxestalk and Chelsea are about to make a £100million bid 

30 minutes ago, OadbyBlue said:

I watched him live once and I agree. A goal getter rather than contributing anywhere else. 

35 minutes ago, Safestandingfox said:

Yeah, I’ve watched plenty of them for many years in the States, their federation is just bonkers— that’s a perfect word for it. lol

33 minutes ago, Safestandingfox said:

Mexico has been on a downward decline for awhile now. They needed Korea to beat Germany, to advance to the knockout round in 2018, and failed to get out of the group in 2022 for the first time since 1978. They didn't get out of the group at Copa America 2024. Before that, they got knocked out 7-0 by Chile in 2016. They have been completely dominated by America in every competitive fixture since Gregg Berhalter's hire, including each of the 3 Nation's League's tournaments (2 finals and 1 semifinal loss). They've had 4 managers since the 2018 world cup.

There's deep, systemic issues. Sure, manager quality might be one of them, but they really aren't putting players into Europe due to LigaMX dominance on club football in the country. Player salaries are way higher than what most players would make in Europe (since most end up playing in Holland, Portugal, etc.). LigaMX Clubs are so competitive, they do not want to sell up and coming talent. Player development is stagnating, while the best players in America, Canada, Jamaica, etc. all attempt to make it in Europe.  

Then there's the federation, which is a whole other bag of worms. I just don't see how this changes in the short or medium term future. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Detroit Blues said:

Mexico has been on a downward decline for awhile now. They needed Korea to beat Germany, to advance to the knockout round in 2018, and failed to get out of the group in 2022 for the first time since 1978. They didn't get out of the group at Copa America 2024. Before that, they got knocked out 7-0 by Chile in 2016. They have been completely dominated by America in every competitive fixture since Gregg Berhalter's hire, including each of the 3 Nation's League's tournaments (2 finals and 1 semifinal loss). They've had 4 managers since the 2018 world cup.

There's deep, systemic issues. Sure, manager quality might be one of them, but they really aren't putting players into Europe due to LigaMX dominance on club football in the country. Player salaries are way higher than what most players would make in Europe (since most end up playing in Holland, Portugal, etc.). LigaMX Clubs are so competitive, they do not want to sell up and coming talent. Player development is stagnating, while the best players in America, Canada, Jamaica, etc. all attempt to make it in Europe.  

Then there's the federation, which is a whole other bag of worms. I just don't see how this changes in the short or medium term future. 

Yep. :(

2 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

If Forest bring this guy in, I'd test them with a bid for Awoniyi.

They wouldn’t sell him to us for a reasonable fee though.

Football is a funny old game. Before July I’d have been well against signing Awoniyi. Now I would be quite happy with it.

1 hour ago, FoxinNotts said:

Awionyi’s second touch is always a tackle

Just had a “debate” with a first fan who claims he’s “unreal” and “probably better than Vardy you know”..

I didn't used to dislike forest fans, but this lad is something else, the level of delusion is world record standard……

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, HoustonFox said:

Why is this still a thread? 

Because if we signed him having had him tell Forest to get ****ed it would be our best transfer in decades and that's worth a thread if nowt else. 

(Well aware we won't.)